Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @IchibanOtaku and @Echo. Nice to meet you two. :happy:

3 Likes

You and me, VJ, weā€™re the last sane men in an insane world.

2 Likes

Guysā€¦ If youā€™re gonna shitpost do it somewhere outside of everyoneā€™s first introduction to the site.

Welcome to the community @iamnoob, @Echo and @IchibanOtaku! I hope you all enjoy your time here. Things are a little quiet right now, but I expect activity to pick up when Little Busters launches, when weā€™ll commence our Little Busters Bookclub!

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ After welcoming(?) @Echo and @IchibanOtaku, I realized that I didnā€™t do an introduction myself :derp:

I am a student currently residing in Taiwan, but I plan to move to the US in August. I watched Angel Beats, Little Busters (all of the anime), Charlotte, and Planetarian.
Plans to watch Kanon and Air during summer vac, when Iā€™ll have the most free time.
I own Planetarian (read), Clannad (currently reading), 1st Beat, and Rewrite (will read).
I love to read/watch/hear/imagine all kinds of stories. Apart from anime and VNs, I like reading classics because modern novels donā€™t really suit my taste, I like Tolkienā€™s and Lovecraftā€™s books the best, but they take a long time to read. :ahaha:
As of now, I thoroughly enjoy the discussions this community engages in and I hope to participate more.

6 Likes

Heya everyone, Iā€™m Revvie!
ā€¦ Or at least thatā€™s what my preferred username is, but thatā€™s already taken so here we are. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Iā€™ve been a key fan for quite a while, my first exposure was reading the visual novel Planetarian, about 3 to 4 years back. Since then Iā€™ve read (and watched) Clannad, Rewrite, and everything in between those 2. If I have to pick a favorite, Iā€™d have to say itā€™s Little Busters ā€“ You canā€™t really beat the muscles.

I first found Kazamatsuri when I saw that one of my friends followed this weird twitter account that diligently posts key news and stuff in English. So I dug deeper into it andā€¦ yeah. Iā€™m really glad this site exists though, finding fellow key fans out there in the wild can be pretty hard!

Thatā€™s all I guess. I really hope I can become an active member of the community!

12 Likes

Glad you could make it @Eivver! Thumbs up for the Mio avatar, you have good taste! I really hope you enjoy your time here! Make sure you get that Dango rank so you can join us on the Discord :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Aspirety! Mio is best girl after all, that much is obvious. And yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m going for! I look forward to chatting with you and the gang on discord once I get that rank.

Edit: Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I thought about making another reply but I figured that would be too much clutter, but I do want to say that I appreciate it.

5 Likes

Welcome @Eivver

1 Like

@Eivver Welcome and nice to meet you! It took me a moment to realize your current username is just revvie backwards.

1 Like

Welcome @Eivver, nice to meet you. ^^

1 Like

Hello! The name is Kozumiku. I generally go by Cosmic.

Where in the world do you live? I live in the United States.
What Key games or Anime have you read/watched? So far I have only read through Planetarian. I may begin reading through CLANNAD soon.
How did you find Kazamatsuri? @Hardscope Invited me in preparation for the Little Busters book club!
What are some of your interests outside of Key? I spend a lot of my free time on Metroid Construction, (A popular metroid romhacking site) and with some help Iā€™m currently messing with a ROM-hack of my own for Metroid: Zero Mission.
BONUS OPTIONAL QUESTION: Tell us something interesting about yourself. Hardscope and I play Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: First Assault Online together often.

5 Likes

@Kozumiku who are you

1 Like

Welcome to the club @Kozumiku, Iā€™m excited to see you join us for the LB Bookclub! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be a better member than Hardscope :ohoho:

3 Likes

Hello Everyone!
I live in the US and my favorite key anime is Angel Beats! Iā€™ve also seen Little Busters, Planetarian, Charlotte, and Rewrite. As for Key VNs, Iā€™ve played Planetarian, the Fuko route in Clannad (and none of the others), and I started Harmonia. I really should finish those last 2ā€¦
I learned about Kazamasuri a couple months ago while I was looking up info about the Steam release of the Little Busters VN. What got me to stop lurking and make an account was when I saw the post about the Little Busters card game and saw it was on tabletop simulator. I wanted to get together with people and try that out, but itā€™s kinda hard to do that when you donā€™t know anyone. :stuck_out_tongue:
My hobbies include playing board games and video games (mostly Nintendo).

