Key Birthdays!

Oh I get to be on time for one birthday. Puhi~

And if you couldn’t tell by that, it’s September 30th, the birthday Machiko Kawana, who gave us every one of those Puhi~s, aka, the voice of Kyou Fujibayashi’s lovable little boar, Botan. Other than that role, prepare to laugh. She did a role in the Japanese Power Puff Girls as Buttercup. Not laughing? Good resilience, as I had to stop myself before I lol’d. That’s her largest role, I believe. She did a Beyblade character but dunno the show enough.

1 Like

Ooooh, Powerpuff Girls Z? I’m getting close to finishing that. So many episodes though! @A@ Kaoru is easily the best =3= Good work Kawana-san.

Looks like she hasn’t done any other prominent roles. Her role in beyblade was as a side character, and it was after beyblade stopped being good. She also voiced Fanatos in Atelier Iris 3 (a game I only know about through League of Legends) but she was only ever used to buff up Edge.

I did accidentally skip video game roles, which an Atelier role I would have mentioned easily.

Time for me to reappear with my week of missed birthdays.

October 1st shared two Angel Beats roles. Chie Matsuura, who voiced Hisako, and Eiichiro Tokumoto, who voiced Matsushita. Matsuura also voiced Kokonoe of Blazblue, Haruko of MuvLuv, and one girl of Sgt Frog, not the main one… but unsure how minor she is… Tokumoto on the other hand… Is hardly that big outside of our AB role. Fuyumi’s Father in Blood Lad is the largest role I see outside of this one.

Also October 5th had the birthday of Sanae Furukawa herself.

3 Likes

Time to appear again. And obviously I have a few days that had multiple Key birthdays.

For October 11th we had three birthdays. First, Tomokazu Sugita who voiced Yuichi in the 2006 Kanon anime. Outside of Key he voiced Kyon in Haruhi, Gintoki of Gintama, and Joseph Joestar of JoJo to name a few. Second was Daisuke Sakaguchi, who voiced Sunohara of Clannad. He’s not unfamiliar with being a joke, considering he was Jun’ichi in Pokemon, and the Japanese voice for Mako Tsunami in Yugioh. Wait, you don’t know who I speak of with Jun’ichi, think about Yugioh’s character of that name and his English name. Top percentile Rattata. Finally, Yoffy. Yoffy as a name is not so familiar a name, but he’s someone we know because of “Rewrite of za rife” Yes, the lead singer of Psychic Lover who sang Moon’s OP for Rewrite.

Second double day was the 13th. The birthday of our second pair of twins of Key. Haruka and Kanata of Little Busters.

There is also a birthday right after them on the 14th, Tomoyo Sakagami’s.

Happy birthday to all of them. Well… belated…

2 Likes

Man you even got Yoffy in there, good effort :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, I have tried. Now I shall be trying harder to actually get birthdays on time. And since I noticed the joke of today’s things, there are a few birthdays today, October 21st.

First, the errored birthday of Saya Tokido, which is instead her voice actress’s birthday, who also voiced Yuri of Angel Beats, Harumi Sakurai. Outside of Key she does not develop the SSB series, wrong Sakurai. All kidding aside, she has also voiced Lisanna of Fairy Tail and not many roles I know. You’re better seeing what you know.

In addition to her, this is also the birthday of voice actor Masakazu Morita, who gave Key the voice of Kotarou in Rewrite. Outside of Key, he provided some major protagonist voices, such as Ichigo in Bleach and Tidus of Final Fantasy X. Also Seiya of Saint Seiya for 3 years. That obviously isn’t all, but who I decided to speak of, check who you know!

Might as well add it here. Hopefully this birthday decision is final. As the post below me states, it actually is official that today is the birthday of both the voice actress and Saya Tokido herself. Why there was so much confusion and where this Feb. 27th ever came from… the world may never know.

1 Like

Not anymore. It is Saya’s birthday after all.

