Little Busters! EX DOTABATA Ranking Battle TL Project

Little Busters! EX DOTABATA Ranking Battle is a deck-building card game published Arclight, who are also known for the famous Tanto Cuore deck-building games. The game is based on the battle ranking minigame from Little Busters, and sees players purchasing characters and pitting them in battles with random weapons in order to earn the title of Leader of the Battle Rankings. You can find it on Amazon Japan if you’re interested!

We’re currently in the process of translating the game into English for everyone to enjoy! If you’d like to help the project, please let us know!

9 Likes

As soon as I saw this I thought Tabletop Simulator. I’ve played some Tanto Cuore on there before. I could probably make a template in PS to speed things up.

I would definitely be up for playing it, I think it would be a lot of fun! :smiley:

This is a game where cats are currency, and where the battles are decided not by who gets the best weapon but by who gets the least bad one. Seems like a good representation of Little Busters!

4 Likes

This sounds awesome! I’d be perfectly willing to help you with some of the photoshopping (though none of the translations, unfortunately I don’t know a word of Japanese), but about how long will you be open for needing help? I’ll have a fair amount of free time by the beginning of March but until then I probably won’t have the time to spare.

Hard to say at this point! Depends how much help I get now.

I’m decent with photoshop paint.net if you still need help

I believe one way that people play japanese card games is that they just translate the effect and print it on paper that they drop into card sleeves :umu: that way, you won’t have to go through the trouble of, well, photoshopping every effect into every card.

Of course this means you’ll have to purchase the original japanese deck, but why the hell not!

OK then! I’ll ask again in March and see if you still need any more help. This looks like a lot of fun, though, so I’d be happy to contribute!

That’s already been done, albeit in poor English. What I’m looking to do is bring this game to Tabletop Sim so we can all play it together!

UPDATE: I’ve now cropped all the cards and boards! Now we need someone to edit the English text, to remove text from the cards and insert the edited text into said cards.

1 Like

I’ll be editing the card text over here. Anything orange I haven’t gotten to yet.

Edit: Here’s the rulebook as well. I pretty much just need to hunt inconsistencies now. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_WRFSet8IAl78CT9QPWoCpm0l811oaAF_PtKNBNuDVk/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

I can help out sometimes with text removing (I can also do the text adding but I’d rather stick to one task). Here, I tried doing a Riki card:

EDIT: Also did these three:

3 Likes

I am crying internally :sad:

4 Likes

So a progress update, since I’ve been away/busy for the last couple weeks. I know @Kawaii-is-Justice has done some awesome work removing text from a good portion of the cards, and I think @HeliosAlpha is done editing the text? Maybe?

Next we need somebody to insert the text into the cards, making it look all nice and stuff.

It might also be worth releasing the edited text as card inserts so people can play with the physical version too.

Typesetting eh? I did that for a scanlation group for a little while. Tell me if you still need help.

Yes that word XP

We still need help! Just waiting on confirmation from @HeliosAlpha on whether or not he’s finished editing the text.

1 Like

All cards are functional as far as the text. As long as it fits within the text box, there shouldn’t be any problems. Alternatively if there’s some phrasing people don’t understand, that would need changing. My sense of what’s understandable or not is a bit skewed.

Okie dokie, just give me edit/comment access and I’ll go through it.

EDIT: Okay, I’ve finished editing the scripts. They are now ready for typesetting! How goes the text removal @Kawaii-is-Justice?

It’s a bit slow but I should be done with removing the text of all cards before Tuesday and I’ll upload them all at once.

1 Like

I’m also preparing card sleeve inserts for use with the physical version of the game (nudge @Pepe), halfway done with those but I gotta catch some sleep. We’ve got Hardscope already trying out some different styles for the cards at the moment.

1 Like