Key Music Fan Covers

I know my most popular cover at the moment is Brave Song, which I’m sure others have done before me. But at the same time, I’ve seen obscure VN songs by others perform better than more mainstream anime songs from the same singer, so I think it depends more on who it is than what it is.

@zetaFairlight, saw you talking about the official KSL remix, and I thought I’d point you towards a similar yet SOOOOOO much better remix of Onaji Takami e:

1 Like

I just did an A cappella version of Koibumi, if anyone’s interested:

10 Likes

Wooow, that must’ve taken guts!

To be completely honest here, I had goosebumps. I dont know if that happened cuz rewrite feels or your voice but… wow that was awesome! pachi pachi pachi

1 Like

I am so happy that Kazamatsuri.org has created a space for people like you to feel encouraged to share their creative work, and inspire people to produce more creative work for that audience. It’s makes me so happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m happy that I found a place where people will encourage me to keep working hard, so I guess it’s a win-win.

(It’s the happiness spiral~)

5 Likes

https://kazamatsuri.s3.amazonaws.com/1526776c031ed7763e479f4ed59a0688a8a6c4c0123.gif

10 Likes

I just remembered to check this now. Thank you, discourse, for having bookmarks!

Pretty great job with this, yeah! You got the tone of the song pretty much right, and it was a joy to listen to~

Perhaps you should invest in a better mic? It did sound very echo-ey… Or was that on purpose? :o

I do plan to invest in a better Mic at some point, but I don’t have the money, so for right now it as pretty much a no go. And the echo was mostly there to cover up the background noise that I couldn’t get rid of- this is actually the result of an hour and a half of editing. But it is on my to do list to upgrade!

1 Like

Alright then, well, that aside, hope you can get a better mic soon, and I look forward to your next recordings :slight_smile:

1 Like

@raiyam I know this may make no sense… since we all now the story. Nevertheless, I love this arrangement.
The picture that comes to my mind when hearing this is one where all our beloved AB characters are in some kind of asylum of place for very old people, just remembering their fun moments, remembering their missions and everything else… with a big smile on their hearts.

I have a clear picture in my mind, so vivid that I could write a book.

The amazingly talented Rin Mogami has shared with us an amazing cover of Boys Don’t Cry for Kyousuke’s birthday! So good!

5 Likes

It feels like I’ve been doing a lot of self-promotion here lately, but… a couple days late, in honor of Kyousuke’s birthday (not that I needed an excuse), I did a cover of Boys Be Smile.

I’m planning to do more LitBus covers pretty soon, so I’ll post them as they happen!

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

The timing seemed a bit off with this one. Were you listening to the song as you sung? What I like to do when I’m recording is listen to the vocal version as I record so I can match my vocals as closely to the original as possible.

1 Like

I didn’t really notice it before, but… yeah, it is. Now it’s really bothering me, haha. Maybe if I get a chance to redo it I will.

That’s actually mot a bad idea, though. I usually have the instrumental playing when I record, but having the vocal in the background may help. I’ll try that next time.

1 Like

I think it’s mostly fine, there are only moments when you’re out of sync and let’s be honest, it’s cause it’s harder to feel the beat when ambient instruments dominate the instrumentation~ Still a great cover~

1 Like

So guys, Thanks to my bro @Pepe I went on a j-core searching spree and yesterday night I found a guy that made really good remixes of Key’s work.
They are mostly Gaijincore and J-core, but they are still really good! Personally I enjoyed both of the songs below.

SPOILERS INSIDE THE SONGS! Please be aware of the fact that the songs include dialogs that contains spoilers so you might not want to listen to it if you havent watched/read LB or Rewrite.
Especially LB Refrain and Rewrite common route.

The first song is “Yoshino’s Boner” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). This song is more joke-ish but It’s still pretty epic yet funny at the same time. I think this yoshino song is one of the best.

The second song is a remix of Little Busters called “Little Busters Forever”. This song is a remix of Haruka Kanata. Its actually really good and I have enjoyed it to the bits.
Why cant I handle all those feels?!

Let’s hope there are more like these!

5 Likes

this guy is pretty amazing.
Love his works!

2 Likes

I just found this. It sounds pretty good.

3 Likes