Key Games Translation Status Updates

Where can we download the patch when its finish? Sorry my bad english im from Argentina and eat Burritos, Tacos and that Stuff xD

5 Likes

Ixrec confirms that he is involved with the release of Rewrite+ in the west: https://twitter.com/Ixrec/status/734184869530570753

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess this means we will have to wait for the official western release to play Harvest Fiesta.

1 Like

Ixrec confirmed via Twitter that the Amaterasu Project for Harvest Festa is dead.

Not that it really needed clarification; but I guess the HF Project has finally met itā€™s end. Oh well; I had fun at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Now that they seem to be going to release their titles on the west, KEY fanmade translation groups might come to an end, at least English ones. Iā€™m not sure if this is good or bad. Translation groups surely were a great place for people to practice their japanese and the translations made donā€™t have anything to envy from official ones.

The fan translators are the ones working on many of these official releases. If anything, this is great for them.

7 Likes

Oh, is that so? Well, as you said, great, this would mean a ā€œkinda stable jobā€ for them. Still, Iā€™d say many small communities will die off of this and only the big organisations will subsist, or maybe the smaller one will be absorbed by the most important ones.

Hope translation of HF. I wait it for long time

Harvest Festa has been abandoned as a fan-translation. Rewrite+ is getting an official translation (which includes Harvest Festa), and the translation will be released at that time.

2 Likes

Fan translations for Key games might be out of consideration these days, but thereā€™s still plenty of opportunities for fan translators to exercise their talents. Just look at all the untranslated bonus material that comes with every Key series. Drama CDs, novels, manga, and so on and so on.

Any news about rewrite for ps4 or steam?

Probably not going to be released until several months after LB English.

I know it sucks, my interest in Rewrite is still sky-high at the moment. I wish Amaterasu could have released their fan-translation of Harvest Festa before it got taken over.

1 Like

Really looking forward to the Rewrite+ since I have just finished Rewrite. I know, a little late to the party. But I absolutely love this visual novel, hope thereā€™s an English translation for it soon!

1 Like

My optimistic estimate is early 2019 for Rewrite+ English. I hope Iā€™m wrong and it gets translated sooner though. Right now, Iā€™d be satisfied with English Harvest Festa alone.

Can you post again when itā€™s completed?

What about translation of Kud Wafter?

Thatā€™s literally just when LB English Edition drops on steam on Nov 1st. The fan translation of EX was stopped because they made a deal with VA to work on the official localization instead.

@Shimako I havenā€™t kept track of Kud Wafterā€™s fan translation but since it hasnā€™t updated since 2015 I assume it hasnā€™t progressed since then. Thereā€™s no news of localization whatsoever so I think the translator is on hiatusā€¦ Or something.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-13/sekai-project-lays-off-marketing-staff/.135448

Seems like somethingā€™s off with them lately, if it has come to this. Should we be worried about this development?

2 Likes

But 35% of the way through Rewrite+ which is still in progress on Sekaiā€™s official statement.

https://sekaiproject.com/2018/08/13/official-statement/

While itā€™s bad news for those laid off, maybe this will secure SPs future.

This is really sad ;_;