Key Birthdays!

Haruko is my Queen of Kansai Dialect, fang MILF and a great companion to those drinking nights =u=

And I shall say Happy Birthday today (November 6th) in the only way I know how to for Masato, our lovable idiot roommate as Riki in Little Busters.

Kinniku Kinniku yay yaay~

2 Likes

I am not sure, if anyone has already posted this, but since I dont want to scroll through 100+ posts, I am just gonna post this.

November 3 was also the birthday of Yuuki Himuro from Kud Wafter. I myself totally missed it, because I was really busy on that day.

Also I found this neat list of all the Key character birthdays. It’s japanese, but that shouldnt be a problem: Key Character birthdays

just in case we are still missing some of them.

2 Likes

Alright. It’s time for another round of dub voice actor birthdays (much to chagrin of almost everybody here. :stuck_out_tongue:) Both these birthdays are in the same day that is November 16th. So with that said…

First we have the birthday of Caitlin Glass. She voiced various characters for the dubs of anime. Some of her most famous roles include Winry Rockbell from both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran Highschool Host Club, Bel-Peol from Shakugan no Shana (Season 2-3), Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble etc. For Key, she provided the English voice for Kaori Misaka from Kanon (2006 adaptation).

Next we have the birthday of Andrew Love. He provided the English voice for Akio Furukawa from Clannad and Clannad Afterstory ([opinions] I think he did a pretty good job voicing Akio [/opinions]) and Fujimaki from Angel Beats. Outside of Key, he provided voice overs for Jerso from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Roger from Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, Tadashi Karino from S. A: Special A etc.

I’ve updated my calendar with all those dates! :slight_smile:

And now my time for the REAL voice actors/actresses of Key. (offense meant because I still will never like dubs).

On November 10th we had Akemi Kanda, the voice of Ryou Fujibayashi and Rei… uh… too lazy to look up her last name. The Sasami minion. Outside of that her better known role was being Nanako Dojima in P4, though I know her and her MASHIROOOOOOOO KICK! from Bleach.

November 12th had one for Aya Hisakawa, who voiced Haruko Kamio and is the reason I cried in Air. Outside of Key, she is most famous for her role as Sailor Mercury, Cerberus in Cardcaptor Sakura, and Skuld in Oh my Goddess.

Then on the 13th came the birthday of Saya Shinomiya and her 'geh’s of Chihaya Ohtori in Rewrite. I’ve never touched anything else she’s in, it was weird.

Then on the 14th had the birthday of Satomi Korogi, who gave us the lovable performance when she did little Ushio Okazaki. However after hearing her do Fro in Fairy Tail… I don’t think I could listen to her ever again. Huh. She’s also been different Pokemon in both the Japanese and English versions.

As much as I wish this part could be “finally” I have to say the next one is on the 17th, the voice of one of my favorite voice actors by voice… Ryotaro Okiayu. For us he voiced Akio Furukawa. For elsewhere he was Byakuya Kuchiki of Bleach, Dark Mousy of DNAngel, Toriko of his self-named series, and more.

Now the finally… today, the 18th. Chinami Nishimura celebrates hers today. For Key she handed us the voice of Kanna, the angel of the Summer arc. Outside of that role, I think her most famous role was the earlier Japanese Officer Jenny of Pokemon.

4 Likes

Ah. Time to update this. November 19th came with two birthdays, though one I’ve been iffy on actually including, but shall this time.

First was Hiroshi Naka, who voiced Naoyuki Okazaki for Clannad. He typically voices elders, like how he voiced Garp in One Piece and one of the three old men in Cowboy Bebop.

Second is the one I’m iffy on (obviously) and is Ryukishi07, one of the writers of 07th Expansion. What he did for Key was… well. Check Rewrite in Key Scenario Writers discussion

Finally, another not-voice or character and is only involved in one piece of a Key work. On the 21st was the birthday of Chata. If you don’t recognize the name, you’ll remember dango, dango, dango… I hate how I can’t sing with text. If you don’t get the hint, she sang the Dango Daikozoku song that was Clannad’s ED.

Well there’s only one thing I can say to that pal.

Nyaa! Ain’t I unorthodox? >:3

With that out of the way it’s once again time to annoy almost everyone (especially @Wicklebee) with another round of dub voice actor birthdays.

With December 3rd we have the birthday of Hilary Haag. For Key, Hilary Haag provided the voice for Fuko Ibuki in the Clannad dub and Yui in the Angel Beats dub. Outside of Key she voiced Rosette Christopher in the Chrono Crusade dub, Chihiro in the Azumanga Daioh dub, Teletha Tessa Testarossa; Ai Tanabe and Madoka Tsuge in the dub of the Full Metal Panic series, Riku Harada in the DN Angel dub and Seth Nightroad in the Trinity Seven dub. There are many more but these are some examples. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And because I’m not going be around when this birthday occurs, I may as well post it. On December 7th we have the birthday of Greg Ayres (CALM DOWN PEOPLE AND DON’T LEAVE THE THREAD ). Greg Ayres is a very polarizing voice actor but aside from that he was in the dub of almost every Key anime with the exception of Air (and Kanon 2002). For Key, he voiced Jun Kitagawa in the Kanon 06 dub, Sunohara in the Clannad dub( [opinions] his best role in my opinion and the voice actor that comes to mind when Sunohara is mentioned [/opinions] ), Naoi in the Angel Beats dub and Masato Inohara in the Little Busters dub (and he’s going to be reprising his role in Refrain). Outside of Key, he voiced Shinji Kazama for Full Metal Panic, Negi for Negima , Chrono for Chrono Crusade, Yukio “Koyuki” Tanaka for BECK, Pope Alessandro XVIII for Trinity Blood, Hiro Hirino for the Ef series, Keisaku Sato for Shakugan no Shana (season 2 onwards), Kouta Tsuchiya for Baka and Test, Karou Hitachiin for Ouran Highschool Host Club, Lutz from Jormungand and many more.