8 Likes

Yups Welcome dude, feel free and enjoy in kazamatsuri :smiley: . Hope you like to stay and discuss a lot of key creation, fanarts, music, and much more. Welcome :smile:

Welcome welcome and welcome :happy:

Itā€™s weird watching Otonashi welcome Otonashiā€¦

Welcome @CandorVelexion! Take your time to explore the forum and once you have the Dango rank you can join our Discord chat! Youā€™re welcome to join our games there :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome @CandorVelexion !
When you reach Dango rank and join our Discord Iā€™ll be glad to play LB Dotabata with you.

1 Like

umm i donā€™t know what to say, basically just a key fanboy who lives in a nothern african country called algeria. iā€™m in highschool and iā€™ve watched and read every single key work (except for tomoyo after, couldnā€™t get my hands on it lol) my first was kannon 2002 (not the best anime) then i found angel beats, which is now one of my favorite animes of all time. Oh and iā€™m also a big fan of the danganronpa series. looking forward for my time in this community! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi all! Iā€™ve been a long-time fan of Key works since I first watched the Clannad anime in around 2009/2010.

Where in the world do you live?

USA east coast.

What Key games or Anime have you read/watched? Which was your first, and which is your favourite?

My first Key work was Clannad (the anime). In fact, itā€™s what made aware that Visual Novels existed. The themes of family and community made a huge impact on me at the time. Iā€™ve rewatched it several times and even gotten my family to sit through the entirety of it with me, and it still makes me feel very strong emotions each and every time.

Other Key works Iā€™ve finished are Air (anime), Angel Beats and Little Busters! (Visual Novel). Iā€™m planning to either watch or read Kanon some time in the near future.

Itā€™s a hard choice picking a favorite between LB and Clannad. I found LBā€™s cast to be more charming and waaaaay more fun in general, but at the end of the day I think the themes in Clannad made a much bigger impact on me.

How did you find Kazamatsuri?

I started reading Umineko some time ago and was fascinated by the extremely unique way in which it incorporates meta elements into the narrative, so I tried to find online discussions about that which made me bump into a Kakeracomplex blog post called ā€œHow Umineko has influenced my thinkingā€. I enjoyed the writing style so I checked out some other posts on the site, and I found that the writer had created this community dedicated to Key works. I lurked around for a bit and found the community to be quite pleasant. Soā€¦ here I am!

What are some of your interests outside of Key?

The usual: anime and video games. My taste is pretty wide when it comes to what kind of anime I like, but I generally tend to sway more towards the comedy/slice of life genres. Or rather, itā€™s hard to find comedy/SoL anime that I donā€™t enjoy, whereas other genres can be pretty hit or miss. My favorite anime is Nichijou. As for video games, I love action/adventure and story heavy JRPGs. My favorite game of all time is probably Persona 4, although I have been very into action-heavy, atmospheric games like Bloodborne and Hyper Light Drifter lately. It depends on my mood I guess.

I also love Visual Novels even though I havenā€™t read that many. From what Iā€™ve experienced, I find the medium to be my ideal sweet spot between the beauty and introspection that written works provide and the immersion and heightened emotions that audiovisual media has. My current favorite one is Fate/Stay Night (which made me realize that the cyclical nature of VNs could be used for more interesting things than just exploring multiple romance options).

Other things:
-I have a boring 9-5 programming job.
-My favorite Key protagonist is Tomoya.
-My favorite Key heroine is Kyou. Or Kurugaya. Or Fuuko. Or Komari. Orā€¦ (Ah, I canā€™t choose! Theyā€™re all great!)
-Iā€™m a huge fan of Touhou Project, especially the music and even more so the remixes.
-The only kind of music I ever listen to lately is video game/anime soundtracks
-I enjoy soccer
-Iā€™ve been studying Japanese for ~3 months now and (slowly) going through the raw Lucky Star manga.

@komaeda
Hello fellow new user! Iā€™m also a big fan of the Dangan Ronpa series. My favorite one is probably DR2.

7 Likes