Kaza Movie Night!

Looking forward to it! Will definitely go make a calendar event on my cell so that I literally cannot forget now.

I missed it again because I had the date off by a week :c

Yeah… I kinda forgot to remind everyone because I wasnt able to make it myself >.<
But from all of @cjlim2007’s comments in the chat it sure seemed like everyone who did make it was enjoying it. This’ll definitely be one I’ll have to watch on my own sometime~

1 Like

I had a suggestion for next movie night; Since it’s gonna be on halloween, what say we make a halloween-themed one? Everyone can suggest spooky or halloween-themed movies, then we can all vote on those ones :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep! It was good, we all definitely had a fun time with it.

1 Like

the moe kaza movie night hype train stops for no one!!!

1 Like

To suggest some movies, since we will (hopefully?) be going with a Halloween theme

Edward Scissorhands
Donnie Darko
And since we can’t be complete without an anime recommendation, I just picked the most interesting movie on MAL that was tagged as “Horror”
Akira

So @Pepe and @LinkThinks and I have been watching the dub of a little show called Ghost Stories, and we were kinda thinking that this would be a great time to watch some more. For those of you who dont know, Ghost Stories is a terribly crappy anime that was probably trying to actually be scary. But it was so bad that the dub people thought it would be funny to just turn it into almost like a parody. Its hilarious.

Anyways, we’d be starting at episode 9 or something, but it really doesnt matter because it has next to no overarching plot. We’d probably watch like 4 episodes of it. Anyone who’s down for this or any of the other recs let me know.

Also if I were to recommend anything else, I would choose Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

4 Likes

Ok, so Im sorry, I guess I spent the week deliberating what to do and never gave you guys any official decision.

I decided we should just go ahead and watch Ghost Stories Dub Ep. 9-12 (maybe more if people want to stick around)! Sorry, I know I didnt really give you all the choice, but I promise you wont regret watching this show!

Remember its on Halloween. Er, well, its actually Sunday, November 1 at 00:00 UTC, but thats still halloween for a lot of us.

Dont worry about obtaining it this time, either. In the past we’ve just used Key Radio for this show, and its worked just fine, so I think we’ll stick with that.

I dont know if this is a serious concern anyone had, but also please dont worry about starting at episode 9. There is a very simple plot line that could be summed up in one sentence: The cat is an evil demon haunting the kids, main girl’s mom was ghost buster, main girl’s otouto is retarded, and other girl is a Christian evangelist. Besides that, all the episodes are pretty much stand-alone. If you’re still worried about it, you have a week: just watch the first 8 episodes like @cjlim2007 did :kgoha:

5 Likes

I’ll be there! But I’ll be missing most, if not all of episode 9 because of a Halloween party I’m attending, so I guess I’ll have to watch up on that one, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agg, I remembered that I have to be with some friends at the same day, maybe this won’t be my first Kaza Movie Night.

I might or might not make it to this one.

I definitely won’t be. My absence this week has been work related, and I’ll be somewhere over Northern Africa in a plane when this starts.

Hope all who are able to attend enjoy it!

Unfortunately, with the lack of people who can show up, including myself, I think Im gonna have to cancel this week. Sorry everyone! Go enjoy the Little Busters! hype instead!

Well, that sucks. I was all ready to join you guys… :’(

Sorry about the delay guys ^^;

Before you vote, I would like to propose a change in our current routine:

Our great admin @Aspirety has requested that we movie movie night from Sundays 00:00 UTC to Saturdays 00:00 UTC. This is so it will not interfere with some CLANNAD Bookclub stuff. I am happy to oblige, as I want to promote the official event over this more casual event. However, this isnt gonna work if everyone here says they cant make it on Saturdays 00:00 UTC (thats Friday nights for all you Americans).

So please let me know: can Saturday 00:00 UTC work for you? If not, do you have a different time that would work better?

With that said, here’s the poll:

3 Likes

Bring back Ghost Stories english dub!!!
And the change is ok for me

1 Like

Yup, saturday is fine for me as well :slight_smile:

Same. Friday night works as well as Saturday night. It’s still early enough that my gaming buddies aren’t around yet. :smiley:

Friday night would work well considering there’s a chance that I might be busy on Saturday. ^^