Introduce Yourself!

Ah hello little kudo!. Welcome to Kazamatsuri the fourm of key muscles. You love kotomi? Oh you have great taste :happy:
If you like any topic at our fourm don’t hesitate to speak in it, we always love having discussions with new members.
I hope you have a great time here and your muscles grow stronger.
Bye-bye now muscles-muscles yay-yayyyy~~ :muscle:

1 Like

Greetings everyone, I’m Tsukiyo Alex, but you can call me Alex, I’m a very powerful voyager who…Eh?! Wrong place? :shock:

Let’s start over: A long long time ago, a huge vocaloid fan listened to maybe one of the most beautiful songs in the world called “Tori no Uta”, some of you might recognise it as AIR’s opening theme. After becoming interested he decided to watch the anime and enjoyed it, that would be the end of the story if he hadn’t stumbled upon the great and glorious Aspirety, and decided to check the game.

Since my copy of AIR just arrived I decided to join this forum and post my thoughts on it, unfortunately I’m already spoiled on the ending, but I hope this is not the end of my Key ventures, so I’m planning on playing Rewrite or CLANNAD next.

It’s a pleasure to meet you all, I look forward to meet all of you. :happy:

10 Likes

It’s a pleasure to have you here. Though I am curious as to who this vocaloid fan you mentioned is. Sounds like a swell person.

1 Like

Yessss, a new AIR reader! Maybe you can reach new insights about the ending that we couldn’t haha~

Welcome to the forum Alex! Glad to have you with us.

1 Like

Hello, I’m zetaFairlight (well, that’s my nickname). Someone may remember me.

I was away for a while missing this forum… (because of an unfortunate true misunderstanding).
I hope I can be feel like I did all those months or years a long time ago…

3 Likes

Hey zeta! I’m not sure what exactly kept you, but it’s great to have you back :slight_smile:

Things are quiet at the moment, in the midst of some restructuring, but we should be back to lots of activity soon.

Yo call me Yuuichi, I live in New Zealand, I first discovered Key about two years ago when I kept hearing people talking about how good Clannad was, I then decided to watch all of the Key anime starting from Kanon (2002), I know most people dislike it but I thought it was decent at the time, I really enjoyed the winter setting and touching story. A few months later I watched Air, Kanon (2006), Clannad and After story. Ever since then key has became one of my favourite franchises, i’m also a big anime fan in general. I found Kazamatsuri some time ago and have enjoyed watching the podcasts. I hope we can have some good discussions. :uguu:

11 Likes

Cool, a fellow Kiwi :slight_smile: What part of NZ are you from? I am in Palmerston North.

Me too what a coincidence lol.

1 Like

Heya, I’m Strawberry! I’ve been a Key fan for about 8 years; I’ve read Kanon, Air, Clannad, Planetarian and Little Busters!, and watched their anime adaptations with the exception of LB, which I’m currently watching. I’ve also seen Angel Beats and Charlotte. With any luck I’ll get to Rewrite and Harmonia sometime this year. Regrettably, I did go through a rough spot with Key for a bit when they fell out of fashion—the criticisms of the sentimentality got to me—but I rediscovered my love for them about a year and a half ago and haven’t really wavered since then. I’ve really appreciated Kazamatsuri over the years as a resource over the years for Key/Maeda content, as well as a place to dig through some of the analysis in the threads/book clubs and get myself thinking about their works.

With that said, let’s get to some favourites:

My favourite Key work is—hard to say. To borrow a little turn of phrase from Nabokov, my head says Little Busters!, my ear says Clannad, but my heart says Kanon. I wrote a pretty long analysis of Kanon last year, and I’d love to write more about the other VNs in their catalogue!

Best Key girl? I’m torn between Kanon’s Nayuki Minase and LB’s Haruka Saigusa as my overall pick, but my favourites from Air and Clannad are Kano and Nagisa respectively. Kanon was the first VN I ever played as a teen, and hence Nayuki left a pretty strong impact on me, which endures to this day. On the other hand, Haruka really really (really) hits me hard in a place few fictional characters have, although I only got around to playing LB relatively recently.

On a more personal note, I’m a Brit in his twenties. Good to finally post here, and thanks for all the hard work that’s been put into this place!

14 Likes

Welcome, welcome to the Kazamatsuri training camp soldiers @Strawberry and @ISneezeRazorBlades.
I see you two have a important place in your heart for key, good we love recruits like you.
We here specialize in honing your mind with engaging and though provoking discussions while pouring our heart out for key, we also have not so serious discussions where you can just talk about general thing and familiarize yourself with your other comrades.
Anyway you two have read Little busters, that’s my favorite work. If you wanna discuss about it or any other key VN with us then don’t be shy, we love bonking heads together.
Well i hope you have a good time here recruits, dissmised.

Hi! I actually only just read through the Refrain route of Little Busters like three days ago, and I saw stuff about the bookclub in my obligatory post-completion hunt for any and all content about it. (I mean, I guess technically I haven’t completed it, there’s still the EX routes and all that, but eh. I’ll definitely give them a read, but at this point I just couldn’t keep myself from looking stuff up any longer.) LB! was my introduction to anything Key, and my second(/third if you count reading a screenshot Let’s Play of Fate/Stay Night) VN ever. I’m planning to read CLANNAD at some point though, and the Virgil to my Dante in this situation is suggesting that I should get Rewrite.

