Introducing the Kazamatsuri.org Planetarian Bookclub! Participate and Win Prizes! | Kazamatsuri.org

4 Likes

To clarify, please post your entries to the first competition to win a Steam copy of Planetarian here!

1 Like

I love Key because of their creativity and good stroylines. Their mix of good athmospheres and emotional scenes brings up so much love to my heart it cant be expressed. I love everything about them, all the stuff they made.
Good luck to everyone!
My twitter is: @Ikasonik

1 Like

I love Key because it makes people potentially give me free stuff.
That and something about changing my life for the better and crafting bar none some of the most emotionally investing scenes of anything I ever did see.
Twittles: @KeyKanon_

2 Likes

I have been following the website for a while so I thought of finally registring and joining the competition :smiley:

Key is what got me into Anime first and Visual novels later, even though they are not my favorite company I really appreciate their works, specially Little Busters which helped me realize what friendship means when I didn’t appreciate it very much, also to use my time with friends giving me all so I won’t have any regrets since we won’t be together forever.

Twitter: @Unijeje

Waiting for this Bookclub, not a big fan of podcasts but will try to watch. Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

Hey, welcome to the fourms! It’s great to have more people joining in for the book club. You should head on down to the Introduce Yourself thread and say hello. I hope you enjoy your time here~

1 Like

Really looking forward to this!

My Twitter is @ Karifean. Still don’t know what to retweet though~!

Edit: So what does Key mean to me, hmm.

Well they have become my favorite storywriters really quickly after I discovered them. I took notice of the Clannad anime in mid-October of last year, and went on to read the visual novel in November. It is now one of my two absolute favorite storylines, together with Little Busters, which I discovered around Christmas just when Refrain finished airing.

Enough history. These two storylines especially - and to a lesser extent Air, Kanon and Rewrite - have touched me. I’ve never been so emotionally invested in a cast of characters and their fates before. I feel enriched having seen and read these masterpieces and over the last six months or so, I think it has changed my way of thinking in a lot of ways. In good ways. There’s a lot to be taken away from these visual novels, and if I could make more people experience the same kind of amazement as me, that would make me very happy.

So in the end, what does Key mean to me? It’s a part of me, a part of my identity. I would not be who I am right now if I had gone without discovering it. As such I very much treasure it.

3 Likes

While we wait for Aspi to get up and edit the post, here is the link to the tweet you need to retweet to enter the Planetarian competition!

We are very active on Twitter, so if you don’t have a Twitter account yet, it’s worth creating one to join in on random little Key discussions we have there.

2 Likes

There are events so revolutionary and impacting in people’s lives that such people can make a clear distinction between “before” and “after” such event. Two of them are Key related

1.- When I first watched Air TV, got in love with the OP (Still one of my favorite songs ever), and while I didn’t understand many thing in the first watch, there were a second… and a third… and even a fourth!
Shortly after the second watch, I became interested in whatever information I could find about Air and Key. I met EFZ where I could expand into Kanon and the Tactics era VNs; met with the other VNs (LB! didn’t existed back then) and discovered with some sadness that the original Air VN had H-scenes. But, despite it’s flaws, I fell in love wih Itaru-e. When I saw this scene (Summer Arc required past this point) in the anime, (And later, in the digital copy of the Air VN artbook), I knew I was onto something special.

Up until recently, Key was about great music that fitted the mood of the events; cute, loveable heroines with their problems, the acquired taste of Itaru-e and the more mysterious and supernatural feel to the stories. Also, they managed to make me, a normally stoic person, cry.

2.- Several years later, with all the Key related anime seen at the time, I started with the VNs. First it was Planetarian. Then, Kanon, and then, Little Busters!. As I played through the routes, I started thinking that there was more to Key than what was mentioned in the last paragraph. The connection with the VN was so deep; the conflicts, so relatable, and the synergy between the Little Busters!’ members, so unparalleled, that it kept me reading it fast enough to advance, but slow enough to enjoy the little perks in every route. Rin almost made me leave my current waifu in order to make her the new one. And Refrain! If Aozora made me cry, Haruka Kanata (and the scene in which it appeared) made me depressed for the next 3 weeks, crying in sleep the day after, dreaming nightmares about the events nearing the end and crying at random intervals during work.

