Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @Ecstasy and @Meyvol. Glad you two could make it.

You know what they say: better late, than never. :wink:

It would be hilariously awesome if “Twist and Shout” plays immediately after that. :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! :smile: :blush:

Feels like I’m just in time actually. I’d been on the fence concerning the Patreon for The K.E.Y. for a while. And with posting here, I decided to back the $20 per month level which will reach the three month minimum for the physical copy just as contributions stop being accepted. Obviously it won’t be coming immediately after that, but still feels like perfect timing. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the big world of Kazamatsuri, @Meyvol!

I also really hope you don’t think of The K.E.Y. as a product, ahaha. You’ll be able to get it for a lot cheaper after release, donations are entirely an optional thing and we’re only giving away free copies of the book as a token of thanks for generosity.

1 Like

Well, regardless, my $20 a month is there for at least three months. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi. My name is Milton. I live in New York in the U.S… I recently saw the rewrite anime(which is now my favorite key anime/game=D) and was intrigued to see more of key’s work. I just finished charlotte a few days after i saw rewrite, and I plan on seeing little busters, kanon, clannad, planetarian, and getting all the visual novels.I found kazamatsuri through a visualkey subreddit. When I first went to this website, I was amazed at all of the content on it and all of the fourms were very diverse. I think this is a nice community Outside of key, I watch anime, play videogames, do things with my computer, and read manga sometimes.Right now, I am learnign japanese in my school. I hope to stay in this community for a long time.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @mwillacey71 !!! I am new to the forum too, just joined a few days ago, I hope you have an amazing time with this site and hope to be your friend!!! I LOVE Rewrite!!! If you ever wanna talk about it, let me know!!! I’m willing to talk all day about it!!! :smile: :blush:

1 Like

It’s very nice to meet you, @mwillacey71! I’ve been with Kazamatsuri for almost a year and I really think you’ll enjoy being here. :grinning: We’re a really great community and we love to hear your thoughts about Key topics and discussions.

I really love Key so much that when I first came here, everyone was really friendly and I felt very welcome. I hope you’ll stay with us and I would love to be good friends with you! :grin: So, welcome aboard! :wink:

Welcome :smiley: and, well, its unusual that you liked Rewrite through anime :smiley: but nice to meet you :wink:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m from Paranaque.

Ooh, Metro Manila! I’m actually from Tarlac (in Central Luzon), but I study somewhere in Quezon City. :smiley:

I see! Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Looks like you and me are in the same city, eh. Nice to see you on here, and hope we can hang out sometime :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, i go by Aria.
I’ve seen every Key anime, though i haven’t really touched the games (money problems, and the time required is intimidating on a lot of them). I came across Kazamatsuri from googling discussions about CLANNAD - Hikari Mimamoru Sakamichi de.

I’m a theoretical physicist, metaphysicist, and philosopher. Self taught. I have a lot of huge scientific and fiction based projects on the go, and spend my downtime (and slump time) with anime and the like. While i wouldn’t call myself a diehard Key fan, stories like Clannad are very dear to me. Clannad changed me as a person when i first saw it; it told me many profound things like “explaining the world with the most beautiful words” and even just putting the lives of everyone into perspective. Everyone has their own troubles, and are usually victims of circumstance, i’m not convinced there really is any “evil” anywhere.

Before getting into life and spending time studying, i used to watch a lot of anime… I mean it, just look at my MAL… I still watch a fair bit. I consider myself a semi-expert on akiba culture (making me an honorary akiba-kei), and am well studied in psychology and tropes; i do a lot of fiction study in the things i watch/read, mainly because i seek inspiration and learning of how to articulate details in my own story.

If i might say, i’m pretty impressed with this very modern forum UI (tired of all the ancient board code around lol).

Well, you probably didn’t expect an intro like that, but that’s too bad, cuz i’m here! Haha.

12 Likes

Welcome and hope to see you analysis on some of the stories down here =)
Time required to read through Key-titles is indeed not short, but I suggest you to try them. You may start with Clannad and find even more sides to the work you’ve liked =)

1 Like

Welcome in our cozy community, @GenesisAria!
As Khsell said, it’s definitely worth trying Key Novels out, since you said that money is also a reason, I can recommend one of the cheaper and shorter ones available in the western market, planetarian. Scaling up in price from there would be Tomoyo After, a nice continuation of the Tomoyo route from Clannad. As you’ve watched the anime, I’m guessing you also watched the OVA that basically did look at the Tomoyo route, so you’re ready to go from there. On the same price-level would be Harmonia, the newest Novel by Key. Definitely also recommended.

So have fun here, looking forward to your posts.

2 Likes

Welcome @GenesisAria, glad that you could make it here. [quote=“GenesisAria, post:2292, topic:49”]
tired of all the ancient board code around lol
[/quote]

I don’t think I ever experienced that, but I can imagine it’s a bit of a pain to navigate? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Khsellhu, post:2293, topic:49, full:true”]
Welcome and hope to see you analysis on some of the stories down here =)
Time required to read through Key-titles is indeed not short, but I suggest you to try them. You may start with Clannad and find even more sides to the work you’ve liked =)[/quote]
It’s been on the to-do list for a very long time, along with numerous other VNs and manga haha. I’m not sure how much i’ll contribute, because i’m not much of a detail analyzer, but more of a pattern observer. I focus on ananke study (necessity, inevitability; most probable conclusions).

@VyseGolbez Yeah, it’ll take time. I don’t have as much motivation when it comes to reading stuff as opposed to watching stuff haha. I find watching much more relaxing. That said, i have to focus my money on necessities and science equipment ^^;

@Inuconandoyle I just mean how 99% of forums look like they were made in the 90’s.

At any rate, thank you for the the welcomes, and i hope to stick around~

It’s very nice to meet you, @GenesisAria! I think you’ll enjoy being here at Kazamatsuri! I was just looking at your MAL profile and it is really interesting to see how much anime you’ve enjoyed so far. The first part of your profile on top was really inspirational and that shows how much you really see life as how it truly is. I recently just made a MAL profile myself not too long ago. I watch a lot of anime too as well so that’s pretty much a given there. Anyway, as the others have stated, most of the Key VNs do take time to read and there’s no rush to it so whenever you have the chance to I would say go for it.

I liked your introduction as I never met someone like you and I think that’s really cool about your scientific career. But yeah, we definitely love to hear your thoughts on many Key discussions and other topics as well. So with that in mind, welcome aboard and enjoy our nice, warm atmospheric community here with us! :wink:

Hello Guys!

I would like to introduce myself formally. My name is Gustavo Woltmann from Panama! hope to have more friends in this forums. Also please don’t forget to stay happy to all! Have a nice day everyone!

6 Likes