Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to Kazamatsuri, Lucy! You may have the most interesting background I’ve seen in a long time here. :smile:

That’s pretty impressive. One of my IRL sisters would love to talk with you. XD

That’s pretty much how I got into Key, as well. Of course, I wouldn’t read the VN until a few years after, but what could I do about that?

Angel Beats is good. Not my favorite, but I liked it despite how rushed the anime’s story was. I, too, am anticipating the Angel Beats! VNs, especially since VA’s been so generous with their announcements of overseas releases these past few months. :3

I’ve read and written just as long, if not longer. In fact, you might have what it takes to be part of the Bookclubs we have every now and then. Don’t forget to take part in the forum discussion, especially Angel Beats since you seem to really like that series. :wink:

Once again, welcome to our humble home for Key fans and lurkers alike! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone !
I’m dominique… 21 years of age… a student in programming…

i like to watch anime
play basketball, volleyball, and sepak takraw… but i’m not that good… kay?

5 Likes

It’s nice to have you with us, @an1m3b0y, and I think you’ll enjoy being here with us at Kazamatsuri. There are many Key discussions going on as well as many other topics to talk about and feel free to have your thoughts presented to us. We don’t judge people as we are like a big family. It is a really great community and when you reach Dango status, you can join Discord to chat with many others. I hope you enjoy your time being here. :smile:

Hi!!! I’m Thành but just call me Tedder. I’m Vietnamese and one of the member of Vietnam fan key club.
I’m interested in Clannad and that was my first anime and visual novel i have ever enjoyed.
Nice to meet you all and hope that we can be friends together!!!

11 Likes

Hello!

I’m a computer science undergrad in the US. I started watching anime a couple years ago, and CLANNAD got me into Key’s work. Of Key’s anime adaptations, I’ve seen CLANNAD, Kanon (2006), Angel Beats!, and AIR. I’m currently watching the Planetarian adaptation (and loving it).

I found Planetarian on Steam back in May or so and decided to give it a try as my first visual novel, and I found Kazamatsuri’s book club podcast for it afterwards. I’m currently playing through CLANNAD, and I hope I’ll be able to join in on the Tomoyo After book club if I’m not too busy with school.

Outside of Key and other visual novels and anime, my hobbies are playing piano (mostly arrangements of anime and game soundtracks), making furniture, and playing board or video games. I’ve been attempting to learn Japanese in my free time since around February, and I’ll be taking it as a class this fall. I’m on Steam and Hummingbird.me as EkonFain. I’m looking forward to my time here!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, @EkonFain !

Actually, I can relate to at least half of the things you said about yourself, which makes me think we might be good Friends. :kurumu:

Indeed, I’ll be looking forward to seeing your posts in the Tomoyo’s After bookclub.

Have a great time here with us, enjoy the fórum!

1 Like

Hi there, this is Nemo speaking.
I’m actually a Super Mod of Key Fans Club (KEYFC for short, a Chinese Key Fans Forum since 2002).
Just recently discovered this forum due to seeing the website coming up a lot in Steam Community Hubs of CLANNAD.

First Impression: Compared to the slow pace of KEYFC nowadays, Kazamatsuri is far more lively.

Now, following the prompts…

• I’m Chinese but is currently working in Canada in the Video Games field. English is not my first language.
  • I’ve read all KEY works including ONE and MOON. I also headed the Chinese Fan Translation of ONE back in 2009. However, my favourite work would still be Kanon, and while Mio (Not the LB one, the ONE one), Kanna, Fuuko, Komari, Shizuru and Kagari are all my favs, the #1 Key Heroine will always be Ayu.
  • Outside of KEY works, I’m actually not that great a fan of Anime and Video Games despite working in the field, it’s less “I don’t like them” but more “I have no time for them over all my work.” Though I still trying to find time to play Danmaku Shooting games, Rhythm Games, Puzzle games and Yugioh. I also work freelance as a translator and music composer.
9 Likes

Hello @nemoma!

Well, this is an interesting story you have with KEY, you’ve been following them for a long time! I’m sure you will more than fit with us here, so take your time to read the forum and participate.