Last but not least, Happy Birthday to (à la Rin) Sasasegawa Sasami?! A character who I didn’t like at first but warmed up to her at the end. Also her last name is hard to say without mispronouncing it. :laughing:

I will say this now. Please refrain from getting ahead in birthday tracking. I purposely post past birthdays as to make sure it’s “belated.” One does not wish an early birthday without getting a weird eye, so I ask even if you’d be behind, to not celebrate a birthday ahead of time (that even means posting it here).

As for my missing numbers…

Only one left from November, which was one the 26th, Emiri Kato, the voice actress of Sekine of Angel Beats. Outside of her small role of Key and small roles of other things, she was Blair in Soul Eater, Kagami in Lucky Star, and Akatsuki in Log Horizon. For a few roles.

Obviously VJ covered Zaza- oh curses. And Hilary, the biggest offense to Clannad and the reason I will never watch a Key dub again, right there. A few other places I’ll be fine to hear that voice, but never on her fake Fuko. Both were on the 3rd of December.

On the fifth of December came our wise advice giver in Yoshino Yusuke.

On the sixth came the birthday of Miwa Yasuda, who voiced Yuuichi of Kanon as a child. Outside of that… uh. Kind of nothing. Also the birthday of Mishio Amano, a character of Kanon. Now if only I wasn’t terrible and didn’t have to question if she was the girl in Makoto’s route without looking her up (or checking Shiori’s last name).

Finally was the Greg Ayres, who didn’t belong on LB as Masato, but he is jokingly the Kana Hanazawa of English dub, as some have made the joke.

See you in… some amount of hours as there isn’t any on the 11th, but a birthday on the 12th.

Oops, missed the 12th birthday on exact time, but close enough. December 12th, here’s someone a lot more of us may like. Houko Kuwashima, who avoided the H of her after story and only voiced the dependable parts of Tomoyo Sakagami in Clannad. Outside of Key one of her largest roles (as in people would know it) would be Sango of Inuyasha. She has some voices in random places, but I want to point out Kasumi in Dead or Alive (since #3). Since she’s pretty major.

1 Like

Do you mean to say Tomoyo has a different voice actor in Tomoyo After?

A couple more notables include Minoru from Chobits, Kaiba from Kaiba~

Ryōko Tanaka took over that role. She’s voiced some of my all time favorite characters, so I’m fine with the change~ (Yuiko from Litbus, Kagome from Comyu, Kei from Otoboku… Generally the black-haired older-than-the-protagonist characters.)

2 Likes

Well the 20th comes with two birthdays. Yay me at coming in on correct date.

The first is a voice actress, Yumi Toma, who provided the voice of Hijiri Kirishima (yes, Kano’s sister)… and I don’t know any of her anime roles. She plays a few notable (and possible to hear in Japanese) videogame characters, including Nephilim of Xenosaga Episodes I-III, Raine Saige in Tales of Symphonia, Ivy of the first three Soul Caliburs, and etcetra. I don’t blame you if you haven’t heard any of those roles.

In any case, a voice a lot of us recognize a bit more. Lia, known for singing Tori no Uta (Air’s OP), Torch (Clannad After Story’s ED), and My Soul Your Beats (Angel Beats OP). Okay… maybe both the OP and ED for After Story… I’m not finding contradicting info there… but could have sworn it was two people. (guess I just contradicted my first sentence, ahaha~). (and the Music labels topic made me realize I forgot Tomoyo After’s ED too… I think it was the ending…)

In any case, happy birthday to both of them!

2 Likes

Everyone go listen to it now. It’s great.

1 Like

I already did and I have it on my phone.

Ah, all the December birthdays. Specifically the 22-Christmas giant dump of Key birthdays. Seriously. And nearly all characters.

22nd:
Tohno Misagi of Air, will you create the astronomy club with her or does she have to go find the Celestial Method people?
and Asami Okamoto, who voice Kano Kirishima of Air and suddenly vanished off the face of voice acting, basically. 4 roles and this is the most important.

23rd
Lucia Konohana (Rewrite), will you save her, or become the world’s greatest pervert while trying to torment her?
Nayuki Minase (Kanon), will you wake her up or let her sleep in today, at least she doesn’t have school currently!
Ryo Mizutsuki, she originally only helped with the arrangements of songs in Little Busters, but then wrote some of the songs in Rewrite, such as one of my favorites… Scene Shifts There.

And the 24th with Clannad After Story’s family.
Nagisa Furukawa
Ushio Okazaki

Will you keep them alive and keep this dango great big family together?

There’s only one answer! Make her sleepwalk to school! She probably has training through the winter holidays anyway.

Ryo won Rewrite.

1 Like

I humbly disagree, Ryo had some fantastic music that she wrote, but it certainly is the collaboration that won that game.

I think her name was actually Minagi not Misagi.

It is, my bad.