Key Music Fan Covers

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I have been looking for some TAM covers. I searched around on his website and some pages that he listed where I can buy his works, but all I found was Kancolle and Final Fantasy stuff haha… I’m guessing some of this stuff might be too old?

So here are the Youtube Links of the covers that I am looking for (I apologize if it is quite a bit):

(and his other Kanon works)

(including one with vocal would be nice)

(and his other Clannad works)

Sorry for the super long post, but I honestly couldn’t find it on his website, or the links he directed me to in the purchase area.

1 Like

I said before that I was going to do a Filipino fandub of Toki o Kizamu Uta… but it was difficult to pull off. I wanted to do something like that for a Rewrite song, too, but it’s either I can’t muster the level of energy that Runa Mizutani can pull off, there are no available instrumental versions, and/or the translations I came up with were pretty bad as of yet. I might be able to do these later though.

I ended up doing Towa no Hoshi e instead. So… here’s a poorly-recorded fandub I tried performing. I really need a mic. :yahaha:

6 Likes

Such a powapowa cover :happy: the singing is pretty good and you got the tones down pat! Could benefit from a better mic, but that’s easy to fix.

Also could I ask for the lyrics? Even though it’s in a language I understand, I am sorta deaf so I have a hard time understanding it :uee:

1 Like

I’m not sure if you have found anything yet, but the album “Key Classic” on ITunes is arranged by TAM and I think these songs are from that album. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/key-classic/id852237934

1 Like

Thanks! I believe some from TAMs are in that album, but the search continues for the rest :smiley:

The lyrics is in the tracks description :happy:

Whoops my bad for only checking out the embed and not the actual link :yahaha:

No problem! I think the fault is mostly on my pronunciation. I’m more used to singing in a choir, which places more emphasis in pronouncing the vowels. And I just realized that I mispronounced a word in the recording. I guess I know what to do next if I get a chance to re-record this. :yahaha:

In any case, thank you and I’m glad you like it :happy:

Almost forgot to link my submission to the Hype Van. The ending for my two favorite non-Refrain routes. :umu:

8 Likes

Really cool to see some people in here post some of their own Key covers. I would love to do so eventually when I actually have more musical talent than I currently do and the ability to properly record audio and such. Anyway, I am surprised no one (from what I saw) has posted any Landry stuff since he has done some excellent renditions of Clannad songs like this:

2 Likes

Just posting my Hype Van submission so people can see it. :slight_smile:

Since I can’t clarify on Twitter, this is a new version of the Day Game vocal cover I made a while ago, complete with new lyrics, background voices and a surprise twist near the end. Hope you guys enjoy! :wink:

1 Like

Made a ring ring ring remix took quite awhile.

#LittleBusters #リトルバスターズ RING!RING!RING! remix https://t.co/GoVVTwZfbE for Hype Van.
Also #HBDkey to Kyousuke one my my favorite characters!

— mowdan (@mowdan123) May 4, 2017
2 Likes

OK, I’m SUPER late in announcing this, but my orchestra is performing a concert this Sunday! One of the songs we will play is the first-ever live performance of my arrangement of Natsukage from Air (which might be the first cover performance of a Key song ever in the US? I’m not sure). If you’re in the NJ/NYC area you should check it out, but if not, we will stream the concert on our Twitch page and will upload recordings to Youtube eventually. If you want to perform it yourself, I’ll upload the sheet music to MuseScore Network… sometime.

2 Likes

yep

7 Likes

And now the sequel nobody asked for.
Kaza sings David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance.”

My favorite part is 20 seconds in when @Pepe says “Thank you Hardscope, you also have good taste in music!”

“What are you guys drinking now?”
-Pepe

“Alcohol.”
-VyseGolbez

It actually sounded that distorted to everyone, heheh.

3 Likes

How do you still have songs from this thing and have not managed to post all of them :yahaha:

3 Likes

I still have almost an hour of raw footage I haven’t touched :yahaha:

2 Likes

I finally uploaded my Natsukage arrangement to MuseScore Network! Hopefully you can see this one, because it’s showing up as private on my account :confused:
https://musescore.com/user/25295096/scores/4582896/s/b5f050

Here’s the recording of it being played by the orchestra (starts at about 9:20). I think it sounds alright :ahaha: And now everyone on here knows my real name :V

(Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures voice) ONE MORE THING… I’m also working on an arrangement for Song For Friends from Little Busters, so hopefully we’ll be able to perform that at the next concert, which is December 9 :happy:

7 Likes

OK, guys, we got an ensemble playing KEY stuff on a regular basis. God damn it, what would my arranges be compared to yours.

The only suggestion I have for this piece is that you should give the strings more melodic protagonism. They are way better at expressing and conveying the song’s message than the piano or the glockenspiel. Use the piano to create big accompaniment chords instead of wasting a hand on the melody.

Nevertheless, awesome cover. I’ll definitely learn the piano from this one and try to convince a cellist I know to play a dueto.

If you can get a separate video for that one performance, and you have the rights (unsure about this part), it would be awesome if you submitted it to The K.E.Y.! I’m planning on including heaps of Kaza’s fan-music as QR code links, but if we get enough music I’m even thinking of making a CD to sell with the book.

1 Like