Kaza Movie Night!

[quote=“raiyan, post:45, topic:1096”]
As long as it follows the criteria set at the top, it can be anything, and not limited to just anime movies.
[/quote]In that case, let me recommend a few more movies.

• Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (a childhood favorite of mine with an above-average story and some good musical numbers)
  • The Prince of Egypt (a loose retelling of the biblical story of Moses; another childhood favorite of mine with an amazing soundtrack and visuals, and a good character-driven story)
  • The Princess Bride (Sorry for posting so many childhood favorites, but this one is so good. If you know of its reputation as a cult film, you know why I picked it)
  • Labyrinth (A very weird, but charming film. I thought it would be good to watch it since there’s a sequel in the works)
3 Likes

I vote for this one. Also one of my childhood favorites. There’s also Aladdin (I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this movie, but seeing it again will always be great)

One last call for votes! There is currently a tie between Children Who Chase Lost Voices and Summer Wars, and we will have to just flip a coin if no one else votes within the next hour!

VOTING HAS FINISHED

And the winner is… Children Who Chase Lost Voices by a last-second vote!

The time will still be 23:30 UTC on Saturday, May 2.

Please join the skype chat if you haven’t yet already!

Any questions, please ask!

3 Likes

This seems like an interesting idea, I think I got the most of it but just to make sure could you give me a brief on how this normally goes? thanks :smiley:

Is there any other way to join this if you have no Skype?

Sure! For this week we will be watching Children Who Chase Lost Voices at the given time. We join the kaza mumble server and watch it together. That’s pretty much it, if you have specific questions feel free to ask!

[quote=“sillylittlemelody, post:51, topic:1096, full:true”]
Is there any other way to join this if you have no Skype?
[/quote]Yes there is, but you have to have mumble. It’s very easy to set up. If you are interested in joining this weeks sesion, please tell me and i will PM you the mumble server information.

This is sorta a message to the both of you (and everyone actually), but you need to have a copy of the movie in order to watch with us. There is still some time left, and if there are any issues please PM me and I will help you to the best of my ability.

1 Like

Today is the big day! from this moment, the movie will begin in around 10 hours and 30 minutes. I hope everyone made sure to have a working copy of the movie and can’t wait to see everyone there!

2 Likes

Just for clarification, it is still at 23:30 UTC. That is actually about 4 hours and 30 minutes from now

Sorry I couldn’t make it. My router broke =(

I also missed out sorry guys, had a early start this morning. will make sure to have time for the next night.

Too bad, but I was almost at the same point, at one point my video crashed and I thought my net is down. Thank god I managed to catch up and watch the movie with others :p.
The Kaza movie night is a really good thing and I enjoyed it, we had a really nice discussion about the movie in the end which made me realise a lot of things I couldn’t by myself so thank you guys, it was a fun night :p.

2 Likes

So I went ahead and watched the movie. Is it just me or did it use a lot of elements that remind one of Mononoke Hime? And I’m not only talking about the creature design here…

2 Likes

Hey guys, Yerian here. Sorry for being so late, but Session 3 voting is finally open!

Ryan is really busy right now, so unfortunately we are not able to make several of the changes we wanted to for this session. They will have to wait until we can get together and discuss them, so please be patient with us.

That said, I apologize for how long and confusing the OP is right now. We will be completely rewriting it as soon as we can.

We were thinking about looking into changing the time for this session, but that will also have to wait. For now, it will stay on Saturday @ 23:30 UTC.

What we have changed is that we are now deciding what movies will be voted on in what we consider to be a bit fairer to the people recommending the movies. Instead of being completely random, we will simply be using them in the order they were recommended. If someone recommended several movies at once, we will only use one per person per session.

Thanks to everyone who’ve helped us and continue to show up to these events. I’ve personally had a blast, and I hope this will continue to go so well.

So again, here is the poll, hope to see y’all on Saturday, May 16 @ 23:30 UTC!

Just a word of warning: If you haven’t watched/read CLANNAD before, please please do not watch the movie as your first introduction. It’s really bad, and the dub accentuates that, it’s purely going to be a hilarious watch.

5 Likes

OK ACTUALLY DISREGARD MY LAST POST

As @Aspirety has just reminded me, this is the last week of the AIR BOOKCLUB. That means that next week would be the perfect time to watch the AIR Movie.

Therefore, I am postponing Session 3. And instead…

The winner is… AIR: The Motion Picture by comman- I mean, suggestion of our admin!

The time will still be 23:30 UTC on Saturday, May 16.

This is a big deal, guys. We are celebrating the end of our second bookclub. Aspirety has asked me to personally invite each and every one of you, so I hope you all will join us. If moving the time by just 30 minutes or something would allow you to make it, please just let me know: I want as many members as possible to be there.

6 Likes

sitting this one out, even though I have time. I dont want to watch that again. Sorry

Still can’t explain how Toei managed to ruin everything Key throws at them. -_-

But, hey, it’s a good chance to pinpoint exactly what makes the difference. It’s not that bad, in a way. :smiley:

For the record, @Bizkitdoh has gone on record to say that he really appreciates this adaptation, even though it does change a lot of the story.

I’m eager to see how it handles it.

I’m also looking at organising a group viewing of the TV series if anyone’s interested~!

I would love to watch through the Air TV series again I have been meaning to rewatch it anyway so I would be in for that, as for the movie night I will actually try to attend this time I avoided the Air movie because of what I have heard so I might as well bite the bullet and see how it goes.