Kaza Movie Night!

I’d be up for that. Never seen either one.

I’ve been rewatching Code Geass with some friends using this cool little doodad called Syncplay. Might be worth looking into for movie night.

Koe no Katachi unfortunately fairly bored me when I first watched it so I’m not really interested in it, but I’d totally be down for rewatching Kimi no Na wa.

I’ll try to host it.

Let’s make it easy. Pick the one you’d like to watch during the next Movie Night. Choosing one will already show that you’re commited to watching it (I’ll try to set up more than one session if necessary). With this I mean that, if at this time you already don’t think you’ll watch any of these two, please refrain from voting.

• Kimi no Na wa
  • Koe no Katachi

0 voters

Expect the movie night to be held during the next weekend, most likely from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning. Once the film to be watch is decided we’ll work around the schedule.

1 Like

I’ll close the poll tomorrow night (in about 24 hours). If the result is still a tie, I’ll throw a coin and see what we end up watching.

Also, since these films have been released, I can’t provide with links to torrenting sites for obvious reasons, although we all know that 90% of the people will be pirating the movie instead of buying it. Anyway, be sure to have the film prepared with the subtitles before the session starts. The less we have to wait for stupid issues, the better for all of us and our schedules. Remember that punctuality isn’t a virtue, it’s a requisite.

1 Like

Moaggro ain’t fucking around with punctuality. He’ll shift aggro of a thousand enemies on you if you’re late. :shock:

2 Likes

Poll closed, and the with this, the first film we’ll be watching will be Koe no Katachi. As for the time, I’ll go for now with Saturday 22:00 UTC (10pm UTC). With this, the movie should be starting on Saturday afternoon for people in America, late night for Europeans and Early morning for people in Asia and Oceania.

Since I’m almost sure that the time will be a pain in the ass for someone, now is your chance to speak up and say if you need modifications.

1 Like

I voted for koe no katachi but then I forgot that I’m not actually free to watch this weekend lol. It’s ok though, I watched it before, and I’ll check out discussions afterwards.

It’s fine, the result wouldn’t change for one person at least.

Also, the rest of you who will be watching it, please state that you will do so so I can make a list to check that everyone is in voice before we start.

Unfortunately, I have back-to-school that Monday and Koe no Katachi wasn’t a movie I enjoyed enough to sacrifice my already sketchy sleep over it.

Sorry. :uguu:

I am going to arrange for unrestricted access to voice for people who may not have Dango but want to join in. Yay for inclusion!

4 Likes

We will be using the voice channel “Wander”. Because we won’t want much noise during the film, I’ll kindly request that you set up your microphones with push to talk. Don’t worry if you don’t have a microphone as you can still use the text chat in discord (“voice”) to communicate, although we’ll most likely be all talking about the film on voice once it finishes, so having a microphone advised.

Since we might be having non-dangos in the voice channel, be sure to be extra kind to them as this’ll probably be one of the biggest impacts in their opinion of the community.

If anyone happened to need help setting up the microphone or just wanted to have a chat with someone who’ll be watching the film beforehand to break the ice, don’t be afraid to tell me either here or tag me on Discord and I’ll gladly join you if possible.

Oh, and once again, it’d be great if those of you who are going to watch it could say so. This way I can make a list with everyone so that I can make sure we’re all set before the film starts.

And with this, I don’t think I have anything left to say in preparation for the movie night. I’ll meet you there, until Saturday/Sunday.

2 Likes

I would recommend using “Battle” instead, that’s generally the channel we use for specific events. Wander is if people just want general chatter.

But yeah, 90% sure I’ll be there.

1 Like

Welp, nobody has said anything, I hope people will be there ^^;

10 hours left guys!

1 Like

That was pretty good! If you missed this Movie Night, I recommend coming to the next one.

2 Likes

Movie night was, as always, fantastic.

3 Likes

It really was nice to watch and experience something with others and listen to the discussion afterwards, forming opinions and such while it was still fresh.

2 Likes

What else can be said, everyone who was there enjoyed it!

I’ll be looking into hosting a Kimi no Na wa Movie Night next, please, post your interest if you’d be wanting to attend to it and also state if you wouldn’t be able to do so at specific times or days.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind watching Kimi no Na wa! It’s tricky for me to do Saturday though, so if Saturday works for everyone else (it’s the weekend so I’d guess more people have time) don’t worry about trying to change it just for me, I’ve already seen it.

Aight, time’s come to launch operation Kimi no Na wa. Get your legal copies ready because the night is upon us. I’m looking at the Saturday after this next one, so the 23rd.

As for the time, since the last movie night was a success, I’ll still stick to 2200 UTC, however, as I’m fully aware that there are quite a lot of people that can’t be with us at that time, I’ll be setting up a second session (although depending on the time it takes place, I might have to designate a co-host).

Anyway, whichever your timezone is, if you want to come and can’t make it to the 2200 UTC session, speak up so that I know at which time we’re aiming to host the other session.

I can’t stress this enough. Speak up because no one else will do it for you. There were enough people to set up a second session for Koe no Katachi but since no one said anything they ended up missing the fun.