Key's Self-References

DAT “maji tenshi” comments 8D

3 Likes

ゲーム化おめ="Congratz for the game adaptation". Net slang, I guess.

3 Likes

“BUY ANGEL BEATS 1ST BEAT”

Shame it’s lost on the western viewers, hahahah.

1 Like

There’s a school in Umineko called Saint Lucia Academy which I just saw while reading…
Umineko written by Ryukishi07, same as Lucia’s route in Rewrite.
That can’t be a coincidence right…?

4 Likes

I also thought that while reading Umineko, though iirc they’re pronounced differently.

Okay so the Umineko school is called ルチーア and Lucia is ルチア, so not a huge difference.

2 Likes

It also appears in Higurashi. Ryukishi07 likes his self-references.

1 Like

This isn’t anything mind-blowing, but I think most of us immediately thought of Ayu Tsukimiya when we first heard Ayumi refer to herself as “Ayu,” right? Considering that, is it possible that Ayumi falling from a high place was meant to be a subtle throwback to her namesake?

1 Like

Nope.
I mean, that’s really a stretch…

To be fair, I immediatly thought of Kanon Ayu when she did that ^^

Maeda didn’t even write AyuAyu’s route so no.

1 Like

(Not exactly Key but…)
Watching Grisaia to get a feel of 8-bit Studio for the upcoming Rewrite anime, and surprise! Key Coffee is not alone!

This is a stretch and probably wasn’t intentional but it bothers me so much I have to say it… So Air and rewrite… I honestly I don’t think they are really related that much but the fact that Yukito controls the puppet like a summoner and on top of that turns himself into a bird, sort of like how kotaru turns himself into a tree, I feel like there is something there… I feel like Yukito would really fit into the rewrite’s world don’t you?

Okay now this part is a huge huge stretch, crazy man theory… You probably shouldn’t even read this tbh lol. I think in rewrite it was said past keys had different appearances? and that they used to be worshiped? (Not sure my memory is bad and this is a HUGE stretch) but maybe kanna? (she doesn’t fit the mold very well but it feels like there might be a slight connection) It is a stretch mainly cause I just don’t remember the details of the key and kanna. Pretty sure when somebody provides details I will feel no connection… The 2nd part is very weak, plus I just can’t remember and I am pretty sure it is just me being silly… but the first part bothers me the most… then again if they weren’t by the same company I probably wouldn’t even see any connection lol.

Don’t you remember the road to oppai route in Rewrite? Yukito was totally there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

man now I wanna get oppai I actually haven’t gotten it. Don’t tell me what you are actually talking about though, I want it to be a surprise.

The Haruka who brings misfortune.

Little Busters: Saigusa Haruka has been treated by her family as the source of all bad things that happened to them.

Rewrite: Asahi Haruka, the cursed girl. She brings death upon people around her. Anyone who talks about her will be cursed.

Both heroines had a tough childhood due to their ‘curses’.
Though this is probably unintentional.

2 Likes

(rewrite/AIR spoilers)I think the Gao t-shirt isn’t just an accident. Both worlds have a lot in common… except for Maeda as a writer (but he was quality checker or something like that).
It is my hunch that AIR has a special place in Maeda’s heart because of two reasons: he wasn’t satisfied with the ending of AIR (people didn’t really get) and the worlds are quite similar.
Maybe… there would be a hint of a third core/series in the anime. daydreaming off Also don’t forget about the little crossover in the manga. i know I know… but then, who knows? :wink:

Just saw this on twitter:

Kanako from Tomoyo After in Clannad!

8 Likes

I could have sword I mentioned that…

Welp, that’s the most nondescript post ever.

3 Likes

What do you read Makoto ? Oh, the manga “Key” ? Good choice !
(Kanon 2006, épisode 5)

7 Likes

Air cameo in Clannad.
Have you seen this guy? (a.k.a. Yukito-san).

Seen on season I, episode 6, near the end (around 20’).

#######yukitosanmemories

More self references… :blush:
These contains spoilers about Rewrite (vn) and Air (anime/vn). You’ve been warned.

This is a reference and maybe much more.
Make your own conclusions.

Remember: she wears some well known t-shirt at some moment…
Another similitude with AIR: Kotarou left her at some point, late in the story.

It makes me wonder, and speculate a lot, if Rewrite is a real ‘canonical’ pseudo-sequel, or if all of this is just a heavy reference/tribute.

We have talked about this before, but we haven’t come to a conclusion yet.

3 Likes