Refrain required past this point

It also defied my usual selfishness. Now that I’m improving myself. I can’t stop thinking about them. Not only the LB!; all Key (and Tactics) characters and their stories are now part of me and I can’t see myself changing that in the short… heck, even into a somewhat distant future!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JDAM_Cid

Edit: Sorry for the inconvenience from days ago. Forgot about the spoiler tags u.uU

5 Likes

@Takafumi Oh sorry about that. Actually, the tweet was linked on the original blog article, it’s just that this forum copy failed to update.

@Kanon, @Uni and @JDAM_Cid, please include your twitter handle in your post. Thanks!

Hey surely those images are spoilers?

3 Likes

Retweeted my twitter name is @StephenDodds5

What Key means to me: Hmm well I don’t really wan’t to go down the whole “Key changed my life!” route but it did have a lasting effect on me. Especially Little Busters! and Clannad. They taught me so much that I thought I all ready knew, the meaning of friendship and family which is what I assume a lot of people all ready know about including myself but it made me look at it totally different if that makes sense? Well it does to me anyway! The story’s are superbly written and the scenes get everything right from crushing heartache to a joyous happy occasion for me everything is spot on and their stories are the only ones that have really left any mark on me.

Long may they continue!

EDIT: Also think this is a fantastic idea! Can’t wait for it to start!

1 Like

Key is the best company ever. No one could create better stories or music.
Not always a story can make you feel such sadness or hatred towards a character (or even mixed feelings like the one I felt towards Sakuya during Shizuru’s route). Somehow every Key story has taught me something to become a better person.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Andreaalmp

Twitter @sumiacani

What’s Key to me? Excellent stories. Simple.

Hmm, the first Key VN I played was Kanon it was maybe the 3rd or 4rth VN I readed just make one route and not even the route that I wanted the most because I didn’t get to it. But well the the most remorable memorry was when a poster of the prom is disblayed and it says that the VN is from 1999 and I thought: “So old” and then I opened the description and the translater says: “Yes it is realy so old”. He caught me.

The next was Little Busters and thats a Hell of a VN, first I only played two routes Kudryafuka and Kurugaya. Kud was first Was realy good but “Spoiler Warning!” the image where she hangs on the chain mostly naked was not my type. But Kud is realy lovable. My PC has a Kud theme and more important I even use the Wafu in my normal Language.

Kurugaya is more interesting she is a lot like myself. Not to emotional. But still with some emotion I can’t even remember when I was the last time realy angry, but I can be pissed by people. But it tough me one thing it could be fun to be with other humans.

The refrain route I played too, after a year I think. Downloaded a savegame. Don’t like it when I have too playsoo many routes just too unlock other routes. I don’t wan’t to overwrite the emotions I had when my first route was finished. But back too the route, pretty amazing isn’t it?

The last Key VN I read is Rewrite but that’s not so my type. First too get the two routes I have too read others that I didn’t want. And secondly after a while it goes a overboard with all that fantasy stuff. But Yoshino is a hell of a character, realy like him.

That’s long desu ne?

And that Yoshino in my Username doesn’t stand, mostly for Yoshino from Rewrite.

Twitter: @SaYoshino

You can make spoiler tags using [spoiler]*[/spoiler]

Also, did you say Yoshino?

2 Likes

That’s one of my favorite memories of Kanon too. The TL notes were great.

What is Key to me… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… (Starts sweating) AHA! (slams fist against palm) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvv8y3VmgUE#t=43

@Barda278

6 Likes

Retweeted and posted in the introductions!

What it means to me… well, it was indirectly the largest factor in having me start learning Japanese. Once I’d read Little Busters, it just really clicked with me. Nothing had really ever made me cry like that, so it really touched me in a way that I felt was absolutely unique. As a side note, only Little Busters made me cry like a baby, is what I mean. The impact was just beyond amazing for me, and so, here I am, learning Japanese and reading mostly Visual Novels during my free time.

2 Likes

One of my nice & simple reasons why I cherish Key a lot, is because they changed help me changed my identity.

Twitter @KyouKeiKen