Little Busters! - General Discussion

I mean… That’s the point. If you thought that then the route did its job. If you understood it, if you weren’t confused, then it’d be an entirely different story.

Yeah I know that was the point. That’s why I like the route. I didn’t mean I wish they’d write it in a way that you’d understood it right off the bat. I just wish it hadn’t been THAT confusing. It felt unsatisfying. Obviously it felt more satisfying after Refrain but I just feel it would’ve been better without that initial dissatisfaction. At least not on the level I felt it at.

For the purpose of statistics, could someone tell me when Little Busters was first confirmed to have been officially picked up for localization?

31st October 2015, it was announced here: https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Little_Busters!

Can’t believe I have already racked up 93 hours reading time ( not yet on Refrain), and I am using skip to repeat through the Common Route via new game each time I begin a new route and not doing the baseball oractice/battles anymore.

I still only have 51% of the gallery and 79% of the Busterpedia.

Surely others must have spent longer when reading more slowly - what’s the longest anyone here has taken to (more or less) complete the VN?

Since I finished LB! a few days ago, after 155 hours, and lacking only the impossible for me Cafeteria Game achievement I thought I’d try to list the routes as my favourites top to bottom, but the best I can do is rank in the 4 tiers as:

1. Refrain
  2. Yuiko Kurugaya, Mio Nishizono
  3. Komari Kamikita, Rin Natsume
  4. Kanata Futaki / Haruka Saigusa (they are so strongly linked I feel as if they are of one)
    7 - 10 Common, Kudryavka Noumi,Sasami Sasasegawa, Saya Tokido

I doubt many would agree with this but, well, it is how it is.

Objectively I would rate the entirety as 9/10 , subjectively a little lower as I just couldn’t get into it as much as I hoped from my pre-launch expectations. The mini-games do nothing for me, though they are well done and can be skipped anyway. I just wonder if I would feel differently had I played this before Clannad? In the end the theme of Clannad just engaged me so much more than Litbus, that’s no “fault”, but just down to life experiences and preferences I guess.

I shall lower my hopes a bit for Rewrite+ and see y’all when it comes out ( in 3 years?!).

In the meantime enjoy LB and life!

3 Likes

I just started Little Busters and I have a quick question: would you guys advise me to use a walkthrough? I used the walkthrough for Clannad and didn’t regret doing so (and it was very necessery), wondering if the same applies here. I’m kinda assuming it does, but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

1 Like

I used a walkthrough. and I did not regret it either. I’m too scared to do something stupid in games. lol. in steam has a walkthrough to the game. in little busters I used two walkthroughs. one that was in steam and another that has description of the accessorys.

1 Like

Haha yeah I wouldn’t want to mess something up, and I imagine Little Busters isn’t exactly a straightforward VN. Thanks for the links! I think I saw the steam walkthrough when looking around before but the other one definitely seems helpful as well.

Well LB is my least favorite Key VN, id guess because [Refrain spoilers] the majority of the VN takes place within the dream world EX changes this a little, so it has improved my enjoyment of it a fair bit.

Yes Rewrite+ in english please :pray:

As @JmTrad mentioned we have our own guide on steam, i can confirm its quality :+1:

1 Like

I’d like to start Little Busters! sometime in the future, but I was curious if there’s any particular recommended route order before I begin in earnest. I know there was a walkthrough for the fan TL, but would that still be compatible (so to speak) with the Steam release? Any and all clarification is appreciated!

2 Likes

We actually have a current bookclub for Little Busters with the route order listed in here. The corresponding walkthrough is in the reply right above yours. For each route we do a podcast. Currently the most recent posted podcast was Kurugaya but Haruka and Kud are in the editing process right now.

4 Likes

Oh, my bad! Thanks for the pointers. >< I’ll get better about carefully reading the posts before mine for clarification.

2 Likes

Mio is a wildcard and can go anywhere, so we put her at the start for something different, but I know a lot of people prefer to put Komari first. Other than that I will defend our route order~ Kud being last felt very good imo.

3 Likes

Well, I would say LB is my favourite Key VN…just behind Rewrite and Clannad.
I guess I just relate to it more, especially to Haruka’s route, because I know what its like to be treated badly and to be ostracized by people (I was bullied and isolated a lot when I was in school, not really having any friends).
So yeah, LB will always be my favourite Key VN. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this was ever posted here or not? Either way it needs to be immortalised. @Kanon’s Riki hairsniff tally.

1 Like

Why is it that 90% of those lines seem to be from Shirokiri routes :nonono:

1 Like

Here’s a quick chart I did of the LB route ratings here! Why are Kud and Sasami so low :uee:

3 Likes

Why is Rin’s route so high up and Sasami’s one so low down? Rin’s route is by far the worst in LB, especially the first one. Of course, it’s my opinion, but still

A lot of the results are surprising to me too, but Rin isn’t exactly high, she’s right in the middle.