Key MADs & AMVs

Thank me later

1 Like

Just imagine a metronome of Tomori wagging her finger continuously on a piano while Kanade is playing My soul, your Beats! and Masato flexing his muscles in the background.

Bliss

2 Likes

Minor spoilers for Rewrite in video

Pardon my shameless advertising XD.

A lyrics video I made for the song 「ささやかなはじまり」 ( Sasayaka na Hajimari). It’s like a MAD/AMV but I prefer to call it a lyrics video because what I have in mind is to have the music and animation to fit the meaning and story of the lyrics. I made another one of this video for White Album too… just saying.

This song has brought me up numerous time whenever I am feeling low in life.

And dat 36mins of Lia’s chanting… :rinfuka: :tired_face:

2 Likes

Mmm glad to see some more love for Sasayaka na Hajimari~ Just a few comments, though

• Personal opinion, but I’m not too fond of the whole “video snippets appearing on corners of the background”. Maybe that’s just me and I prefer things to be more symmetrical and on the center :stuck_out_tongue:

• I don’t quite agree with the translation of たとえちっぽけでも構わない; you say it as “even if we are small and insignificant, it does not matter”. However, continuing from 永遠なんて望みはしない, it seems the topic of those two lines is 望み. So I think the “small and insignificant” here does not refer to “we”, but rather, to the “wish”. Thus I think a more appropriate translation would be “I wouldn’t mind even just a small wish/dream”.

1 Like

For the first point, I will take note of it and will put it in consideration for my next production!

Second point, not that I doubt your Japanese ability, after double checking with other English and another Chinese translation sources, yep I totally agree with you. To be honest, I translated it with reference with a Chinese translation source and my own basic Japanese ability so I apologize for the poor translation.

Sincere thanks for your valuable opinions! I’m currently rendering a new version of the video with the correct translation, which I changed to “Even if not wishing for an eternity, even if it is a small wish, it does not matter.” I hope this sounds logical enough =x.

Thanks again!

1 Like

It’s no problem yo :slight_smile: I only checked this part of the song because the lyrics in that part connect to me on a very personal level lol. But hey, I hope this helps as a learning experience as well, since we can all help each other with Japanese and whatnot when we can~

As for the change, probably the only suggestion is from “it does not matter” to “I don’t mind”. That sounds better in terms of nuance, I think :kurumu:

1 Like

:smile: I can understand how personal this song can gets… and yes, it’s a good learning experience!

I’m too lazy now to edit and render again another video, so forgive me for not changing awhile XD.

I guess this is the first MAD/AMV (or lyrics video as you call it) of sasayaka na hajimari I’ve seen and it is so beautifully done ^^
The first time I heard this song it was a recording of the live version from VA’s 20th concert, while I took the subway :sweat_smile:
It was a usual morning in the metro, and when that song started playing, I was carried away into…let’s say, a world of imagination, it just gave me so many ideas of making a video with it XD And somehow that day in the crowded car, Mizutani’s voice was the only thing I could hear despite all the noises around and not knowing a word of the lyrics :joy:
Eventually I never made that video, but the song remained special to me :relaxed:

In fact, later that year things went very bad for me as I faced serious troubles I could never have imagined, and after it was all over I was no longer in the mood of making a lighthearted video, instead, I went on and put all the feelings into a somewhat gloomy and melancholic production, in the hope of finding courage once again >.<
Please forgive me for my shameless self-publicity XD…but I hope it might resonate with some of you :slight_smile:

Little Busters! and Angel Beats! spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2poi0zuA580

music is 永遠 (“eien”, eternity) performed by Shimotsuki Haruka. Some sharp-eyed Key fans might recongnise it as a piece written by Maeda :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliment! (‐^▽^‐)

And your video is awesome! It is indeed to the gloomy side but as long as it resonates to viewers, it is well done. I can understand the message and emotions the video is conveying.

The overall pace, timing, effects, synchronization, and animation are superb. This applies even more to the other video you made for Orpheus (yep, I went to watch your other videos). I have not been making this type of video for long so reaching the kind of standard all the good MAD/AMV out there have will be my aim. But I hope to differentiate myself too by having my own style of production.

From your videos, I can assume you are quite a veteran producer for this type of video! What software do you usually use for your production? On a side note, are you a Chinese living in France?

1 Like

You’re welcome! (=・ω・=)

Thank you and it’s really nice that you paid attention to all the details in the video! I’m also very glad that you can receive the message behind it ^^ Orpheus is indeed one of my most time consuming works, sometimes I still get surprised by how much effort I was able to put into making it.That being said, I’m confident that you can reach the standard you are aiming for and produce great videos in your own original ways! I’m also trying to improve and learn new things after all.

The editing software I’ve been using is Sony Vegas, but I also get help from a friend who does the photoshopping for me whenever it is needed. Actually, I’m interested to know what software you’re using as well, I really like the effects in your video ^^ For the last point, yes I’m a Chinese and I’ve been living in Paris for years now, did you find it out from my videos? O(∩_∩)O

1 Like

(^▽^) Thank you for the encouragement!

I know Chinese so yep, I can understand~ I mostly uses Photoshop for image stuffs, After Effects and Premiere Pro for the effects and video stuffs. I could see from the Orpheus video too that it really requires large amount of effort in the production.It makes me want to make one for it, but I have to understand deeper the meaning of the piece lyrics.

And yes, your videos contain French and Chinese so I was curious =X,

1 Like

I don’t know where is the place to put this (since it’s more of a crack video than an AMV), but:

Warning: Clannad After story spoilers, and the part beyond Clannad AS is NSFW-ish. Also, conflict of emotions. I didn’t even know how to react when the music entered. ;u;

edit: Forgot to mention that the “punchline” translates to (between spoiler tags because it’s a punch line) “Gosh, [she] fell!”

Minor CLANNAD & After Story anime spoilers.

I’m not sure if this counts but…

here’s every Key VN opening played simultaneously:

why I did it?

no idea.

8 Likes

I could just imagine each band playing the OPs all together on a stage and having a mosh pit of whoever can play over each other.

1 Like

REWRITE OF THE [incomprehensible cacophony]

2 Likes

I love how Heartily Song and Philosophyz some how rise above all of them and manage to be audible

1 Like

I heard One’s Future a bit at the beginning and then from then on it was all Rewrite and Heartily Song. Didn’t really hear the Philosophyz though…

1 Like

11/10 very postmodern :+1:

I began hearing it by its refrain though. But is nobody mentioning LB EX op being so easy to hear by the end?? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I listenned to this with my Headphones and the volume turn up to Max…R.I.P my ears.:joy:

4 Likes