Jun Maeda Confirms: Riki is Actually Gay?!

You heard it right: the lovable protagonist of Key’s acclaimed series Little Busters, Riki Naoe, has been confirmed as perhaps the only homosexual character in the Key universe.

In an exclusive interview with Kazamatsuri, Jun Maeda states (translated): “I’ve always thought he was gay. I just never felt I needed to state it explicitly. Little Busters was never about gender identity, so it would take away from the focus on the main story.”

Quite a shock this has been for fans of the series. “Outrage,” one fan exclaims, “how could he have been gay all this time? There was just no sign of it at all!” Another fan says “Ever since I saw him in the female school uniform, I just knew it had to be true. I mean, all his life he’s been with Kyousuke; who wouldn’t become gay and fall for Kyousuke at that point?”

While the fans are still quite divisive on this topic, one thing’s for sure: this won’t change the Little Busters one bit. And yes, even if this means they do end up starting their own boy band.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/jun-maeda-confirms-riki-actually-gay/
5 Likes

But what about Misha from Katawa Shoujo? That’s a homosexual Key character.

6 Likes

17 Likes

But I thought Misha is bisexual? D:

Misha is my favorite homosexual Key character. He also sings good.

1 Like

Kurugaya is totally bi

5 Likes

GET THE KYOUSUKE X RIKI FANFICS STARTING PEOPLE! :’)

Finally I will not have shame for this then :V (never been ashamed tho tbh Lel… kill me)

9 Likes

Why do straight people find the idea of being gay so hysterical that they use it as their April Fools joke every single time? The heterosexuals have gone too far.

2 Likes

Ok from now on I’m gonna ship KyousukexRiki

And stop drawing fanart about KyousukexKomari…sorry guys…I am gonna start as yaoi fanartist…and draw many yaoi key characters

No one can’t stop me…

5 Likes

I never would have thought Riki was gay to begin with so this is pretty much a surprise to me. :shock: Well, I can see they’ll be some fanfics coming in the works so that’s a given here. It just never occurred to me that was the case after watching Little Busters for quite some time. I’ll admit Kyousuke is a handsome fellow and he can be quite the smooth talker especially since he and Riki are always hanging out together. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

For me is bisexual, is obvious that he likes Kyousuke from the beginning but I can’t admit the Riki x Rin like a impossible :uee: .

For other side he, in part, see to Rin as a man so is not that impossible :yahaha:

Now seriously, this is a joke for the April’s fools day? :ehhh:

2 Likes

Wait but if he’s gay then how could he relate and fall in love with literally EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER IN THE LB VN? ( well not all the girls but still).

1 Like

Joke’s on you. I truly think deep inside him he’s homosexual.

1 Like

More importantly, we didn’t actually need Maeda to confirm it.

We knew.

We all did.

From the get-go.

:huhu:

6 Likes

19 Likes

4 Likes

But I fucked ALL THE GIRLS in EX

4 Likes

Instead of Kud Wafter they could have made this a real thing :maeda:

1 Like

It’s not gay if it’s for Kyousuke.

If it is I have a lot to come to terms with…

8 Likes

I always knew KyouRiki was the true LitBus pairing. Can’t blame him though. Dedicated as I am to Komari, Kyousuke is 100/10

1 Like