Key MADs & AMVs

So a few days ago @HeliosAlpha posted a few Clannad AMVs on discord, and I really liked both. Both also have heavy Clannad spoilers, so only view 'em if you have already either read the VN or watched the anime.

First, there’s Terrible Things.
(Both spoilers for Clannad and the AMV linked above, so if you wanna watch it first, do that) I really like the small details in this one, there’s the scene changes with each measure, especially in the parts without singing, and then also when the singing gets more fierce in the end, the fading cuts that were used throughout the video are replaced with more abrupt cuts. Espeacially in the second verse scenes are also chosen matching the lyrics, which is always something I like, and the song itself also matches Tomoya’s and Nagisa’s relationship, as there are just a lot of bad things happening to the two, yet their love to each other persists.

And second, Lucy.
(Again, AMV and Clannad spoilers) I have actually less to say about this one. Cuts and other video editing is more active in this one, matching the more active song. For me, this song felt more distant from Nagisa’s death that both AMVs are basically covering even though the lyrics say “Now that it’s over” suggesting the end only happening very recently. I think that’s because the singer feels like he already accepted the loss, whereas in the other song it has more an air of not knowing how to deal with it. It’s hard to put into words.

So yeah, both great AMVs. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

This one is my favorite rewrite MAD, every part of the video fits perfectly well, the song, the special effects, the images shown, even the words that were put in the MAD are pretty accurated to rewrite’s meaning so enjoy this as much as i enjoyed it :shiona:

the thumbnails may contain spoilers so…

also i found this that pretty much looks great

1 Like

I was looking up some AMVs, which contained the song “Not in Love” by Crystal Castles ft Robert Smith of The Cure and I found this. Heavy Clannad spoilers by the way so if you haven’t seen the anime or read the VN, do so and then watch this video.

Vacant Heart

My favourites AMVs, specially the first of Little Busters: Spoiler in all.

Little Busters:

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oEFekUfrZ4&list=FLbouYQmoPyQPG_ws-Hl334g&index=123

Rewrite:

1 Like

My favorite Rewrite MAD, and one of my favorite MADs of all time:

Rewrite spoilers at points in the video:

While on break last night, I found an AMV of the Little Busters EX anime that uses the Backstreet Boys song “I Want it That Way”. Saya route spoilers by the way.

It’s like this person only knew how to do fade transitions.

Great MAD. KEY works.

4 Likes

Wow that’s really good wtf! Pretty high quality and while I’m not fond of Tamura Yukari’s singing voice all that much, I gotta admire the editing he put in this one. It even has planetarian scenes!

1 Like

̶G̶u̶i̶l̶e̶’̶s̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶m̶e̶ ̶G̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶
Little Busters Theme Goes with Everything

(each video can have spoilers of each game, so if you have not played, i recommend not to see. common sense guys!)

KANON

CLANNAD

REWRITE

ALL KEY GAMES… LOL

UMINEKO

HIGURASHI (ANIME SCENES)

DAGANRONPA

HELLSING (PARODY, LOL)

A small extra…

STEINS;GATE IN REWRITE OPENING

2 Likes

Now that i think i should have posted it before kurugaya podcast but eh… I’m lazy.

1 Like

This is not technically a MAD, it just has Key music and real life scenery but I’ll put it here anyways.
I’m too lazy to make a real Planetarian MAD :sorry:

1 Like

I’m not sure how well this fits in the thread, but an anime I’ve been watching gave me the perfect opportunity to shoehorn in Tori no Uta somewhere

(I accidentally trimmed out the meme-ier part of the show but I’m fine with this as it is)
Edit: Uploaded it on YT with the weirder part of the original edit. XD

2 Likes

I laughed in tears :baba:

1 Like

I watch a lot of AMVs in general, and because I am a big fan here I also tend to look specifically for AMVs that use Key animes. Out of this whole thread tho, I only recognized three well-known edits.

The End Of My World by xDieguitoAMV, using Clannad (he’s a wonderful editor by the way), and KEY.s.LIFE, a multi-editor project by a group of Japanese editors on nicovideo. That AMV is fun to watch no matter how many times one would replay it, haha. And the えくすて, a much older MAD from 2008 using the Little Busters VN.

Whether that’s a sad thing or not, I’m not sure… but I’ve checked a lot of other edits in this thread and a lot of them was… errr… irky to watch to the end. Others were parodies, too much of them, lol. They are fun to watch I guess. There were a few good MADs here and there but they were from suspicious channels with suspicious titles. :sweat_smile: Ah, oh yeah, that Angel Beats MAD titled 砂時計、最後の一粒 that a previous poster posted was also a really good one. That MAD was edited by the well-known ぐんま, and he was using 1st BEAT of the VN. I would recommend watching it.

So back on topic, Clannad’s anime adaption is known to be the most popular, so of course there would be an absurd amount of uploaded AMVs using it on youtube every year. It would be difficult to find the AMVs you would invest your emotions to. So first, I want to share specific playlists of a channel consisting of a team that I’m a part of, that creates playlists to distinguish the wonderful AMVs worth investing and also technically well done at the same time from the average batch. Luckily, there were playlists created for many of the Key animes:

Clannad has 32 AMVs, and not surprising it being the biggest out of the other playlists here.
Little Busters playlist has 23 AMVs
Air TV has 5 AMVs.
Kanon 2006 has 12 AMVs (I haven’t not once seen a good AMV of Kanon 2002)
Charlotte has 5 AMVs

It’s really, really, difficult to choose like the best one to represent the playlists, so I can only ask that everyone check the whole playlist and all the AMVs contained in it.

As for a few extras, I’ll post these this they are not involved with the playlists:

This AMV used the visual novel, Harmonia. It’s slow, but I think it’s enjoyable. :slight_smile:

This is a really beautiful MAD based on Tomoyo After

A fun MAD based on Kud Wafter

This Rewrite MAD is my all-time favorite for the Rewrite VN.

This Rewrite MAD is my next favorite, from how much the telling of the story and animation of CG is done with the visual novel sprites alone

Same with this one, same creator

This a slower more mood-important Rewrite MAD edited by a member of Mirai Mad Team

There doesn’t seem to be a playlist for the Rewrite anime yet. Hopefully in the future, that will change.

I hope this post was helpful!

3 Likes

Oh shoot, I didn’t even know a Harmonia MAD existed. It makes me wonder if there are any planetarian ones as well… Also that second rewrite one you mentioned actually has an English translated version posted on the Kazamatsuri youtube channel here. Sometimes I look back at it and damn its such a good MAD…

CJ…there are planetarian ones IN THIS TOPIC

Edit: Worth noting that most of those mentioned come from the same Nico account https://www.nicovideo.jp/user/501610/video

To be fair there are very few and it’s been a long time since I’ve watched the stuff in this topic. I only remember some of the very distinct Rewrite and LB ones cuz they include some very emotional yelling. Also I think new MADs for planetarian should be a thing since the anime provides enough resources for that kind of thing, but I definitely can’t do that.

Heh, still not as good as ‘Axis Mundi -monophony-’ tho :smug:
But wow, i didn’t know Kazamatsuri did a translation for a MAD. I just watched it, and it was great.

That Planetarian MAD that you guys are talking about… I noticed it too as I was scrolling down.:

It is pretty old as expected, but it was pretty good. Nothing too special though. I have yet to come across an AMV that uses the anime. Someday, I’ll personally edit one myself and share it here in the future if the time ever comes. xD

ぐんま is too much of a lovely editor, that he will always show up here and there, haha. 4 out of the 7 edits are his, not surprising enough to notice it myself.