Introduce Yourself!

I’ve already posted stuff in the bookclub threads but hey I’m Fuzzle! I love all forms of media and visual novels are no exception. I’m reading through CLANNAD right now, though I’ve already watched the anime. I’ve also read Planetarian, watched Angel Beats, and read most of Kanon (still haven’t done Mai’s route). So far I would say Angel Beat’s is my favorite just because I actually had more of an emotional response from that anime then the Clannad anime, but Clannad is certainly a close second and may even surpass it after I’m done reading the VN.

My hobbies include making mediocre mash-ups, drawing my original characters, and making fun of questionable writing in eroge. Someday I will make video reviews of VNs but video editing is time consuming and I have two jobs, so not any time soon.

Nice to meet you all!

6 Likes

Welcome Fuzzle! Glad you could join us for the CLANNAD Bookclub. Hope to see you stick around afterwards as well~ :kyogrin:

Also welcome to @Mugga @Toullaty @Consulate @Zander1995 @eptakyrios! Sorry I missed you :yahaha:

1 Like

Nice to meet you too @fuzzlekins.
Welcome to the forums, I hope that you upload some of your original characters here.

A big warm welcome to @eptakyrios and @fuzzlekins! Hope you’re enjoying your time here!

Nice to meet you @fuzzlekins, Welcome to Kaza. :smile:

Nice to meet everyone. My name’s Matheus, but Nio is my alias for all things anime and VNs xd

I’m the creator of Zero Force Translations, an amateur fan-translation group that has translated some VNs, including Planetarian. We are currently working with Little Busters (or, should I say, resurrecting it), but we’re currently at a standstill, so it sucks… I just hope everything turns out ok.

That aside, I love all Key titles, but ever since one friend of mine introduced me to Little Busters, it has been my passion ever since. Also, another friend of mine is translating Clannad to Portuguese as well, and he will soon move on to Angel Beats when he get the time.

(Oh, and btw, Merry Christmas to all of you o/)

4 Likes

Hello… I’m Totoro_Futaki. “Totoro” because I love that Ghibli film, my favorite Ghibli film, and “Futaki” because Kanata is my all-time favorite Little Busters! girl.

I love every Key work. I started with CLANNAD/ After Story, the anime, and loved every second and every character from it. The music was gorgeous too ! CLANNAD is probably today, still one of my favorite Key stories ever. After I finished After Story, there were suggestions for me to watch Kanon (06 respectively), and I did. Kanon was probably one of the stories that I think, pulled my heart strings in every direction. Each girl’s route had my interest waging in, and the final route made me realize how great Kanon was. After that, I felt empty again, so I searched up anime’s similar to Kanon and CLANNAD and found Air (TV). Although i didn’t quite understand Air, I still loved the series. The last few episodes are what makes you realize that the show was worth watching. After that, I found out about Key and their other titles. Of course, i went to Little Busters! since it seemed to be as long as CLANNAD so I was expecting major feels, but the first few episodes kinda threw me off, so I dropped it. Then I went to Angel Beats! and watched the first few episodes, then also dropped that, since I wasn’t probably understanding the story. Then I went back to Little Busters! and watched the first season, Refrain, and EX!. I loved Haruka’s route the most. Of course, I wasn’t as fond at the anime, but people say the visual novel is better, so I’m looking forward to playing it when we get the English release date. I then went to finish Angel Beats! and loved it. I still didn’t quite understand much, so episode 13 didn’t make sense to me. But episode 10 gave me major feels. And now of course, we had the Charlotte anime, which I was hyped up for, but didn’t exactly live up to the hype. But the ending of episode 11, episode 12, and episode 13 satisfied me. At the end of the day, Charlotte is Charlotte. We can just appreciate it for the things it gave us. Now the Rewrite anime ! The Rewrite anime is probably the most hyped up thing I ever hyped up about ! 8-Bit might not be the greatest company, but just seeing that tree that they drew got me excited for some reason !

My favorite Key work would have to be CLANNAD and Rewrite. CLANNAD gave me a glimpse into reality. Showing me that reality isn’t always going to be happy, but can be if you stick to the people who love you. It also taught me how important family is, and how important friends are. Rewrite taught me that a good reality doesn’t mean a perfect life. A good reality means having a life where you can look back on, or a choice you made that you could look back on, where you can tell yourself that you did your best and put everything you had, for the thing that you wanted to do/chose to do, for example, like studying for a test when you didn’t pay attention and don’t understand it. You study, research on google, etc, and put all your effort into it.

I like playing the piano (covers and originals), drawing anime characters (Anime characters close to Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue designs), writing music, and writing scripts for visual novel idea’s I have that I someday might make.

I’m glad to know that there are other people who admire Key. I think Key is the reason why I understand certain situations in life now. Such as why families fight. Why friendship is important. Why we should create happy memories instead of sad/bad/unhappy memories, etc. I hope other people who discover a Key visual novel/anime/anime adaption, will stick with Key and start realizing the greater things in life, such as family, friends, memories, the planet, time, protection, etc. Key, no matter what they make, whether it’s different, long, short, fantasy-like, hentai, etc, there’s always a lesson to be learned in the overall plot that we can all appreciate. I’m glad I found this site :slight_smile: A place where i can fan-boy all I want about Key ! Finding this page is a great Christmas gift to me. Happy Christmas Eve/ Merry Christmas everyone ! Wherever you live ! Time to go find that Charlotte Christmas picture !

