Introduce Yourself!

Hi @DMB Nice to meet you! Language has always been a means more than an obstacle, n’est-ce pas? And I think we perfectly illustrate that ^^

2 Likes

Well Um alrighty… Hello! Um, my name is Michelle, I’m 18 years old and I live in Puerto Rico.

I’ve seen all of the Key anime series (with the exception of Kanon 2002) and from Visual Novels/Games I’ve only played Rewrite. My first Key series would be Angel Beats, it was around I was still getting back into anime as well. As for my favorite I’d say anime wise I would go for Little Busters, Visual Novel it would be obvious (Rewrite) of course.

I found Kazamatsuri at first from friends of mine who were talking around here, though I never had the chance to actually access the site. As well I got here because I wanted to communicate with people.

My other interests would be video games, watching anime and reading books, sometimes even drawing helps at least.

Well… that’s all… Um… hides NICE TO MEET YOU.

7 Likes

Welcome!! Hope you enjoy your stay here :smiley:

Yes…we need more Haruka avatars in this world.

Anyways, welcome and have fun @SymphoniaXX

1 Like

Welcome, @SymphoniaXX! If I may ask, are you a fan of the Tales series? Your username sounds eerily similar to one of the games in that series… :smile:

[quote=“SymphoniaXX, post:1878, topic:49”]
I’ve seen all of the Key anime series (with the exception of Kanon 2002)
[/quote]I don’t think it’s required reading. As long as you’ve seen Kanon 2006, I think you’re fine. Are you hyped for the Rewrite anime and Planetarian movie, though? :smiley:

[quote=“SymphoniaXX, post:1878, topic:49”]
NICE TO MEET YOU.
[/quote]Nice to meet you, too. Don’t be shy. We are all good friends here at Kazamatsuri. :slight_smile:

Welcome Symphonia, glad you could make it. :smile:

Welcome! Another Key fan from the Caribbean! (I’m from DR). Nice to meet you and I hope you make many new friends here in the forum. Anyways, let’s mark off Puerto Rico from the map guys!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I was born in Asia but am currently based in the UK. Anime and visual novels are but one of my many great passions, so it was only natural that I stumbled upon Kazamatsuri sooner or later! I was particularly interested in the prospect of doing podcasts and bookclubs - chatting with fellow fans about the wonders of Key’s works sounds right up my street :slightly_smiling:

My first encounter to Key’s works was probably the Planetarian VN, which introduced me to their wonderful stories and the gorgeous music to which they are set.I was struck by such a simple and minimalistic story packed so much of an emotional punch! Next on the list was the Clannad anime - and from thereonin, the rest, as they say, is history! :smile:

I have always held that Key’s works are suffused with an optimism that is hard to argue with. It is the kind of hope, the kind of life-affirming happiness, that inspires you to go out and be the best you can be. Unsurprisingly, emerging scientific evidence has shown this to be possible - that films CAN motivate people to be better human beings. Even with something as simple as Komari’s “spiral of happiness” theory - yes, you may dismiss it as drivel from a clumsy ditz (to be fair she is pretty ditzy), but could you even begin to conceive that such a wonderfully innocent person might exist in the real world? Key’s anime sets a precedent - and in showing you the standard for goodness to which you might aspire to, does its part in contributing to their own spiral of happiness in another little corner of the globe. Oh, and lest you doubted The Lady Kamikita’s theory, let me assure you, she knew what she was talking about.

I could go on. But this has already been a long-enough introduction post as is. In any case, Kazamatsuri.org, I am very sure, that you do the world a great service in helping spread the message of these works, and I would be honoured in joining your community in helping to do more of the same!

11 Likes

Welcome, we’re glad to have you! You’ve pretty much embodied exactly what the Kazamatsuri community is all about in that intro, so it sounds like you’ll fit right in :masgrin: Can’t wait to hear your thoughts in the discussion topics~ And we’d love to have you join our Discord chat once you gain Member trust level.