7 Likes

Haha, weird things can happen on the Internet.

2 Likes

Hi to all the new members! I hope your stay here is a good one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! (I am sorry in advance if this is a long post, I tend to ramble)
I’ve been watching this community for several months now, but I‘ve finally worked up the courage to try contributing! So… I found Key something like 10 years ago with KyoAni’s wonderful adaptation of Air. This was like nothing I had ever seen before and resonated with my heart in a way I didn’t know was possible. I fell in love immediately and proceeded to watch KyoAni’s Kanon and this show amazed me beyond belief. It has helped me through so many hard times in my life and has remained one of my favorite pieces of art or expression ever produced. With this, my love for Key was cemented. I love Key’s works like nothing else and it never ceases to amaze me how genuine and heartfelt these stories are.

I just recently got around to playing the Air VN and finally finished it about a week ago, but this was kind of a journey for me… The Minagi route, specifically the bad end (god have mercy on my soul) really messed with my head for a long time and I needed some kind of outlet. So, I had remembered that I had seen a few facebook posts from Kazamatsuri and I believe I had seen Aspirety around on the MyAnimeList forums so I searched around and found this forum and I was greeted with posts upon posts talking about all the routes in all the Key games (Perfect!!) and proceeded to read all the posts about Minagi’s route and thought a lot and compared my experience to everyone else’s. I have quite a few things to say about that route along with eventually all the other Air and Key routes I’ve played. But, since the Minagi route affected me so deeply and ultimately caused me to come here, the Minagi route discussion is the first place I’m going to post besides this!

So, I say in my profile my favorite Key work is Little Busters. Well, awhile ago during college, Little Busters was the first Key VN I read and it saved me from the worst depression I had seen in years. It reignited my love of Key and I fully agree with Jun Maeda when he says it’s his masterwork. Specifically Haruka’s route resonated with me more than any work of art I’ve ever seen to this day. When I eventually post in her discussion I’ll be gushing quite a bit haha She’s basically my favorite character of anything ever <3 and the reason she’s my avatar.

You all seem like a nice bunch, and it’s nice that there’s a place I can talk with other Key fans about all these feelings I’ve had about these works. I really want to say thank you very much @Aspirety! This community you’ve created really is something special and I genuinely appreciate that you went out of your way to make something like this. Seriously, wonderful job here! ^-^

TLDR: So, I’m from America. I love anime (largely due to Key) and I also love video games, mostly from Nintendo or from other various Japanese producers. I’ve seen Air, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats, and Charlotte. I’ve played Little Busters, Planetarian, Kanon and Air. I’m kind of irate at myself for not playing Clannad yet or even touching Rewrite or Harmonia at all but I’ll get there I promise!! I have things to say about all these lovely works and I’ll try my best to properly contribute to the discussions! See you around guys!

13 Likes

Welcome to the community @red1664! I can feel your enthusiasm is the real deal, you’ll fit in nicely here I’m sure!

I would strongly encourage you to check out our AIR Bookclub Podcasts; link in the top navbar. The Minagi podcast in particular is one we’re very proud of and we’d love to hear what you think of it.

1 Like

Thanks @Aspirety! I’m very glad to be part of the community!

I’ll be sure to check out the Minagi Bookclub Podcast before I post in the discussion. I’ve been wanting to listen to the podcasts for awhile, but now I’ve got some real incentive. I’m really looking forward to it and the other podcasts too! I’m sure I’ll find some great insight, and I just really like these discussions so it’ll be fun!

3 Likes

Hello, I go by a number of handles online, but the one I’ve been using lately (including on Discord) is MKL, so that’s what I’ll use on this site.

I live in the Philippines and have been an (admittedly somewhat casual) Key fan for about eight years now (I got into Clannad around late 2010 or so which I admit is a bit late, but I only started watching seasonal anime around that time; prior to that most of my exposure to anime was on cable). I’ve watched all the Key anime so far (including Angel Beats and Charlotte), although I put Little Busters and Rewrite on hold for various reasons. As for games, I’ve played Clannad, Kanon, and Tomoyo After.

I discovered this site because of @Pepe, who I’ve actually met a few times IRL. He recommended that I join this site, so here I am. As for my interests outside Key, well I’m into anime in general, and I mostly listen to anison music (#1 favorite artist is Mami Kawada, hence my handle, which is short for Mami Kawada Lover).

Outside of anime, I have a broad variety of interests such as history and politics (right now I’m aiming to become an academic in Japanese studies), sports, cars, planes, science, and a bunch of other things.

An interesting thing about me: I’m also a Wikipedia editor. In fact, I created the Wikipedia articles for Charlotte and Summer Pockets, although I wasn’t the primary contributor to either article. I also created and am one of the primary contributors of the Wikipedia article on Konomi Suzuki, aka the singer of Alka Tale and Inari’s VA. Suzuki happens to be one of my favorite singers at the moment, and seeing her live last year (together with Pepe) was one of the best moments of my life.

11 Likes

Heeeey you finally decided to join! Glad to see you on here, then :wink: And I hope you can help spread your love for anisong here on kaza as well, heh (and get more people into lives coughcough)

4 Likes

Thanks. Will see, especially now with Summer Pockets coming up.