Introduce Yourself!

Yo and welcome! Nice to have you here ;d!

Also @Pepe you had the honor to be the 420 blaze it post. Pepe weed confirmed

Too bad I don’t smoke (anything in general) :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m open to trying it in food, though!

1 Like

Neither I smoke or do drugs. Just tought the 420 reference would fit there hue.

I’m Essy, otherwise known as ‘Breadcat.’
Miscellaneous information: I am a student of Computer Science, a Kendo practitioner, a mathematician(as a side effect of the Computer Science…), and I’m a huge huge huge Keyfag.
Kanon was my gateway drug, which led into Air, which lead into Clannad, which lead into a storm of VNs tracing back lineages to ONE. Then spiraling out of control to today. My only regret so far is that I still have to finish Rewrite which has destroyed two of my computers already… But I wont give up!

5 Likes

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

1 Like

dodge
KOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1 Like

Kinniku, kinniku!

(welcome <3)

1 Like

I have heard about your, uh, great feats of mathematic contribution surrounding, uh, boxes.
If you know what I mean. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome Essy! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Just a reminder to all the new members to take a brief moment to check out the FAQ. As long as you keep it in mind when posting, everything will be fabulous!

Hello fellow computer scientist!

Really fun name you got there, breadcat :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, welcome!

That name reminds me of Issei in high school dxd… It looks/sounds similar.

Yo welcome!
As soon as I read the “breadcat” thingie, this popped in my head for some reason huehue

I don’t know why but that got me excited. Anywho, welcome Essy. :smile:

Hello! Decided to drop in the forum after you guys linked my saxophone teaser.

Here are my obligatory answers:

• I live on the east coast of the United States
  • I have read Kanon, Air, Clannad, Planetarian, Little Busters!, and Rewrite.
    Clannad was the first I started, though Planetarian was the first I finished. My order of favorites (starting with most favorite) is: Rewrite > Air > Little Busters! > Planetarian > Clannad/Kanon
    I have watched Kanon, Air, Clannad, and Little Busters!, and Clannad is my favorite of those.
  • I found you guys first via the Planetarian analysis that popped up with some Christian themes. I write for a Christian blog called and we actually ran the same article as a guest post from the author. Then, of course, I was connected here because of the article on my video.
  • I’m a huge fan of anime, as evidenced by my videos and blogging, and Japan in general. I also, obviously, play the saxophone. I am currently studying International Business in undergrad and will be doing some internship work in Japan in the near future (my goal is either to work in Japan long-term or to work with Japanese relations in some sort of business setting, doing translation most likely). Otherwise, I like to read (mostly going back and forth between visual novels and nonfiction, particularly theological studies and commentaries on ancient texts), write, and occasionally play video games (though time to do so has been limited).
9 Likes

Welcome! Glad our bookclub reached so many people. I personally really enjoyed that part of the discussion.
Hopefully whenever we get around to our next bookclub you’ll be able to contribute some similar stuff there!

As I said in the other thread, I excited to hear your saxophone covers!

Hello, I am new here. My nick is Hirato. Nice to meet you all.

Now for the obligatory questions.

• I live in South East Asia.
  • I have played Kanon, CLANNAD, planetarian, Little Busters! and Rewrite + Harvest festa. I watched AIR, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters! and Angel Beats. My first Key anime is AIR and I hated it :laughing: but then I - for some magical reason - played CLANNAD and I love it.
    (Actually, I had no interest in Key works because I hated AIR (TV) so much, because the ending was pretty weird and didn’t make sense to me when I first watched it. Then I listened to [this Vocaloid cover of CLANNAD’s music][1] and I think, maybe I can try it out because I love the music. Turned out I really love it. I played the VN for two weeks straight, and marathoned the anime for another two weeks. That was the most melancholic month I have ever lived.)
    After playing CLANNAD I watched the anime, then finally decided to explore Key’s world. And when I rewatched AIR, I quite came to like it.
  • My favorite is either CLANNAD or Little Busters! Leaning more to LitBus! though.
  • I found Kazamatsuri when I was looking for CLANNAD Kickstarter info.
  • I like other VNs too, although my list is really short in comparison.
  • I really want to learn proper Japanese.
  • This site is pretty cool. There are so much information for us Key enthusiasts. Keep up the good work :smiley:
    That’s all from me.
    [1]: http://youtu.be/Ey4jG8X3l10
6 Likes

Religion in planetarian is definitely a large aspect. There’s probably lots that hasn’t been brought up enough yet.

I checked out that website when the saxophone teaser was posted (mainly the ‘best of’ post and the recommended anime post.) and I have to say, it’s rare to find an anime website with opinions I agree with~ Some of those anime are criminally unpopular. Wandering Son in particular.

Whoever gets onto writing about SAO 3 will have a field day (if an SAO 3 happens.) This is about the time where the writer figured out how to portray meaningful information through story.

Good to see you on here, @Japesland! Never knew you were such a big fan of Key. Though I guess you wouldn’t be making a key album if you weren’t!

And yeah that discussion about Christian themes in planetarian was really interesting, and I think one of the highlights of our planetarian discussion in general. Never knew that it was also up on a blog

Welcome as well, @Hirato! Finally, I am not the only South East Asian on the forums hahaha! I do believe there are a bunch of Indonesian Key fans so I wonder how we can get them on the site (I won’t ask which country you’re from; we all deserve our privacy).

Anyways, as always, I hope you guys can contribute to the discussion in the forum!

I would be very surprised (and actually very sad) if that does not happen.

I used to spend loads of time on an Indonesia-based anime website. I don’t think anyone on there was specifically a fan of Key though. Generally they were more about Vocaloids and stuff~

The first two books were great. Them and MR were enjoyable reads. Unfortunately I can’t say the same for the third Alicization, but that’d be better suited as an anime anyway.