I’ll be looking forward to your participation in the Tomoyo’s After Bookclub that starts this August!

Have fun in the forum!

I like your taste. :slight_smile:

I’d argue for Shizuru being number one, but Ayu is a fine choice, too.

Anyway, welcome to Kazamatsuri! I hope you enjoy your time here, and like @Mogaoscar said, please look forward to the Tomoyo After Bookclub! Hopefully there will be another best girl in there~ :blush:

1 Like

What’s up guys! This is the first forum I’ve actually ever been apart of lol. I normally don’t do this sort of thing, but this looked so cool I just had to join. Key is what got me watching anime and reading Japanese visual novels in the first place. Before then all I ever watched was Naruto as a kid. But then my brother showed me Angel Beats…
They say I’m still crying to this day…
In all seriousness though, Key is what got me into watching anime AT ALL. By watching series like Angel Beats, Kanon, Little Busters and Clannad, I made a mind blowing discovery about anime: it is unlike any other entertainment medium. It’s so unique, and is not just a bunch of shows about ninjas. (I’m so ashamed that’s what I thought anime was when I was younger. Thanks toonami.). I don’t know exactly what it is about Key anime and visual novels, but the way it delivers seriously emotional moments, deep and relatable characters, and impactful stories that are life-changing is incomparable in my book to anything else I have ever seen.
I seriously consider Clannad to be my personal favorite piece of literature ever. Like, better than any other book, video game, show, etc.
It’s simply THE BEST in my book lol.
I look forward to meeting you all and talking about my favorite Key series!
CLANNAD FTW!
Oh, and I’ve been a musician for almost a decade now. Drums are life. Going to college to study music.
Yoshino is my idol.

11 Likes

I really love clannad too!
It give a lot of important lesson
I cry a lot when watching the after story

3 Likes

You can never have enough Yoshino in your life.

Anyway, my favourite KEY work is CLANNAD too, so I guess we’ll get along pretty well.

Don’t worry too much about it. You’ll fit just fine.

I’m starting to think that Kazamatsuri is slowly becoming a meeting point for pro musicians. Hell, you’re too many, you are overwhelming me. :kyogrin:

With this said, I hope that you have a great time discussing here with us and I hope to see you in the Tomoyo’s After Bookclub that is being held from the 15th of August onwards.

Cheers and enjoy!

Hey guys o/
I am kotakkun, a new member, nice to meet you all ^^

I love Key ever since I saw Clannad and before I knew it…it was my fav VN group :smiley:
My favourite character of all Key’s Works is probably Kotori from Rewrite, although I really like Yui from Angel Beats too xD

Well, I hope we can get along well ^^

7 Likes

Welcome @kotakkun! I’m happy to see that new members keep joining us. Have a great time with us, and remember to appear in our Tomoyo After discussions once the bookclub starts on the 15th of August.

Not my best choice, but definitely a good one. May I ask why?

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome @Mogaoscar ^^
Well, maybe her character. She’s funny to the point she captivated me and her story made me cry ; v ;

(And to be honest I fall in love with pink haired girls too easily…I don’t know why xDDD)

1 Like

Yeah, I expected something along the lines of her being funny, but somehow thought that you may have liked something more specific about her. Well, nevermind…

Anyway, once again, I’m happy to have you with us!

Welcome to all of the new faces!

@lulucandy, @an1m3b0y, @Thanh-Tedder, @EkonFain, @nemoma, @Ongaku, @kotakkun

I’ve been fairly busy and have been neglecting to give people proper welcomes, so here’s one for all of you. I hope you enjoy your time here and help to make happy memories!

3 Likes

hey! my name is hououin kyoma and im a mad scientist who lives in algeria. the first key work i watched was angel beats back 2010, wich later led me to watch all other key animes (except for kanon and rewrite). after that i started playing their vns like clannad and little busters!.
my favorite vn so far is little busters!
and my favorite key characters are kanade from AB and kyousuke from LB
I hope i get along with evryone!
El…Psy…congroo

9 Likes

Welcome @Mad_Scientist! You’ll find that Kazamatsuri is far out of the reach of the Organization, so we hope to see you around.

2 Likes

Thanks!