Love Live! School Idol Project Discussion

I picked up up the first single and listened to the intros a few times. I think it is a promising set. I am probably in the small minority who is actually really glad to see them phase µ’s out while they are still on top. I feel very pretty strongly that at least from a story perspective our time with µ’s has come to close, and I am glad they are not being used until we are all at the point where we are saying “Do you remember when Love Live used to be good?” I don’t know if you watched the movie, but even though it is fun it really lacked focus, and the major conflict was mostly recycled from season 2.

Besides, if they switch out Love Live girls every few years down the line they can have a crazy cross over movie where all of the Love Live groups need to sing at an upcoming Love Live. This is how they handle it with PreCure at least and it is ridiculous amounts of fun.

I thought they were kinda eliminating the chance of them coming back to perform at love live cuz you know… they aren’t a group anymore… but anyways the movie might not have made any sense but it still had good songs :smile: probably my favorite was bokutachi wa hitotsu no hikari cuz I think incorporating the names into the lyrics is fancy.

My favorite song from the movie changes every day. Right now I am obsessed with the first years song. I loved the movie - I watched it 3 times over the last few weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as a combo movie, maybe I have just seen too many PreCure All Stars movies, but I would not put it past them to have a vapid premise to get the groups together. And if they do it will be amazing.

Besides, the non-anime official line is more that µ’s wont have anymore solo appearances. So I will hold onto hope.

Agree with the sentiment, Aqours definitely have potential, and as sad as it is, I’d rather end µ’s adventure while we can still look back on it as incredibly successful rather than wait until the band dies down on its own. At least all we have now are good memories, and if anything the announcement of the final live during the peak of the band’s success makes my affection toward µ’s even stronger, as all I can look back on are the great things they gave me.

Actually Emitsun (Honoka’s seiyuu) denied that they’d be disbanding: “Our next live is the final solo live, but it is not a break-up live. We have no intentions of such.” (from http://love-live.wikia.com); I think with those words we can definitely expect more from µ’s in the future, if only appearances along with Aqours in their lives, whenever those come around. Which is good actually; I’d be too sad if I never got to see them again! Who doesn’t want to hear more of the Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki live? Maybe they could even get the Aqours girls to sing along; now that’d be seriously great.

3 Likes

They’ve already disappointed me with that bland character design. I’ll try to keep my expectations low so I won’t be disappointed.

This AMV made me cry a little…

Who here is watching Love Live Sunshine? For the first episode, I was kinda meh about the whole thing but then by episode 2 it got progressively better and by episode 9 I can confidently say it’s going to be my anime of the season behind of course, Planetarian. What about you guys?

2 Likes

Enjoying it an extremely shameful amount. Every episode makes me so happy. The latest episode was especially extremely good. The logic in my mind says that the show is garbage but I fucking love love live.

Also been rewatching the original series with @Exenorate (his first time) and I’m finding more stuff to like about the show, and noticing that Sunshine does some things better.

4 Likes

My friend and I were just talking about how much better the characters are in Sunshine than the original. In the first a lot of them fit in tropes and didn’t expand past that. Maki is a tsundere, Hanayo is the shy one that loves idols, Rin is the tomboy, Honoka’s the ditzy lead, etc. In Sunshine while they still have basis in tropes they get more expanded. Yoshiko is an easy one to notice but others like say Dia expand past “acts like a hardass but isn’t really”.

I’ve also noticed the writing overall is higher quality. I can’t really think of anything in the first series on par with the emotions displayed in episodes 8 and 9. Chika’s seiyuu is amazing at conveying emotion in episodes 3 and 8 and (episode 9)Kanan and Mari’s during the fight were great too.

1 Like

I will never stop loving the original girls, but yeah, the development in Sunshine has been way more on track. My fiance never watched the original anime, and with how tight Sunshine has been I almost hesitate to show it to him.

2 Likes

As much as I like Love Live! Sunshine I still can’t feel any definite attachment to the characters as I did with the first cast.
I think I probably just need more time since one of the things that I liked a lot about the first cast was the VAs themselves

1 Like

Found this about the Aquors popularity polls

1 Like

You seems to be doing well like she should. Have no fucking idea how Kanan got so popular. She has so little screen time, and only 1 episode to shine.

Well the 1 episode to shine thing kind of applies to everyone? If not one they got two because it’s 9 girls in a 12 episode anime.
To each their own. The world is big enough for their to be something they like about Kanan that we don’t see.
Also something I heard about Idol Center Voting is that the a good amount of the Japanese voters will not vote for someone who got 1st recently so that everyone in the idol group will get their own time to shine.

I think Kanan’s popularity has more to do with the content for her outside of the anime - like in SIF and the magazine interviews. I know that I was into Hanamaru before the anime aired based on that material.

by that logic only Riko and Chika should be popular. As @kyuketsukimiyu pointed out it’s probably because of all the other content (the pre-release interviews are why I like Kanan so much) or because that 1 episode was probably the strongest in Sunshine!! so far.

1 Like

She is pretty cute tbh

1 Like

Who’s still watching LLSS Second Season? I have like no irl friends who watch it but I still love it. Also My Mai Tonight came out and I can’t stop listening to it it’s really damn good.

1 Like

I’m only 4 episodes in, because I decided to watch it with a friend who hadn’t seen season one, so we had to watch that first.
Really loving it so far. The budget is noticeably way higher, so much of the art is great, and every episode has been gooooood stufffffffffff
I really like Mai Tonight too actually. It definitely stood out for me so far.

1 Like

I’m watching LL SS S2. Can’t say I like it too much. I never really liked Aquors nearly as much as u’s, and I’m leaning onto saying that this season is probably the worst Love Live! Season of the four. It’s decent enough, but Love Live! Sunshine!! has no soul to it, and I can’t say I like the music very much.