Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

I often wonder myself. Most Key remixes are find are KSL branded, the fan-made ones are much harder to come by in my experience. Have you had a listen of the recent fan arrangement album “rebirth”? http://kazamatsuri.org/2014/05/29/「key15th」-/-「clannad10th」-global-collaborative-arrange-album-rebirth-fan-album-released/

Just downloaded it. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet, but I’m very excited!

In my opinion it’s a pretty mixed bag of meh arrangements and terrific arrangements. Hopefully you find something you like!

For brief stuff http://vgmdb.net/search?q=KSLA
For an almost complete list http://forums.fansub.co/index.php?topic=121.0

There’s some cool album art. Here’s one for @Kanon

I love how Key works are these multimedia monoliths. It’s part of what makes Visual Novels, or any other collection of arts, so beautiful. The music is no exception. It’s always a perfect collection of tracks that not only provide a nostalgic feeling to all of the moments in a story, or moments spent with a character, but also a collection of productions that are superb on their own as standalone songs.

-Toots Angel Beats hype train-
For example- GDM, or any other vocal track, in Angel Beats~

Going deeper, ‘A World Where Nothing Happened’, or, ‘Scene Shifts There’- Two tracks I’d heard prior to reading the VNs they’re in- Instantly I found them to be masterpieces of sound. Key is without a doubt buried in talent with their musicians. This Lia show’s production blew my mind. A personal favorite of mine is Orbita from Branch.

DAT COVER ART.
Do you even know what you’ve posted? That’s some god damn twintail Haruka!

I think my favorite key live moment is LiSA’s Day Game, it’s so hype and GOOD LORD THAT BASSist

Either that or that time Maeda made some girls cry on stage.
He’s such a dick.

3 Likes

Very nice list! But I was actually thinking more of fan-made and fan-produced albums (Doujin Music).

By the way, we have a thread specific for Key fan covers: http://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/key-music-fan-covers

My biggest suggestion for that would be the Enigmatic Lia series… But, of course, those focus on Lia’s music.

Deejay Busters seems like a good choice, too.
Other than those, I think it’d be pretty hard for doujin artists to make remixes because of licensing issues. Unfortunately, Key’s music isn’t like Tohou which has a free-to-remix license.

1 Like

Ooooh haven’t seen that performance yet :smiley: Thanks for that. I guess this is from an IA event?

Has Key had any live events lately? I guess the last ones were the Girls DeMo 2010 and KSL 2010, and haven’t heard anything after that >_<

Hmmm, well, this event was only a few months ago. Pretty sure it was just a Lia concert. Not really sure though. :o

Apparently, it was from here: http://1stplace.co.jp/10_11thlive/

So yeah, more of an IA event
(of course lots of Kagerou Project too. I need to get a copy of this)

That’s an album series I need to get considering I really like Lia’s music.

Darn it. I wish I was there. It would have been awesome. :smile:

Just wanted to resurrect this thread from the depths of time to say how much I am loving Life is Like a Melody recently. Definitely favorite Lia song now.

Also side comment: Am I the only one who has a hard time considering Kitazawa Ayaka a genuine Key vocalist despite having her album under KSLA for the sole reason that she’s only had one song in all of Key works (and not from a VN, even)

Oh god yes. That’s my favorite Tomoyo After track. Powerful vocals~! =w= It fits perfectly with the atmosphere of the VN, but it’s also really reminiscent of Clannad (the final 10 or so seconds especially.)

Ironically, I still haven’t played Tomoyo After. Waiting out for a memorial edition patch

Just wanted to resurrect this thread from the depths of time to say how much I love the ending of Rewrite Harvest Festa called ささやかなはじまり (Sasayaka na Hajimari)

Actually, on that note, the entire Harvest Festa OST is quite good. Only 1 CD long, sure, but every single track on there is really nice. Probably my favorite Key OST, actually.

So to spur on the discussion (because people need to be posting in this topic more often)…

Which is your favorite Key OST?

The biggest problem with the more recent Key VNs (Clannad through Rewrite) is that there are a large amount of generic tracks that don’t really have an impact. I’ll look through the sound gallery after finishing the VN and be like “Eh? Was this in the VN? Oh well…” and move onto a better track. The Character Themes in the aforementioned VNs in particular feel like this to me.
But anyway~
Kanon wins out on having good songs overall.
Rewrite is my favorite for individual tracks.

Just realized I’ve never posted here~

Won’t speak to Kanon or AIR because I haven’t read either of them, but the AIR OST interests me from what I’ve heard of it, especially Natsukage and Aozora.

Clannad OST didn’t really have any amazing, standout tracks, they just all feel like… Clannad. But Nagisa ~ Warm Piano Arrange from Memento and The Girl’s Fantasy from Sorarado are two of my favorite KSL tracks.

Favorite planetarian track is Gentle Jena ~Extended Version~

Haven’t read Tomoyo After either, but Love Song and Rivulet are my favorites from what I’ve heard.

I think I’ll make a whole 'nother post on just Little Busters music because I feel like I have a ton to say about it.

(LOL Kud Wafter)

Haven’t read Rewrite yet, so I don’t want to discuss its OST’s beauty until I have.

And finally Angel Beats. GDM music is pretty darn good. Theme of SSS and all its derivatives (Otonashi, Unjust Life, etc) is god-tier. And although I don’t often hear people talk about it often, I really like Brave Song. I think both of them really express the loneliness and desperation of the SSS and specifically Yuri. Unfortunately the rest of the OST was pretty much just battle tracks, and I’m eager to hear what new music the VN will bring.

1 Like

Futari te wo KYUTTO KYUTTO Kasanete~