Little Busters! - Minigame Discussion

I recorded the cafeteria mini game in order to get a better look at it.
Basic rundown:

1. Combo plate is 7 items: plate, miso, rice, cabbage, tempura, katsu, and croquette
  2. Curry is 3 items: plate, rice, and curry. However, the curry seems to still count as good while it has 1-2 extra meat items; having all 3 or a piece of cabbage ruins it.
  3. Onigiri is 4 items: plate, miso, onigiri, and jelly.

It seems you’re consistently given about 30 frames of time before the first extra item is added.

Are you able to calculate how many correct plates I served per second by chance?

Of course not. I don’t know what determines the duration of the game.

Too bad I am quite curious. :frowning:

I assume LB runs at 60 fps, so you have about half a second once something is completed?

Oh man I got 50 just yesterday, don’t have the screenshot but got the achievement to prove it.
I almost had a heart attack playing this minigame ;_;
My mouse glitches to the top right of the screen every once in a while so I had to use my trackpad to do this.
This was a hard af obstacle to beat but thank god I got 50, probs won’t be able to do it again tho.

2 Likes

Well done, I got…14!

I love how some students scream out how lucky they are that they got a free Ebi Fry Curry for lunch

4 Likes

So, uhm. There’s a baseball game at the end of the common route. And you can choose what strategies to use and all that. What do all the terms even mean, and is there meaning in choosing that stuff? I have literally no knowledge about baseball in terms of strategy.

1 Like

Lmao all my baseball knowledge came from watching 6 seasons of Major

Welcome to my world.

All I can do is parrot what guides said; steal when Kyousuke and/or Kurugaya are on base cause they’re good runners. Other than that, uh, I just leave it to the player.

2 Likes

I guess that tells me what to choose. I still don’t know what a player is basically doing in terms of trying to picture the game in my mind.

I was referring to the video frame rate, but yes 60 fps.

Huh? Baseball match final score was 4 - 4 and we lost?

draws lose.

Well now I know it’s stacked! It’s a moral victory I claim :ohoho:

Update on my Catering mini game score :ohoho:

Anyone willing to surpass me? :smug:

4 Likes

Pah!

I think my photoshop skills need a little work… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

So, for the different options you have when sending someone up to bat…

Drag bunt: a ‘bunt’ is when you strike the ball lightly in order to send it low along the ground, bouncing and rolling. This is so that the other team can’t catch it (if they do so then the batter is automatically out) a ‘drag bunt’ involves hitting the ball along the line typically towards 3rd base (or 1st if you want to get someone home real bad) so the ball is on the opposite site of the field to where you’re running to. The easiest way for the opponent to get a batter out is to get the ball to the 1st base asap, preventing you from finding safe haven there. Thus, if you bunt it along the ground to the opposite side of the field it’s the safest way to get to 1st. It’s low risk and low profit.

Hit and run: The opposite. You hit that damn ball as hard and high as you can and run as fast as you can. There is a high risk that an opponent will catch your ball as it comes down on them, but this gives you the most time to get yourself and anyone else who is on those bases back home. Most effective when you have all the bases ‘stacked’ with other previous batters.

Steal: If you have a player already on a base, they can sneak and/or sprint their way to the next base. As long as the pitcher doesn’t see them and throw the ball to a nearby player who can tag them with it, you’re good. Very risky.

Opportunity play: Honestly? This is the default option for Riki when you play him and is equivalent to letting the player on the base decide, Riki will hit the ball and see what happens, whatever ‘opportunity’ arises he’ll ‘play’ it.

Steal home: The same as steal, but for home. Incredibly dangerous because you’re literally moving to the focal point of the pitcher’s vision. Very easy to be tagged while doing this.

There are basically three outcomes from the pitcher throwing the ball at the batter, a ball, a strike, or a hit:

A ball is tallied whenever the pitcher throws outside outside of the ‘plate’ (that metal platform on the ground near the batter/catcher) and the batter doesn’t swing. If there are 4 balls for any one batter, they get a free walk to the 1st base.

A strike occurs whenever the batter swings and misses the ball, when they don’t swing and the ball goes over the plate, or if they hit a ball and it goes outside of the lines running to either 1st or 3rd base (a foul ball). If you get three strikes then you’re out and can’t continue to bat.

On a hit you run like hell, get to 1st base before the ball gets there and you’re safe. If you can get further then that’s even better, and if you go all the way from the plate back around somehow then that’s a ‘Home Run’.

If I’ve missed anything let me know!

12 Likes

You cannot strike out from a foul ball, so foul balls don’t count as strikes when the batter already has 2 strikes. The pitcher has to throw the ball again to the same batter.

Appart from that, I think pretty much everything else is covered as far as rules are concerned.

1 Like