Little Busters! - Minigame Discussion

Brand new score on the Catering Mini game! (previous was 52) :ohoho:

7 Likes

Still haven’t won the baseball game yet, but the mini-games make this visual novel so much more humorous and fun to play, really makes it a blast and it fits completely into the story as well.

These are some well placed mini-games if may say so myself. The ripostes are kinda odd but that probably due to the language barrier of being translated.

I couldn’t stop laughing. Mask the Saito appears for the first time…and immediately loses to Haruka.

So much for a last boss.
:yahaha:

7 Likes

Last boss spoiler (sorta?)

He was beaten twice in a row by Komari and Rin in my Haruka playthrough. it was pretty sad to see him still rank bottom after 2 wandering lmao, but I stopped laughing when he kicked my arse in the last battle ;_;

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Little Busters! Batting Practice Rankings

Just got the ‘Farewell, Unknown Lifeform’ achievement, seems hard to get but the minimames appear to be somewhat easier after Refrain. Rin’s stats were good but not as high as in a previous playthrough. Have to admit it took a few reloads though!

Steam achievement

1 Like

I have surpassed my limits once again :push:

4 Likes

@Dunciboy and @VyseGolbez I won the baseball game on my first playthrough, only because I resetted whenever Rin got bad stat increases since she’s the pitcher. I made sure that she learned all her pitching skills (especially the upgraded version of Raging Meow Ball.) The strategy I employed was to hope Rin would strike out all the batters so that the rest of the team wouldn’t have to do anything. The few times a batter did hit the ball, Kurugaya or Haruka would catch it. It’s kind of a time-consuming strategy so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you really want to win the baseball game early or you really like Rin. I haven’t played the Perfect Edition yet, but I assume this tactic still works?

What is the best items to give rin for the unknown lifeform all arm strength? Also is there any way you can make her obtain more items so she has 3? I was like barely able to beat 2nd form with 2 sasasami shoes. Also what does that butterfly do?

I know you are supposed to be able to trade items with Rin but since I was skipping the battles I don’t remember having the opportunity at all, I have no idea what Rin was carrying other than items she got from from Sasami. So much of it for me just seems to be down to luck and persistence with reloads, though no doubt it’s possible (and more satisfying) with planning and not having to reload.

I don’t think Rin carries any items to sasami cause she gives them to Riki (you). The only item she carries by default are ‘bristle grass’ and ‘cup jelly’ i think.

To give her items you have to keep the battle rankings on and when wandering if you encounter rin and she is not on a rank from which she can challenge you then you can trade your items with her.

Yeah all arm strength works well. Beat it with just like 1 or 2 fight rewinds with sasasamis exam sheet and wrist weight. And I got 1 perfect.

It wasn’t near as hard as I thought, just play with masato a few times for wrist weight, trade with rin whenever she has an item and get 1 other high arm strength item. Keep riki at rank 1 and rin at rank 3 so you can trade, then when you drop to 7th just stay there so you can just trade. Use the ranking just for trading.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Little Busters! Batting Practice High Combos

My favorite part at practice.I managed to hit that 2 times there.

2 Likes

How cruel! Actually I too, think that’s always pretty hilarious when the bento spills all over the place…

Mio doesn’t like having a ball hitting her bento :D.I love her reaction every time i hit there.

Finally managed to win the baseball game. I’ve completed all routes except Rin2 so far.
Not exactly an exciting score…

5 Likes

So much like @Naoki_Saten, I’ve managed to win the baseball game as I am moving towards Rin2 and I just have to say… it was absolutely exciting! I don’t think I’ve ever gotten this excited over a minigame in, well, ever! So allow me, if you will, to recount my victory…

I started off by trying out a bunch of formations, and I noticed that for defense, each character had their own strengths and weaknesses. Masato, for example, was terrible in the outfield, constantly fumbling the ball. Kud, on the other hand, was the exact opposite! As for offense, I tried to find a good alternating balance between strong and weak players, so I could steal with a bunt whenever I could. It did take a bit of save scumming to get to that, so I do apologize.

I got to a pretty good start, gaining a 2-1 lead on the first inning. Maintained a strong defense in the next innings, with kud heavily proving her worth, catching what could have been a home run right in mid-air

But by the last inning, terror struck. A home run by the opposing team, no thanks to komari fumbling with the ball! I’m sorry komari, you’re a great girl but baseball just ain’t for you. End of the captain’s turn I was three points behind and things were looking grim, but I bit the bullet and stuck to it.

After both haruka and masato getting decent rounds up to second base, kyousuke managed to get a great hit, bringing me up one point, and putting kyousuke to first base. Komari redeemed herself with a fairly decent sacrifice bunt and kurugaya managed to swoop by pushing kyousuke to third.

Then it was Kengo’s turn… bases were loaded, I was two points behind, and I screamed internally that our only chance was for Kengo to strike a home run! After seeing the message of him getting a fly ball I was ecstatic!! But the opposing team got the ball in time, only after I managed to get the two points I so greatly needed.

With Rin up to bat and Kurugaya on third, I thought to myself “Rin has decent arm strength, and Kurugaya is swift enough to make it seem like she can teleport so…” without hesitation, I spammed that “Steal Home” choice like there was no tomorrow. Rin got a hit, and Kurugaya lived up to her name, stealing home just in time to get me that last point to victory

And so ended my first victory. I had a weird grin plastered on my face and if I wasn’t playing in public, I would jave screamed “Wasshoi! Wasshoi!” with the rest of the team.

Alls well that ends well, and it was a far cry for my first bout of losing with a 20-point deficit :yahaha:

7 Likes

I wasn’t as lucky, my game was boring… LB shit stomped them. 2nd inning called game wtf. Was it because I used the optimal positions from the guide?

The most exciting thing to happen in a mini game for me was kengo losing to the weakest lifeform. I thought that was a scripted win tbh.

I wanted masato to lose so bad but even with rewinding I couldn’t since he had a powerful food item.

Come to think of it there was a lot of minigame one sided battles in my play through. Mask saito was perfected and the final lifeform another perfect KO. It seems like I might of rewinded for the lifeform though but it was the first KO.

3 Likes

@Kierva I missed your highscore by two plates

although, I’ll admit I cheated a bit :yahaha: (Pause screen)

3 Likes