Let's compliment each other!

Even though I’ve been away and haven’t been able to be around these last weeks, it’s amazing how quickly I connected you to when you first joined the Discord. I loved your first posts in the LB bookclub: you showed that you could think a lot about the characters and their hidden messages, but overall you just didn’t care a lot about complex theories and simply enjoyed common. That’s also my style, I’d rather enjoy the story at first without thinking too much about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Secret Santa allowed us to have a rather enjoyable conversation when you found out that I was your Secret Santa!

7 Likes

We may not know each other too well, but ever since we had that little bonding session with some other members a while back, I’ve appreciated your kindness and how open-minded you are.

5 Likes

Okamiiiiiiiiiii YOU’RE SUCH A GOOD NOODLE.

You are another one of my oldest friends from here, and it has been a delight sharing the love of Shiori with you. The Rin plush you gave me has remained faithfully at my side since day one.

4 Likes

And you’re the best senpai, albeit a bit of a meanie at times.

Just kidding, you’re always nice.

4 Likes

Hello again!

It is always awesome to hear how you shared your thoughts, and especially how they are very articulate, detailed, and fair to boot, about Kanon as a whole. This goes double for Shiori but I think Rin beat me to that haha.

I also miss the :uguu: but I understand that it would be better as a Shiori uguu. Plus, there is a lot going on so it’s more than understandable.

:happy:

4 Likes

Kai! We’re cut from the same cloth, you and me. Us guys who wake up as ass-o’clock in the morning have to stick together.

In the past year or so, you’ve become one of my best online friends. Usually talking to people is the last thing I want to do at 5 AM, but you make it a pretty good time. I admire your ability to be an optimist; you always keep your cool even when a situation gets me angry. You’ve been my friend longer than anyone else on this site and I hope that doesn’t change anytime soon.

By the way—I’m rooting for your Eagles this weekend!

5 Likes

I respect how you talked comfortably and casually with me when I first joined Kaza. It made me feel welcome and made it really seem like Kaza was a home.
You are the first person ever who called me cool.

I also appreciate how you become a very serious person when necessary, to come up with ideas that could help tackle problems.

Thank you for being my friend.

4 Likes

I am impressed by how you provide good reasoning and in depth analysis of characters in your posts. You display more maturity despite being so young and that’s something i admire.

You have a way of communicating with people easily and getting to know them. You are ever enthusiastic to participate in activities in group activities and make them more fun.

I’m glad that we have a member like you on kaza.

5 Likes

Ganesh_Swami, I like how you welcome people who comment on the “Introduce Yourself!” thread. As someone who greets people on another site as part of the welcoming committee, it is good to see another person that wants to help others feel comfortable when starting up.

3 Likes

You have a really nice bio on your profile :smiley: not many people take as much effort to fill that up but you did and that’s great. Hope we can get to know you a bit more here on kaza :umu:

3 Likes

You’re one of the people I’ve talked to the most here on Kazamatsuri in the years I’ve been a member here. You’re super friendly and outgoing, and it’s always a lot of fun interacting with you. Keep being awesome~ :ahaha:

4 Likes

I don’t listen to many anime song covers, and even though I’ve only listened to a handful of your song covers, your singing voice is wonderful.

5 Likes

Oh hey, I just noticed this thread, so I figured I might add a bit of a challenge to this thread.

I don’t usually give out compliments, nor am I really big on being complimented myself (although of course I do appreciate a compliment every now and then), but after reading through some of your posts, I think you deserve merit for being able to survive through such a hellish life, and rightfully so. Life is hell and I think we both know this like the back of our hands, but if you managed to get through that as a child, I assure you, you will make it through everything life will throw at you in the future.

Keep your head up man. Go out there and achieve something. I mean, hey, who knows what life might have in store for you?

8 Likes

Hey Nate, we haven’t talked that much but from the few words we exchanged, you seem like a really cool person who’s not afraid of talking to others when you have something to say, and for that I have nothing but respect (and a bit of envy, teach me your ways).

I’m so sorry for the Harry Potter VNs so you better be sorry for saying Princess Evangile is bad

6 Likes

'Sup, Sparks? Thanks dude, and I’m actually not that outspoken IRL, just to be clear, but after 5 months in Kaza all I’m seeing is familiar names so there’s that. Indeed we haven’t talked to each other a lot, and I think we need to! I do get the same impression from you; you seem very friendly right off the bat and hey, it’s great to have people like you on the Internet full of hostility.

P.S. Princess Evangile is still bad. Read something better. :yahaha:

5 Likes

But but but…I didn’t get to read it yet (and have no idea what to expect of course but I would still like to try it). :cry:

Speaking of having a rough life, you are not in an ideal situation for the field of expertise and the country that you live in either. I don’t know if you still plan to move to the US or somewhere else at this point, but that is not an easy decision to make and moving out is not easy. I really like the fact that you are willing to try to get out of a bad situation.

Also, I really enjoy reading what you have to say in the Discord area and on Kaza. That’s not much of a compliment compared to what SSparks31 has said earlier or your awesome compliment to emilevnp though, but I hope it is at least helpful to you.

4 Likes

Our talks are pretty infrequent now, but I appreciate the kindness you’ve shown to me and everyone else. You allowed me to vent about my issues without a single complaint, and for that I’ll always be grateful. Plus, another huge Kanon fan is always nice. I mostly joined this forum to meet other people who are fond of Kanon, and our first conversation about the series was really enjoyable.

Thanks for being there and for always being so friendly and considerate.

3 Likes

Another thing I like that is you are willing to share all sorts of awesome artwork that I would have never found any other way. In some cases, you are creating the artwork itself or with other people. As a Kanon fan, it is always nice to view.

3 Likes

I’ve only interacted with you on a very minor basis (although the sharing circle was a blast), but I find you a very mature person :umu: Always level-headed in the way you talk about things and give advice, and I appreciate that sort of thing as a great addition to the kind of people we have on Kazamatsuri. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Pepe, I’ve come to think of you like the brother I never had. Since we met on Kazamatsuri, I soon hired you as staff, later meeting you in Japan and spending some of the most fun two weeks of my life with you and promoting you to admin. I feel like I can share almost anything with you, and even if I’m bad at communicating sometimes, you always manage to grasp the heart of what I’m trying to say. You understand me better than almost anyone. You’ve also helped me stay sane in some of the darkest times of my life.

It’s incredibly reassuring to have someone like that as my partner in running Kazamatsuri. I have absolute faith that we share the same goals and intentions for Kazamatsuri. Given this, we can see different sides of issues and debate solutions without ever feeling concerned, because we both know we want the same thing in the end. I’m still a cautious person and believe active communication is important, but I trust you more than anyone.

I understand very well that I could never run a community on my own. But with such a perfect partner, I feel like we’ll be able to overcome any obstacle together. Thanks for everything Pepe, I hope to continue standing beside you for many more days to come. I’m sure there’s all sorts of fun times waiting for us.

11 Likes