Kaza Movie Night!

sitting this one out, even though I have time. I dont want to watch that again. Sorry

Still can’t explain how Toei managed to ruin everything Key throws at them. -_-

But, hey, it’s a good chance to pinpoint exactly what makes the difference. It’s not that bad, in a way. :smiley:

For the record, @Bizkitdoh has gone on record to say that he really appreciates this adaptation, even though it does change a lot of the story.

I’m eager to see how it handles it.

I’m also looking at organising a group viewing of the TV series if anyone’s interested~!

I would love to watch through the Air TV series again I have been meaning to rewatch it anyway so I would be in for that, as for the movie night I will actually try to attend this time I avoided the Air movie because of what I have heard so I might as well bite the bullet and see how it goes.

I’m not against the idea of watching this movie, but I can’t help but feel this is too sudden a decision. It’s almost like everyone doesn’t like the fact that the Bookclub is ending. Nevertheless, I will bear through it and watch this mess with you guys.

Umm… can you elaborate on that? I have no idea what you’re talking about or who this is directed at.

Just a reminder this thing is in like 2 days. Hope yall can make it. Heres a timer to help you remember.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?msg=Kaza%20Movie%20Night%3A%20AIRBC%20Edition&p0=%3A&swk=1&year=2015&month=5&day=16&hour=23&min=30&sec=0

2 Likes

How do we all access the movie by the way? I think I’ll join for this one since i have free time, but it’s my first movie night and I don’t know the details like how do we communicate and what are we doing. are we on a call or something reacting live or just all watching the movie and then discussing it?

We use a mumble server and then we all start the movie at the same time then talk about the movie at the same time :wink:

I don’t know what mumble is, I assume it’s a website, and if it is, will there be a link posted on the forum?

Mumble is a program, something like Teamspeak if you are familiar with it. You will have to download it, set up your mic, and then get our Kaza mumble server and you are good to go ;).

Ill get it, thank you :smiley:

@DMB are you in our skype group? If not, join, or if you cant/dont skype then PM me. Also, make sure you have a copy of the moive, we all just press play at the same time.

@Yerian I’m not in the group yet, but I,m a member now so I can. Can you guys add me?
Also, if I understand correctly I just need to get mumble to get the movie right?

Also is the movie AIR: the motion picture? I’m confused

You can look at the OP for instructions on how to join the movie night skype group.

Yes you only need to get mumble and the movie.

And yes, AIR: The Motion Picture and the AIR movie are the same thing. Its by Toei.

Well it’s good to see I find out about this about an hour before it starts. I’ll do what I can to make it, but no promises.

1 Like

Movie night was sort of a success! This was actually the movie night with the most attendees, despite the organizers not being able to come XD I took the pleasure of recording it for y’all.

How to use this recording: Basically, play it at the same time that you start the movie, and you will be synced with my watching. We had sync issues because not all of us had the same copy, so we ended up with around a second delay between everyone… buuut it was still fine.

So without further ado, here you go: http://puu.sh/hQovc/091215d9d3.mp3

1 Like

Oh yeah…

@raiyan recorded Movie Night #2 as well… and typical me, I forgot to post it.

There you go, this is the one for Children Who Chase Lost Voices

So I was chatting with @Yerian, and I have a proposal, but he wanted me to run it by you guys first.

How would you all feel about a live viewing of the AIR Anime series next weekend? We’d split the viewing into two sessions, one on Friday the 23rd at 23:00-02:00 UTC, and Saturday the 24th at 23:00-02:00 UTC. We’d be throwing in AIR In Summer in the middle if people are willing, or if not it’ll cut each session to about 2 hours each. I’d like to know if there’s enough interest in this to make it a thing! I feel it would be a perfect way to cap off the AIR Bookclub’s AIR Commemoration Week.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea! However I kind of want to see this as something separate from the Movie Night. Well, first of all, it’s not a movie, so that kind of makes it a separate concern. Also, since this is kind of a different format, it also has an entirely different organizational structure: different (albeit similar) timeslots, different days, etc.

Plus I think it would also be better advertised as a separate event, since people who aren’t really keeping tabs on this whole movie night topic, but might be interested in that event, would see it more quickly

1 Like