Key's Self-References

Well I know natsukage from air and unused track from little busters have essentially the same beginning, but I think that was just lazy composing lol. Also of course there is the use of the “chorus” in dango daikozaku also used in nagisa warm piano arrange but that’s far more intentional

I always saw it as a full-circle attempt. The story comes to a close, so it loops back around to Clannad.

Actually, “Boys Be Smile”'s lyrics reference “Little Busters!” directly, which is kinda brilliant when you listen to it. I think it could probably elicit a whole discussion kinda thing in the KSL topic.

[quote=“Inuconandoyle, post:51, topic:694”]
here’s a track in the Little Busters anime that sounds quite similar to Natsukage aka Summer Lights from AIR.
[/quote]Yes, yes. Unused Track 3. We’ve had this discussion a billion times in the Key Sounds Label discussion thread. Both of them also sound like some track from Love Song.

Actually @zetaFairlight, you’re the one who brought this whole subject up over there a couple months ago; did you completely forget?

Honestly though, composers just tend to sound like themselves. Maeda sounds like Maeda. Orito sounds like Orito. I wouldnt call it self-references, its the same thing as a writer often using the same themes, etc.

Hello @Yerian, Yeah, I’ve forgot about that thread from time ago while writing this, maybe because it is a bit old (but even so I can remember many interesting posts!).
Ergo, feel free to move the music parts if you feel is right and place a link there. As a musician it just came to my mind this while I was reading the thread. Thanks.

It is a nice topic to talk about, because there are always new findings and opinions, and new fans, along with new music from Key Label. — It would be fun to find a nexus between Angel Beats and Charlotte.

Yes indeed… I wonder if there’s a reason or maybe the reason was that they sound too similar.

That’s a very interesting point of view! I can certainly feel it on Clannad and After Story, but we could easily say the same things about Clannnad and Tomoyo After. Interesting…

Indeed, but sometimes… we can find symbolic bridges and references. Specially when you are both a musician and a writer. Just like the images from this thread imo.

Since we’re talking about music references… well I wasn’t the one to notice this, and many other people know it already, but the lyrics of Hanabi are essentially Rin2 route

And Hanabi came out 4 years before Little Busters :wink:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

I know we all saw this. But just for the sake of it. Here’s the reference of Angel Beats. From Charlotte - Episode 7. And this scene on the computer, seems like a re-modified version of episode 12. Since I can see 12 on the upper right of the link.

4 Likes

I like how it’s 2525 channel, pronounced nigonigo, instead of niconico. There’s also a comment about the game version: "ゲーム化おめ, not 100% sure what it means though.

1 Like

DAT “maji tenshi” comments 8D

3 Likes

ゲーム化おめ="Congratz for the game adaptation". Net slang, I guess.

3 Likes

“BUY ANGEL BEATS 1ST BEAT”

Shame it’s lost on the western viewers, hahahah.

1 Like

There’s a school in Umineko called Saint Lucia Academy which I just saw while reading…
Umineko written by Ryukishi07, same as Lucia’s route in Rewrite.
That can’t be a coincidence right…?

4 Likes

I also thought that while reading Umineko, though iirc they’re pronounced differently.

Okay so the Umineko school is called ルチーア and Lucia is ルチア, so not a huge difference.

2 Likes

It also appears in Higurashi. Ryukishi07 likes his self-references.

1 Like

This isn’t anything mind-blowing, but I think most of us immediately thought of Ayu Tsukimiya when we first heard Ayumi refer to herself as “Ayu,” right? Considering that, is it possible that Ayumi falling from a high place was meant to be a subtle throwback to her namesake?

1 Like

Nope.
I mean, that’s really a stretch…

To be fair, I immediatly thought of Kanon Ayu when she did that ^^

Maeda didn’t even write AyuAyu’s route so no.

1 Like

(Not exactly Key but…)
Watching Grisaia to get a feel of 8-bit Studio for the upcoming Rewrite anime, and surprise! Key Coffee is not alone!

This is a stretch and probably wasn’t intentional but it bothers me so much I have to say it… So Air and rewrite… I honestly I don’t think they are really related that much but the fact that Yukito controls the puppet like a summoner and on top of that turns himself into a bird, sort of like how kotaru turns himself into a tree, I feel like there is something there… I feel like Yukito would really fit into the rewrite’s world don’t you?

Okay now this part is a huge huge stretch, crazy man theory… You probably shouldn’t even read this tbh lol. I think in rewrite it was said past keys had different appearances? and that they used to be worshiped? (Not sure my memory is bad and this is a HUGE stretch) but maybe kanna? (she doesn’t fit the mold very well but it feels like there might be a slight connection) It is a stretch mainly cause I just don’t remember the details of the key and kanna. Pretty sure when somebody provides details I will feel no connection… The 2nd part is very weak, plus I just can’t remember and I am pretty sure it is just me being silly… but the first part bothers me the most… then again if they weren’t by the same company I probably wouldn’t even see any connection lol.