Key Games Translation Status Updates

Per Ixrec:

Just to keep you guys updated, there’s likely to be a short stall. I’ll let you know when he next gives us an update.

6 Likes

Even washing machines cannot stop OPPAI!

1 Like

So, does anyone know any news about it? They updated a while ago, it’s 98,5% now. But after that, no updates. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Ahahahahahahahaha…

1 Like

Just keep on holdin’ on boy. We all are.

I basically told myself that I would either watch the anime first or read the VN for EX routes first, depending on whether Doki or Refrain subs finishes first. Doki is at 98.5% and Refrain Subs has one more episode to go… I’m just playing the waiting game now :stuck_out_tongue:

Well EX episode 8 has been translated by other fansub groups already, unless your specifically waiting for Refrain Subs?

I’m specifically waiting for Refrain subs because that other sub group’s work is kind of… lousy

that’s what happens if you use a spanish sub, that was translated from a chinese one.

1 Like

That’s a triple “traduttore traditore” there

Also, AFAIK, Spanish subs most often translate from English ones, and only once every 2 or 3 years use direct JP -> ES translations. Parting from Chinese is unusual O:

1 Like

and Akane route in HF is finished translating https://twitter.com/Ixrec/status/566950650622517249

3 Likes

Based Ixrec!

Yep! I was going to pop in here and post when I saw the email for the commit he made last night.

Not 100% sure what route’s coming next, will give a shout when I get more info.

50% in 5 months. Ideally, we should see the release by July this year! (of course I won’t count on it, but I’m just being hopeful)

That gives us maybe enough time for a bookclub right before CLANNAD’s release~

In the meantime, Doki’s progress is still zzz

I’m not really keen on doing a Harvest festa! bookclub.
EDIT: I guess I should elaborate on this a little. The game is still new. At the moment, Bookclubs exist to get people to read older Key stories they might not have made the time for, or at least would like to revisit after years have passed. It slots in well with Sekai Project’s localisations of the old games. But Harvest festa! is currently the newest Key game there is. We’ll all be reading it even if a bookclub doesn’t happen, so a bookclub would make more sense a few years down the track. But also, there’s no way Harvest festa! is getting a bookclub before Rewrite. They’d need to be done in sequence if we did do both. But honestly, I’m sceptical if Harvest festa! even needs a bookclub - from what I understand it’s more of a fanservice-y game (fandisc anyone?), rather than something to be analysed in depth.

1 Like

Yeah I kind of thought about that while typing but didn’t pay much attention to it :stuck_out_tongue: But that explains your concept at least. It does make better sense to talk about a series not right after it gets released because, well, we will all be too excited to read it and finish it as soon as possible (at least, I would), thus not leaving us in the same pacing to discuss it for a bookclub setting. Although that seems to be ever-so-slightly happening with the AIR bookclub, but I have my patience~

I’ve read the settings of each of the routes of Rewrite Harvest Festa, and I think most, if not all, deserve to be discussed. Some routes have a lot of character development in store for the girls, maybe even more than their original routes in Rewrite. Kotori and Chihaya routes come to mind, specifically.

I’d say Kotori’s and maybe Lucia’s would have enough material to cover. The rest would just devolve into “I liked that joke. This joke was good too.”

Do I even need to comment how stupid her route even is.

-Me for most of Rewrite.

1 Like

I didn’t have any feels on her route, and she was pretty whiny, but I wouldn’t call it stupid either. The initial mystery was entertaining at least. Even though it turned into supernatural stuff, that felt cheesy, it still fit well overall. The ending of her route probably had the most “astonished” impact of any other route because she ended up killing everybody in town, just about. I let that sink in – everybody except for a handful of people had died. That couldn’t have really been done on any other route.

I’m not saying she’s the best or anything like that though. Her route is probably my (second, potentially) least favorite of Rewrite actually.

Derp, after all this I thought I was commenting on her HF route. And finally read what has been quoted.