By the way, just because Im curious, what are the Key works have you read/watched?

1 Like

I’m curious too, @harry_kinomoto - both regarding anime and visual novels. We have a ton of discussions for you to get into, and we’ll be having another bookclub eventually; if you haven’t become an ultimate Key connoisseur, you can join the rest of us newbs in Kanon (or whatever’s next).

Also, do you know Japanese? I’m curious to know if you can read any of their untranslated works (which aren’t very many, haha). We have some guys doing that, as well, and a bunch of us learning, if you’re so inclined.

Nice to meet you @SymphoniaXX and @harry_kinomoto. Welcome to Kaza. I hope you have fun with us here. Enjoy your stay~ :slightly_smiling:

How very specific :stuck_out_tongue:

Nonetheless, welcome to our forum! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy this place.

And welcome also to @SymphoniaXX!

@Yerian @ghagler I think I’ve covered most of the main Key anime: so that’d be Little Busters, Clannad, Kanon, Air, Angel Beats, and Charlotte. My VN list is unfortunately alot smaller: I’ve only read Little Busters and Planetarian to completion. I did start Clannad after I was so moved by the anime, but dropped it after I found it added nothing new.

I am learning Japanese, and can get by with a simple raw manga. Unfortunately I run into a bit more trouble with text-heavy raws like VNs so I haven’t done any untranslated ones yet, but hopefully it’d only be a matter of time :grin:

@Aspirety Oh yes, I’m glad you noticed~ Most just leap to the conclusion that that means China and Japan - even places like Singapore and Korea have quite the unspoken presence I think - to the unfortunate exclusion of our middle eastern friends, and other more esoteric places like Nepal, Jordan, Israel, and Kazakhstan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Hope to catch you all around the forum again some time!

4 Likes

You’ll be surprised on how much it actually adds once you get past the common route :slight_smile: The steam release is also really well-translated too, so I personally suggest continuing it!

2 Likes

Definitely agreeing with Pepe here.

At the very least, the VN has Kappei, who quite literally just wasn’t in the anime. His route gives a lot of extra characterization to Ryou, and Kappei himself…well, I don’t like him very much, but he’s not too bad.

You’re also missing out on a lot of stuff in regards to Tomoyo and Kyou’s routes if you only watched the anime. IIRC Sanae’s route also wasn’t present in the anime, although that’s After Story material and would require a LOT of hours of reading to get to…

Anyways, welcome to Kazamatsuri. Have a good time.

6 Likes

Welcome everybody !

Ouais, enfin une nouvelle personne parlant français ! On va pouvoir créer une communauté, Baguette-Matsuri !

1 Like

I’m 42 Megabytings. Sci-fi nerd and Planetarian superfan from New Jersey. Seen all of Air, a bit of Kanon, nothing of Clannad, played Planetarian a few too many times to count.

I found Kazamatsuri while looking for news on the Planetarian anime release, looking for clues if it was an April Fool’s joke or not, and then found out it was in fact real.

I’m a science fiction fan and crazy about racing. Before a robot stole my heart (and about the same time Sailor Venus did as a little kid), speed was my first true love.

Though that’s not to say they don’t dovetail anymore…

7 Likes

nice to meet you, @42Megabytings. Welcome to kaza.
I hope you have fun with us here. :smile:

1 Like

I like your style, buddy. Welcome, and post a lot.

This route is so much worth it.

Interesting. Visual novels are very slow, so that’s a nice contrast. I kind of identify with you since my two hobbies in the last years have been inhumanly fast-paced rhythm/fighting games and visual novels.

I hope to talk a lot to the newcomers! You seem like very interesting people…

2 Likes

Hey @42Megabytings! Always glad to see more planetarian fans around here. You should definitely check out our planetarian bookclub! It was our first time doing something like that so it shows its age, but there’s some really amazing content and analysis that came out of it, so be sure to give it a look!

1 Like