Little Busters! 10th Anniversary Mission Start! All the latest news from VisualArt's

As part of VisualArt’s weekly livestream, yesterday they revealed a special project in celebration of the Little Busters! 10th Anniversary! That’s right, Little Busters! came out 10 years ago and, no matter how old that makes you feel, they are making all of us remember the good times we’ve had with the whole Little Busters! crew. In light of that, they’ve set up 5 “missions” for us fans to participate in, and make this anniversary a memorable one.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/little-busters-10th-anniversary-mission-start-all-latest-news-visualarts/
6 Likes

I’m really excited for the LB English release :3

And the anniversary contest sounds cute o.o

That’s a really cute anniversary idea! Little Busters 10th is gonna be a great one.

Don’t think I can do any of the “missions” but end of August for LB! release sounds good! Obviously sooner would be better but we want the finished article and not a rush for some deadline :happy:

1 Like

And I’m sitting here alone, still waiting for Tomoyofunding…

6 Likes

You’re certainly not the only one friend.

2 Likes

All I need to know is whether or not they will let me get my hands on a physical copy of the Little Busters! English Edition. Come on Visual Arts. Don’t let me down! Onegai!!!

2 Likes

Really interesting promotional kind of deal up there with the Anime Man… Last checked he’s a really popular anime Youtuber, so there ought to be new people who gain interest into LB~

Also, is anyone well versed in amiami shipping price to the US? I don’t think they give you a shipping estimate until after everything is done and confirmed… Just wanted to know how longt I’ll be eating tea over rice if I decide to buy something : D

I hope the #LB10th thing doesn’t have to be something new per say. It’s too good of an excuse to make Miyuki sprites…

Also hey, Joey’s a friend of a friend. Nice to see him so well recognized.

I have ordered from AmiAmi many times now. Their shipping prices are about as good as it gets when dealing Japan Post/USPS. Small packages that aren’t too heavy tend to be pretty affordable. I had a 7 item order last July that included figures and software and it ended up being about $60 to ship EMS - smaller orders were closer to $25. For SAL a single figure would ship for around $15 and when I ended up with a n order that had only a keychain in it that was about $8 to ship.

Books would be what drives up the shipping the cost the most in my experience. My rule of thumb for guessing shipping on books is to assume the shipping will be about as much as you spend on the book, and you do not get any real savings from bigger orders. With merch you do tend to save money on shipping if you get it all in one order.

1 Like

Ever since I played LB in 2014, for a long time, it always felt like the LB ship had already sailed. Nobody in the general anime community talks about it anymore, anime expos or even anime hobby shops never have any merchandise or promotional material on them, and it felt like the world had already moved on to more important things.

But… seeing VisualArt’s go so far in promoting its 10th anniversary almost brings a tear to my eye. Can’t say I’m too keen on the whole crowdfunding of the kud wafter anime (or actually, kud wafter itself) but I guess any attention is good attention at this point. Looking forward to reading the rest of the details once they come out.

5 Likes

Yeah, one thing I dislike about modern trends with gaming and with anime is that, for the most part, fandom is very cyclical. It’s because of the large amount of junk coming out now, people rarely sit on a show. 15+ years ago you know that, almost no matter the show, there’ll be a fanbase for it you can find, one that vastly outlives the material they are fans of.

In Japan you had those little niche communities all over, and it was even more prevalent outside of Japan due to fan translation culture. Back then you get a game, enjoy it, and then live it until the next big thing comes along. Nowadays you get a game, get another game, get another game, repeat… And people aren’t gonna make a site for the game they adore, they’re just gonna gush on Youtube or Twitter.

Kazamatsuri was probably created in response to that, but then Key went and actually made stuff happen all the time.

Still, at least for those older niches you can still stumble across them. There are fansites for ONE and Kanon heroines out there somewhere… Most of the time they aren’t even online anymore. You’ve either got to waybackmachine them or find a html file on a doujinsoft disk. Makes them all the more pleasurable to discover.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who is actually jealous of that prospect?

Pretty sure they’ll take that option, no matter how old it is :yahaha:

1 Like

Article Updated! VisualArt’s have published the 10th Anniversary Website, and it includes some more details. In particular, it’s been revealed that 50 signed baseballs are up for grabs for #LB10th contributions! I am so hyped for this, I just need to think of what I can produce!

Does founding Kazamatsuri count as a contribution?

3 Likes

Edited by BRB - superfluous!

Yet that’s already in the article thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

@Aspirety

Ah yes so it is, I’m sure I didn’t see it when I looked earlier! Well it’s good to have a look at it as it’s the first I have seen of the “gameplay” in either English or Japanese. It seems a little different to what I expected (in a good way).

You are not alone.

1 Like

TIME TO HIDE MY TWITTER LOCATION

I hope they do something interactive worldwide that doesn’t require Twitter or Facebook account for refuseniks like me!