One thing I noticed is that we’re pretty much only including Japanese VAs and not English VAs. I know that a majority of us don’t have a good opinion towards English dubs (especially the ones done for the Key Anime Adaptations) but there’s a minority of Key fans who watches dubs and like them (myself included). So because of that, I’m going to mention the birthdays of the English voice actors who voiced the Key characters in the dub just to promote equality and to show that we’re not purists. If you want to help me out in this, you’re more than welcome to do so. If you don’t support this, that’s fine but I’m going to do this. Also if you want to include the birthdays of the VA’s for the dubs other than English feel free to do so.

1 Like

Good idea. I’d include some of the german ones, but well no much infos about those anywhere. Also only thing we got in german is Angel Beats.

1 Like

Understood. I will purge myself of this bias and add dubbed voices to my lists.

2 Likes

Gathered up what swift searching of the English dubs could provide. Nothing on dubs in any other language, however (sorry to the place where everyone has red eyes).

As a tidbit, I’ll do the closest, since he pretty much would have been within the week.

October 18th had the birthday of John Swasey, who for Key dubbed Koujiro Kamikita. Wonder how his yells were. I typically will only do shows I’ve seen different things of the dub (or if they’re hilarious enough). So for him, I heard him back as Crocodile in One Piece, and Hohenheim of Full Metal Alchemist.

[opinions]He was literally the only redeemable voice of what I heard of the dub. Kojirou of all characters…[/opinions]

Here I go…

October 5th was the birthday of Monica Rial. She voiced various characters in the English dubs for a lot of shows. Some of her notable roles are Lyra from Fullmetal Alchemist, Renge Houshakuji from Ouran Highschool Host Club, Index from A Certain Magical Index, Mey-Rin from Black Butler, Bulma from Dragon Ball Z Kai etc. For Key, she voiced Misuzu in the dub for both the Air anime and the Air movie.

After that we have the birthday of Serena Varghese which was on October 10th. She voiced Michiru in the dub for Air, Mei Sunohara for the dub of Clannad and both Yusa and Sekine for the dub of Angel Beats. Outside of Key, she voiced Kanae Sumitra in 5 Cm Per Second dub, Chihiro Kosaka inThe World God Only Knows dub.

Next we have the birthday of Tiffany Terrell which was on October 11th. She voiced Makato Sawatari for the dub of Kanon 06 and A-Chan for the dub of Little Busters.

Last but not least, we have the birthday of Tiffany Grant also on October 11th. She is most known for voicing Asuka Langley Soryuu/Shikinami in the dub for both Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Rebuild of Evangelion series. Aside from Asuka she voiced Nojiko from One Piece, Altena in Noir etc. For Key, she voiced Harada from Clannad After Story and Kud from Little Busters.

1 Like

Which dub was the “second dub”? I watched the one that’s on CrunchyRoll (a dub on CrunchyRoll? Unbelievable, I know) which had Johnny Yong Bosche which was apparently done by BangZoom. I’m not sure if it’s from the same one.

Iya iya iya. He meant “5 Cm Per Second” dub. Not “5 Cm Per” second dub :wink:

I realize that now, but 5 Centimeters per Second has two dubs: BangZoom and ADV.

Oh really? Hmm, didn’t know that.

As we know, today we celebrate the birthday of someone I have to restrain myself from insulting in this post…

So instead… HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMOYA OKAZAKI. Oct 30, of course.

1 Like

I missed the first three birthdays of this month, but before I have to post 4 in one post… I shall do them.

The first of November had the birthday of Atsuko Enomoto, who voiced Yukine Miyazawa for Key. Outside of Key, she’s probably best known for her debut role, Yukino Miyazawa (lol) of Kare Kano, or her work as Mistral/other chars in .hack.

The second had the birthday of WAFU~ actress Naomi Wakabayashi, aka, Kud of Little Busters. She’s a waifu and doesn’t have many anime roles, but did do Sheska of FMA (anime-only secretary-librarian girl).

And the third had the birthday of Haruko Kamio, little Misuzu’s foster mother, and honestly the best character of Air. No offense to anyone who says otherwise, but I believe it as fact. Can’t argue though, as it’s been a while.