Introduce Yourself!

You can do it! Practice! ^^

1 Like

I don’t have enough motivation… (-_-)

If I have something I really, REALLY want to read, I would use machine translation to read it. (-_-)

…Yeah, I know. I’m a lazy human being.

Motivation is important. Maybe find an untranslated visual novel that you really want to read and use that to push yourself?

[quote=“PRONTO3000, post:758, topic:49”]If I have something I really, REALLY want to read, I would use machine translation to read it. (-_-)

…Yeah, I know. I’m a lazy human being.[/quote]
It just sounds like there isn’t anything that knowing Japanese would help you do that you couldn’t do some other way. It sounds like figuring out what you would do with a knowledge of Japanese is a good place to start. Maybe there’s an online community you want to interact with or a live TV series that won’t receive translation.

I been trying to learn Japanese so that I can read untranslated VNs, but it takes too much time and without me knowing, the VN I wanted to read has already been translated (ahemrewriteahem).

Maybe learning Japanese would help me in the long run, but for now, I guess I will stick with machine translation and or wait for the unofficial/official translation of the VN I wanted to read to come up.

Welcome @PRONTO3000!

You do. To read Rewrite HF ;D.
I have too a little problem with japanese too, and that is Kanji (pls I remember only 100 and I should know around 300 by now), but the trick is to repeat and study them until it gets automatical when you look at it :p. Hope you gonna practice, its really easy when you get used to it ;).

Im addicted to games huehue, if you have any good games that are worth playing you can visit our gaming topic to discuss about them.

Blackmailing is evil! [>_<]
Also, they’re already a translation project of it. I’m a patient guy.

Of course.

Haha I didnt mean it as blackmailing, I just wanted to give you a purpose why you should have motivation :D.
Anyways Im waiting for the translations too :p.

I’m gonna be the only one to tell you this in this topic, but if you aren’t motivated, then you don’t need to focus on it. If you aren’t motivated, then you don’t really want it strongly enough. And I would suggest putting your effort into something you are more motivated in!
At least, something equally productive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sure, it’d be nice to read a story you couldn’t read otherwise, but it ain’t the end of the world if you can’t

5 Likes

I read the project page and it seems that the guy already finished translating the script of Kotori’s, Chihaya’s, and Akane’s route. That’s quite fast.

b(T-T)d

That’s a nice opinion.

Hi! I don’t think I’ve introduced myself. I’m Chesca. I’m from the Philippines. I first watched Clannad when I was 11 or 12 I think. Since then, I looked forward to KEY adaptations. My fav would be Little Busters! because of Mio and Refrain.

Me. I grew up reading When They Cry. I teach in sunday school where I occasionally get into wrestling matches with the kids. Mostly we talk about morality. I am writing a supernatural novel so it has ghosts, dwarves, and college. I draw a lot that it’s almost a nuisance. The turtle moves.

I can’t say I’m an avid KEY fan enough to join an organization like Kazamatsuri. The AIR book club gave me a boost so I’ll probably pop here from time to time. I’m enjoying this place so far =D

7 Likes

Welcome!

Don’t worry about your “Key-fanness,” the fact that you’re here at all proves that. You’ve contributed some great discussion so far, so I sure hope to see you around even after the AIR BOOKCLUB~

Continue enjoying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello fellow Filipino! :smiley: I’m still surprised how there are so few of us here despite us being all over the Internet. Then again, I don’t know much Key fans personally either so… shrugs

The fact that you watched the anime and bothered to read the Visual Novels are a good enough reason! I think taking the effort to read one of their VNs is what separates the casuals from the true fans ;D

1 Like

Thanks! The book club was really a great opportunity for me to know KEY better. Before, I just thought they made sad stories but it’s becoming more than that from a new perspective.

Didn’t think of it that way. Maybe I am a fan. It’s just that KEY’s stories isn’t the type you’d hype about. It’s the type that stays with you that it’s almost personal. And whenever their stories end, it’s complete. It doesn’t spawn more into multiple series. It ends.

3 Likes

Welcome @PRONTO3000 and @chesca. :smiley:

Cool. Looking forward to reading whenever the chance is possible. :smiley:

Yeah, I listened to the Rewrite OST sometime last year and it’s pretty awesome and gives a nice Fantasy feel. Still need to read Rewrite though. ^^;

1 Like

Welcome @chesca!

Yo, I tought im overhyped Key fan… then I met kaza and saw those crazy goodies everyone has I was beggining to ask myself if Im an avid Key fan myself.
I havent read most of the VNs, only rewrite, but on the other hand I saw all the animes.
I think you dont have to worry about that :p.
The fact that you have some experience with Key and that it affected you of thinking that youre a fan of Key’s, and that you are willing to continue getting to know Key, is what really matters in my opinion.

1 Like

And THAT’s what I love about Key and visual novels in general. What makes a good story is also its ending, and having to wait weeks upon weeks for an ending eventually gets daunting.

…same xP

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of us are familiar with you by now, but thanks for taking the time to properly introduce yourself @chesca! I’m glad to see you could join us on the forums! Your contributions have been very warmly received.

But now you’ve got me thinking about Kazamatsuri.org. We promote ourselves as a home for Key fans, but I’m beginning to wonder if that’s alienating more people than we’d like. I mean, we’re happily accepting of anybody who wants to come and discuss Key’s stories with us, whether they’re a fan or not. So I can’t help but wonder if by calling ourseleves a home for Key fans, we might be alienating lots of people who would be able to contribute some great discussion…

Anyway, don’t mind me, thinking aloud. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m HikariJake, and I just randomly found this website while browsing Key things on Google xD And I have to say, after I looked around the forums and the blog a bit, I really quite like this site :3

I live in Illinois, USA, and I got into all things Key after watching Clannad around 2 years ago. Not only was it my first experience with Key, but it was also one of the first anime that I watched! It was so beautifully touching, that right after I finished it, I had to watch another anime by the same company; and so I watched Kanon, then Air, and then I absolutely fell in love with Key’s stories. Since then, I’ve watched Angel Beats! and Little Busters!, as well, and I have completed Ayu’s route in Kanon. I’ve read some of Rewrite and the Clannad visual novel too, but now I am waiting for Sekai Project to release it sometime this year on Steam before I continue on with Clannad. I very much plan to read more of Key’s visual novels in the future, starting with Planetarian as I have recently bought it on Steam :smiley:
As for my interests outside of Key, well… I watch a lot of anime! My favorite genres of anime would have to be romance/comedy/drama/slice of life, but I also like action. Other than anime, I do play video games, and I am a fairly big fan of Nintendo.

I hope to be joining in on discussions here sometime soon!!

7 Likes

Welcome! Nice to meet you. I’m fairly new here as well.

I’m doing the same thing (Clannad). Having seen both of the seasons and the movie, I’m waiting only for the official English release to complete the experience. :slight_smile:

Planetarian is absolutely wonderful, I’m looking forward to your thoughts on it when you’ve completed it! Likewise with other topics that may come up. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like