Key MADs & AMVs

This topic reminded me of one of my absolute favorite LB! MAD. Not sure if anyone already know this one but I’m still gonna share it anyways!

I’m a bit surprised it’s not included on the LB playlist posted earlier. I just want to say I love how they edit it and the timing is perfect with the music! I mean, everything in this MAD is just perfect! Even up to this day, it’s still my all time favorite.

The other personal favorite mine is that one Kanata MAD by ぐんま. That’s already included on the playlist posted earlier, but I just want to point that out haha. As a fan of Kanata, that MAD makes me very happy~

Maybe, I’ll include an honorable mention, this one is great too (Sad it’s also not included on that playlist):

2 Likes

I am actually aware of these two MADs that you linked, because one of the members of TopAMVsPlaylists has recommended it in chat. I’m pretty sure some of the members said the ‘fortuna on the Sixteenth night-’ MAD was too unstable on the technical side, even tho it was well worked on/edited and very well conveyed with emotions. Sad to be honest… it’s not my all-time favorite LB edit, but I love that one too.
After rewatching the second MAD, I remember the problems. It simply didn’t reach the minimum technical standards. It ls emotional, that I can say, but I also agreed with them on that point. There were scenes with subtitles even which is already a big no-no.:shock: The voice-over had other BGM playing in the background is also a big no-no. It was also too simple and doesn’t stand out from the other LB AMVs, because there are already a number of LB edits on this level (if not better) that are also not in the playlist because of similar reasons. Watch enough, and you will start to see that pattern. Everyone likes emotional AMVs, but most are simple editing so they tend to contain the best scenes over again. Of course, it can be even better if edited well, but most are just cut-and-fade with no thoughts to the song’s flow. Just pure emotion isn’t enough. :uee:

1 Like

Actually, you’re right about the 2nd MAD after rewatching it again. On a technical point, they just cut and put some bunch of emotional scenes without much of a transition or thought, well the way I see it. It’s simple. So I do agree with you. Though I think the choice of music what gets me I suppose.

I can’t say for sure what you mean by ‘unstable’ on the 1st MAD, but well, to each of their own.

What I meant by unstable is how on one side: there are a lot of good transitions, other side it was just dragged out. Other parts were so well done, while in comparison other parts pale in rush work. Some scenes with effects were perfect for that little portion of the song, others seem the effect was used just for the sake of using the effect. It’s slightly difficult to explain unless all the specific bits were to be pointed out, so hopefully you get a better idea from that point. :uee:
I can see it was edited by a whole-hearted fan because it follows the sequences of the story and portrays all the arcs of the girl’s of LB very well.
So yeah, I agree on their part but despite that I didn’t mind such standards. I can only say the same too… to each their own :uee:
It’s probably easier to see things from the perspective of someone that hasn’t seen the anime, or is not a fan of the franchise. Whether the AMV convinces you to watch the anime and move you to favorite/share it to your friends after you watch it, it wins a category in a convention contest, or it is praised by fellow editors rather than casual viewers, it’s best to let these determine the AMV’s worth for each person.

1 Like

New AMV by Pluvia using the visual novel of Summer Pockets <3
Obviously it has spoilers, so be warned.