Kazamatsuri Chorus! - Last Regrets

Hello, friends!

As I’m sure you’ve guessed by the title of this topic, it’s time to bust out the microphones and show the world how we do things here in Talentmatsuri. The Kanon bookclub is now under way, and I can’t think of a better way to flavor it up than with one of my favorite Key openings. While not a tremendously difficult song to sing, Last Regrets has some of the most wondrous vocal harmonies, in my opinion, so I’d like to use that to our advantage. So, let’s cover the basics. If you want even more insight on what all this is about, check here or here.

#LAST REGRETS-MATSURI CHORUS!

While we’ve done a couple of these now, no official collection or hub of Kaza Chorus exists as of yet- So once again I feel it’s important to touch base with everyone on what exactly this project is.

##Sing, my loves~

The Kazamatsuri Chorus is something I figured the community members here on Kaza would enjoy participating in while giving myself a tiny bit of experience in music, singing and audio work- Things I’m quite interested in, personally. I feel like we’ve met varying levels of success, but success none-the-less, and I’m once again really excited to put something together with everyone interested, and I do hope our past efforts spark a want to participate. Don’t be afraid. :wink:

This project isn’t like your common karaoke session that you see other boards do from time to time- and while my level of ability may not be up to snuff yet, it’s our goal to produce quality fan cover work of this music we’ve come to be so attached to. That said, do note that your contributions are open to criticisms as we work together to create something really fun and cool. I’ll admit, my running of the last piece we did wasn’t at the level it should be, so expect me to be much more vocal this time! I promise! Quality is great but it’s not worth it if we don’t have fun, so allow me to lead you to stardom.

##How do I do the thing?
Simple, really. Tell me you want in by posting so here in this topic, then follow these steps-
Step 1: Grab yourself a microphone of solid quality.
Step 2: Download Audacity or another viable form of software capable of recording audio and exporting in MP3.
Step 3: Record yourself singing Last Regrets as best as you can. Whole song! Six minutes!
Step 4: PM it to me personally here or through Discord after uploading it to Dropbox or Mega (or just upload it in the PM)
Step 5: ???
Step 6: You’re diamonds.

Once you’ve informed me that you have an interest in contributing, I’ll add you to a group message with other participants for discussion about our work, along with some additional talk of how to ensure your recordings are solid.

##Deadlines!?
Yep, we’ve gotta be productive. You can feel free to show interest at any time and I may be able to work you in, but I’ll be aiming for an absolute deadline for recordings being the 10th of June, so you’ll have a little over three weeks to get me a recording. We’ll have room to work with it after that date, however I strongly recommend trying to get a take in as soon as you possibly can so we get the most time possible to work on it. I’ll try to be lenient here, but don’t expect it. Get those recordings out! The sooner we do this, the more time we have for… Extra projects. :wink:

No Regrets. Now get to it~! Make 'em proud.

5 Likes

I feel like this is a song I can sing really well. Of course I’m in. I’ll get a take in asap

I’m in, whether you want me to or not! :kyogrin:

I can always count on you guys. :kurumu:

Easy song, but we’re taking this one to new limits if I can help it. w

Ooh, I’d like to join in :>

1 Like

I am offering my KazaBois-level voice! :kgoha:

Oh, man. I remember my previous cover of Last Regrets. ._.

…Sure, I’ll join. I could bring a much-needed baritone to the mix. :stuck_out_tongue:

Count me in.

Don’t even try to touch @Iotheria

1 Like

I guess I’ll sing with my loli voice instead, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ill try to join in this time!

I’d like to join too, but I don’t know what your “microphone quality standards” are. I have the microphone of a gaming headseet, will that do the trick?

Your best bet would be to toss me one verse or something to listen to, then I can judge.

Sure, I’ll start working on my vocals and try to record something as soon as there’s nobody home. Man, would I be embarassed if I was caught singing alone a Karaoke with this “special” voice of mine.

1 Like

ALL ABOARD THE LATE BUS
ey das me

After realizing I never actually posted my interest in joining after I read,I came to rectify this.
Since my goal is to be in as many Kaza Chorus’ as I can,I’m all in.

1 Like

@SuikaShoujo You still in?

I’d like to join in this!

To be honest I’m really interested to join. But i never joined anything related, so absolutely unsure of me voice quality

Despite my totally forgetting about the previous one because reasons. I WILL do this one.

Singing Gnashes must be a thing.

1 Like

Oh crap completely forgot about this. I may or may not be able to get it in in time.