Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

Yeah Rewrite Ost. is one of my favourite lol

State of nirvana achieved.

^Agree
[carnation] and [koibumi] is really lovely
i love koibumi lyric

Just got the AIR Original Soundtrack in the mail today. I was glad to have the opportunity to get it, and as I listen to it right now, I can see why everyone likes it. It’s so diverse and well-composed, with each track bringing about a particular emotion and bringing back near-vivid images from the VN. I’m definitely going to be listening to this for a while. :slight_smile:

Natsukage best character theme. <3

6 Likes

How’s the booklet? Is it just plain, or did they add some pretty art into it?

There’s no special artwork to speak of in the booklet. However, it does contain the lyrics and sheet music for the three vocal themes of the game, as well as some composer notes for each of the songs in the soundtrack. Whether or not that’s something you like, it doesn’t matter. I can’t read katakana or sheet music, but I wanted the soundtrack for the music anyways.

1 Like

You forgot to mention that it’s your MVP prize, hahaha. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hello folks,

I’ve noticed a similar music pattern (or leitmotif) among these 2 songs, specially in the intro piano:

Tomoyo After - Love Song
Angel Beats - My Most Precious Treasure

Maybe it was made on purpose, I’ll try to figure out why…

I’ll keep searching for more of those musical crossovers.

— Reference videos: (possible spoilers because of some pictures…)

and…

If you know another “music crossover” or leitmotif, please share the information.
I’m pretty sure there are more…

Actually… the BGM love song from Tomoyo After is from this piece.

(Love Song - track 13 of KSLA-0019 : Love Song, a very very underappreciated album)

If you want to know about leitmotifs, actually there are a lot of songs in this album which serves as samples for Key’s VN BGMs, e.g.

(Hyakunen No Natsu - track 05)
with this

(Natsukage - Air Original Soundtrack - track 04)
which is so suspiciously similar with this

(Unused Track 3 - Little Busters! Original Soundtrack - Disc 3 Track 13)

this track became overused in the anime though

Also this one

(Hashiru - track 04)
with this

(Kakeru - Saya’s BGM from Little Busters! Ecstasy Tracks)

2 Likes

Wonderful, I’ve got a gut feeling about Little Busters and some other Key VN. Thanks a lot!
I’ll take a serious look to Love Song (the album) since it looks certainly underrated.
The songs from Jun Maeda et all are very catchy and well composed.

side note: another little thing that may have been was used on purpose (imho) was the bassline from The Matrix (the elevator scene). I know It’s a different song but the bassline is very similar, like a parody.
I’ve recognized it immediately and made me laugh the first time I’ve heard it, since it fits the moment so well. :slight_smile:

By the way guys, after some talking we’ve lifted the restriction on posting links to Key music on Youtube here. As long as it’s on Youtube, you can share it~ But at least take a moment to decide whether or not sharing a link here would be harmful or not.

…wwait, so it WAS illegal to post youtube link of Key music here?

Mhm. But we’ve lifted that rule, heh.

Stick to fair use rule if you want to be safe. :slight_smile:

On the topic, how I ever overlooking a song as good as Orpheus? Just (re)listening it recently after my random playlist playing it, and it’s awesome!

Anyone want to identify the singer of each line? :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh! … Along the lines, I didn’t knew/forgot about that. Glad to know that it they are allowed now, since I like to follow the rules in a place where I’m a guest.

I know what you mean: May it be that posting with a good purpose, and having that always in mind may benefit (at least not harm) Key’s creations in the long shot. For example, take the people who where working very hard in the unofficial translations… we are all talking about, and it is (in part) thanks to them Key now can expand overseas (wee!).
Yeah, it is a grey zone sometimes, that we should keep an eye on always.

I always hesitate a bit before posting YouTube links of any kind, anywhere, since it may (or may not) damage something that I like to have success, call it Key, a forum, or even myself. Even worst, I hate spoilers, I don’t share YT links to my friends (that I want to introduce to Key’s world) because of the “related videos” “feature” from YT.

Yeap, we’re all on the same side here. No doubt.

P.S.: The other way I can think of would be to talk about those songs without posting links, just naming the track and album.
Finally, something very important here is that we are not making money from this.
On this case in particular, it turned out that now I was to buy that “Love Song” album, heh.
It’s a grey topic that, besides legal stuff, we don’t really know if we are doing the “right” thing sometimes.

…wow, a long post.

@ArdWar “Stick to fair use rule if you want to be safe. :)” yeah, that’s my guide. Even then, I’m careful…

I tried man, I really did ;_; I can only identify Chata, Lia, LiSA, Mami Kawada, Rita and Tada Aoi orz

News at 11, Maeda samples the crap out of Love Song constantly.

It’d be easier to find a song in Love Song that he didn’t use for something else.

1 Like

Wawawa?! I’ve always been so disappointed that this was an unused track. I think the level that Im excited for whenever I watch the anime just went way up XP

Really, you can’t identify KOTOKO’s voice? I thought her voice is the most unique one.

My guess is:
First part (chronological order)

• Lia
  • Tada Aoi (?)
  • Kawada Mami (?)
  • Shimamiya Eiko (?)
  • Tada Aoi (again) (?)

Chorus

• together

Second part:

• KOTOKO
  • Utatsuki Kaori (?)
  • Chata (?)
  • Rita (?)
  • LiSA

After instrumental:

• Shimamiya Eiko (?)

-Lia
-KOTOKO
-together

But again I’m not very familiar with most of their voices.

That is definitely Tada Aoi in the spots where you have her. And, to confirm your guess, that is indeed the order that they are listed in the official track info.

See, the problem is, I have no idea what KOTOKO sounds like. I haven’t really listened to any of her songs…

Funny thing about Orpheus, BTW. I just learned yesterday that the lyrics were written by Takahiro Baba himself. Fun stuff.

KOTOKO has sung primarily for the I’ve division of VisualArt’s though she has sung some non-affiliated Key soundtracks such as ‘World Link’, ‘Teller of World’, ‘Shooting Star’. There’s a chance you may also recognize her as the singer of the now defunct Ai Sp@ce theme ‘U Make Ai Dream’.