Kazamatsuri Locale - Japan

I’m sorry ;_; I did remember you saying last time we met that you’d be really busy with your thesis so I thought it wouldn’t be right to bother you :frowning:

But yeah, in that case, we should definitely plan another meetup before the month ends (since I’ll be going back for a month). Perhaps you’d be free sometime? :smiley:

1 Like

No it’s fine, I am really busy with my thesis, which is due at the end of the month, so that’s bad timing. We can try though…are you leaving the 25th? (I guess from the above statement)

@Kaze
Yeah I’ll be leaving at the 25th
but I have finals right before that so technically last day for me is the 22th lol
I can hangout at the 24th evening too btw (when I finish the last exam

Hmm the 24th evening might work. I’m out of town next weekend, so yeah, not many options D:

Sounds like a plan, yeah :slight_smile: Looks like I’ll be free as well!

Probably second-hand stores in Akihabara like Mulan, Mandarake, or the Liberty shops. Nakano broadway in Nakano is also a really good choice, as it’s a building with a whole bunch of Mandarake shops in it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to vent because I’m really excited to go back to Japan now that it’s actually looking like I’ll have a decent amount of money to go over with :slight_smile:

I was planning to visit a friend in Osaka, thinking it wasn’t that far from Tokyo. Maybe it was because I took the shinkansen but wow I didn’t realise how far apart they actually are! (not to mention the expensive trip T_T) I guess it’s just going to depend on how healthy my funds are when it gets to september.

Also, I watched this video recently and it came across as really interesting. It’s a westerner’s experience in Tokyo and while I’m sure it’s a bit put on, it’s interesting to me as when I first travelled there recently I already had at least a base understanding of some parts of the culture whereas the speaker is going in experiencing much greater culture shock. Bonus points if you can spot the 1st Beat advertisement!

2 Likes

@RyuuTamotsu and @Kaze, I was wondering if you guys were still up for meeting on the 24th? :slight_smile:

Yes! My schedule got tighter due to a podcast recording but I should still be able to meet up for something simple.

1 Like

@Pepe @Kaze
sure, just decide time and place.

Is there anyone planning on going to this year’s winter comiket? If so a meet up would be wonderful!

I am planning to go! Even moreso if VisualArt’s announces their participation, as they do in most Winter Comiket :wink:

1 Like

Ah that’s awesome! Do they have a panel of sorts or do they just sell products?

unfortunately, I’ll be going back to my country till the 17th ._.
but surely I’ll be available for the winter’s comiket

They just sell products, yeah. And the line is loooong ;_;

How long would you say they typically are? And do they sell out?

This was my timeline last comiket:
7:30 - Start lining up
9:30 - Line starts moving
10:30 - Get inside the hall with visual art’s booth
11:00 - Reach the end of the line of the VA booth
14:30 - Finally able to buy stuff

A few of the items sold out while I was waiting in line, both of them were calendars

Hey guys!

Sorry I’ve been AWOL for a while, I’m really terrible at keeping up with forums… I was just talking with @Kaze about my trip to Tokyo next week and was reminded to mention it here! I’ve been interning at a university in Kanazawa all summer, but my last day is tomorrow so I’ll be heading to Tokyo for a week and a half starting Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up and hang out, I still have a couple unscheduled days, so let me know!

3 Likes

Oh wow it would be great to catch you :o lemme know when you’re free (or if you meet with @Kaze I could join you guys?)

My free days are currently:

Tuesday, July 28,
Saturday, August 1, and
Monday, August 3