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kazamatsuri Discord Chat

Hello everyone! As my name suggests, my favorite VN is Rewrite!!!~

I had already watched basically most of Key works - Clannad, Kanon, Angel Beats, Little Busters!, Charlotte, I’m in love with all of them ~. I still haven’t watched Air though, and I haven’t read that Planetarian visual novel. To be frank, most how I get to know Key works is through anime, and I heard of (through the soundtrack below) this awesome series named “Rewrite”, and bec. there’s no anime, I read the VN, and fell in love with it! ^^ It’s the first VN I read and became my favorite.

My first anime is Angel Beats, can’t exactly remember how I knew it, but basically bec. of the soundtrack. In fact, I knew of the Key animes first bec. of the soundtrack, I can remember listening to Shizuru’s ED Koibumi, and that’s how I knew Rewrite and read the VN.

Regarding I how knew this, I can’t remember if I saw this site some eons ago through googling “Kazamatsuri”, or trying to google search for latest Key news. Today was the 1st time I joined.

Regarding interests, I can’t share much, maybe watching other anime aside from Key works? (I’m probably watched Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo before typing this) Lol. And I also play video games, mainly various times, I’m not an like Senri Akane though on that one, and of various genres. And then read stuff. And then do stuff. And then, whatever.

By the way, I still study school and still had not graduated. Regarding place, uh, I hail from Earth ~. (Please, don’t persecute me for that corny joke…)

4 Likes

Hello @Totoro_Futaki and @KotoriKanbe! This is the Yerian Welcoming Bot. Sorry, the other forum members are either gone right now, already hate you, or are really lazy (the latter is most likely). Please enjoy your stay nonetheless~! :yukismil:

1 Like

(I probably should brush up on welcoming people today. XP )

Welcome to Kazamatsuri, @dne1494, @nightwheel, @Amagami, @cloudst12, @shakes7, @Sonic112003, @SanjiSanada, @Mugga, @Toullaty, @Consulate, @Zander1995, @eptakyrios, @fuzzlekins, @nio-kun, @Totoro_Futaki, and @KotoriKanbe! deep inhale

Oh, and welcome back, @solidbatman! Although I’m not sure I was around when you were first here… :confused:

Happy holidays to you all, and I hope you enjoy your stay here at Kazamatsuri! I hope we all become good friends! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @nio-kun, @Totoro_Futaki and @KotoriKanbe.
I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Hello! My name is Ashton and I was brought here by a friend from another forum. He was very generous and bought me CLANNAD for Christmas! So I have been following the bookclub guide, although I suppose it’s a bit late for some of it. But I am trying my best to catch up now and before college starts back up! This is my first Key visual novel although I have read a few other VN’s.

A few things about me:
-I am Canadian but I moved to the USA to be with my boyfriend. We are celebrating our 4 year anniversary next month.
-I love video games, especially RPG’s. My favourite game is Final Fantasy IX.
-I am studying to become a substance abuse and addictions counselor.

Nice to meet you all!

7 Likes

Welcome, @octoberpumpkin! It’s a pleasure to meet you. Maybe if I see your friend I should thank him… :slight_smile:

[quote=“octoberpumpkin, post:1727, topic:49”]
This is my first Key visual novel although I have read a few other VN’s.
[/quote]Good to have the experience. May I ask what other VNs?

I love video games, especially RPG’s. My favourite game is Final Fantasy IX.
[/quote]Funny you mention that. I’m an RPG nut as well, so much so that I’ve got my hands full with three different RPGs this holiday season. And Final Fantasy IX is my fav in the series, although it’s far from being my favorite game of all time. Are there any RPGs you like playing other than IX?

I am studying to become a substance abuse and addictions counselor.
[/quote]We seriously need more of those. It’s awesome that you’re taking on such a role. I hope you do well in that field! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! Hopefully I can get a hang on how this forum works soon.!

My favourite was Tokyo School Life. I have also read Hakuouki for the PSP, Katawa Shoujo, Long Live The Queen (if that one counts), Fading Hearts, fault milestone one (waiting for some extra monies before getting part 2), don’t take it personally babe, it just ain’t your story, and the first four episodes of Umineko (having troubles getting the rest to run on my computer, though), and I am also currently reading Gaokao.Love.100Days

Oh I love a ton of RPG’s (and video games in general). The FF series is great and I also really love the Tales of, Xeno, and Atelier series. There’s a ton of great RPG’s!

Thank you very much. I am rather enjoying it so far and I hope I can be successful in the future. :smile:

1 Like

Welcome @octoberpumpkin, glad you could make it. Its never too late to jump into the bookclub, and I hope we get to see some of your thoughts on that. Yoroshiku~

1 Like

Welcome, and great to see that we have some people coming in here to participate with the bookclub! :kyogrin:

Hey, congrats in advance to you two! :slight_smile: You should get him to read CLANNAD along with you as it is definitely a good experience, one that I was able to share, myself.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to @fuzzlekins, @nio-kun, @Totoro_Futaki, @KotoriKanbe, @octoberpumpkin!

Nice to meet you @nio-kun, @Totoro_Futaki, @KotoriKanbe and @octoberpumpkin, welcome to kaza! :grinning:

Hi! Call me Tomo! I’m from the USA, particularly in the little midwestern state of Ohio. I’ve been a fan of Key since I first saw AIR in… oh man I think it was early-mid 2006? I can’t even remember hahaha! I’ve watched every Key anime there is so far, from Kanon’s first release from 2002 to Charlotte in 2015. Game-wise, I’ve played Little Busters!, Clannad, Tomoyo After, Planetarian, and Rewrite. Kanon and AIR are in-progress, as is Harvest Festa. Out of every series, Little Busters! still holds its special place in my heart. (lame lol)
Outside of Key, I tend to draw in my spare time (yes insert some Key fanart here). Masato Inohara is my favorite character, he is my husbando.
Kinniku yay yay! ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ

10 Likes