Introduce Yourself!

I’m 42 Megabytings. Sci-fi nerd and Planetarian superfan from New Jersey. Seen all of Air, a bit of Kanon, nothing of Clannad, played Planetarian a few too many times to count.

I found Kazamatsuri while looking for news on the Planetarian anime release, looking for clues if it was an April Fool’s joke or not, and then found out it was in fact real.

I’m a science fiction fan and crazy about racing. Before a robot stole my heart (and about the same time Sailor Venus did as a little kid), speed was my first true love.

Though that’s not to say they don’t dovetail anymore…

7 Likes

nice to meet you, @42Megabytings. Welcome to kaza.
I hope you have fun with us here. :smile:

1 Like

I like your style, buddy. Welcome, and post a lot.

This route is so much worth it.

Interesting. Visual novels are very slow, so that’s a nice contrast. I kind of identify with you since my two hobbies in the last years have been inhumanly fast-paced rhythm/fighting games and visual novels.

I hope to talk a lot to the newcomers! You seem like very interesting people…

2 Likes

Hey @42Megabytings! Always glad to see more planetarian fans around here. You should definitely check out our planetarian bookclub! It was our first time doing something like that so it shows its age, but there’s some really amazing content and analysis that came out of it, so be sure to give it a look!

1 Like

Hey guys I’m Jordan from Bristol, England.
I’m still fairly new to visual novels but love what’s I’ve gotten through so far. From key so far I have only gotten through little busters and Planetarian so far but both touched me so much. If anyone could give me tips on how to start learning the Japanese language I would appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

8 Likes

Welcome to our club! You should check you our Japanese Language topic for discussion and plenty of resources/tips on that~

3 Likes

Nice to meet you @Jordan1992. Welcome to kaza. I hope you have fun with us.
Regarding your question:.[quote=“Jordan1992, post:1897, topic:49”]
If anyone could give me tips on how to start learning the Japanese language I would appreciate it.
[/quote]The best way to learn anything is to take a course ( I know it sounds a bit obvious but let’s call a horse a horse). I myself took 3 sessions of japanese and I have to say, if you give it enough time and dedication, it will come in quickly and quite easily. I’ve got lots of language courses in the past, and japanese is to my own surprise the second easiest I’ve studied besides English.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately there is only 1 Japanese tutor near me and her rates are abit rich for my blood at £85 per hour session.

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m Madekuji, from the Philippines, and I do stuffs! Anyways, I guess I could consider myself a new Key fan, since I’ve only ever known Key works recently. I’m a huge fan of Little Busters! (even though I haven’t played the VN much and most of my knowledge from LB! is from the anime), although I have recently finished watching Charlotte (btw the Bookclub podcasts are amazing) and I do plan to try playing Clannad soon. I somehow in some way managed to find Kazamatsuri through the /r/littlebusters subreddit, through the aphorism generator topic. Interests aside from Key include being a gamer, an otaku, blogging, forum lurking, dealing with software, and other stuffs. I’m very interested in the kind of community stuff that this place has, and I would really love to join in as well!

8 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri!!

Looks like we have an expanding Philippine fandom right here. :))

2 Likes

Nice to meet you, @Madekuji_san I hope you have fun with us on kaza. :smile:

2 Likes

`@SymphoniaXX, @harry_kinomoto, @42Megabytings, @Jordan1992 and @Madekuji_san. Welcome here, “May the good memories be with you.”

2 Likes

Over the past week I’ve had two people try to recruit me here, so I figured I might as well bite the bullet and make some use of this account I made over a year ago. You can call me Skyforger, Sky, Stranger (old handle that still gets thrown around a lot), whatever you want. I’ve been a fan of Key since October 2013. I was taken on as a moderator for the Adventure Time subreddit back then and immediately after the head mod started throwing anime my way. One of the first was Angel Beats. At that point I was probably already hooked in but it followed with Kanon 2006, Air, and then CLANNAD in February 2014. Since then I’ve also watched Little Busters and Charlotte, and then played through Planetarian, Rewrite, part of One Kagayaku Kisetsu e and am now working on the Clannad VN. I’m a pretty diehard Key fanboy at this point. Other than that I’m a massive metalhead, love reading fantasies and history books, and am also super weeb. And just in case you want to follow my unbridled insanity I’m TheSkyforger on Twitter. Thanks for having me, and I’ll try to keep at least fairly active on here.

7 Likes

Oooh, I used to check that a bunch some years ago, but it was always quiet. It’s a bit busier now since the discussion threads came about, but aside from the Stakes series, I haven’t watched the show in a couple years.

I actually haven’t touched Adventure Time since December 2013 and quit as sub mod not long after. They got me so into anime I lost interest in the show…

Yo!
I’m Razor from Indonesia.
I found this site because recomended from my friend.
Though I new, I already watch this site before I joined.
My fav key project is Rewrite, because plot and chara is nice. Though my first key is Little busters.
My fav chara is Yoshino Haruhiko.
DON’T EVER UNDERESTIMATE HIM.

Well, Yoroshiku.

7 Likes

Wow, looks like we’re growing. Hehe, I don’t just feel like the new guy. Welcome, you guys.

3 Likes

Well, here I am. To be honest, this will be my first post/reply ever in an Internet community, so it’s a bit weird, I don’t really know how to start…

So, to start off, I live in Spain and got into anime pretty much 6 months ago. My first Key anime was Angel Beats! It was the third anime I had watched and got me crying for a while when I finished it. After that, I still didn’t know Key so I just continued watching other animes until I came across CLANNAD (anime). That was a story that had me thinking on philosophycal matters for some time. It became my favourite anime and still is. It was at this moment that I discovered what Key was.

I then watched Kanon (2006), Air and Little Busters! I enjoyed all those shows quite a lot, especially LB! After some time I discovered about the Sekai Project translation of CLANNAD, and grabbed and read it as it came out. From there on, I read LB! with an English translation patch.

I have also recently watched Charlotte and I’m now in the process of Reading Angel Beats! First Beat with VNR and the little japanese that I know. I also plan on reading Rewrite before the anime airs.

This pretty much covers the first two questions. As for how I found Kazamatsuri… I have certainly come across it a couple times, but this time, when I decided to join it, it was because I was looking up for a translation of Iwasawa’s letter in Angel Beats! VN.

Interests outside of Key, anime and all this are plenty. I enjoy videogames, building drones, listening to music, learning languages, watching Formula 1…

As of now, I must have bored you to tears. The pity is, I’m not really that funny so I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it up to you. Still, I’m happy that this community exists and I’m looking forward to participating in discussions.

As a side note, I have to thank the creator of this community for the mere fact of creating it, the webmaster or designer for this clean design where everything stands out and information is easy to find, and finally, everyone in the community for being so educated when aswering posts (you really accomplished your goal Aspirety).

tl;dr: Thanks to everyone, I hope I can have a good time discussing with you!

9 Likes

Welcome! :smiley:

And don’t worry too much about not being “funny” enough. We can always have “boring” academic discussions on Key and it will work out just fine. Plus when it comes to a person’s mind jokes typically just come out as randomly as it can get. So yeah don’t think too much about it. XD

1 Like

Hi I’m Niles I live in America my favorite series from key is Angel beats and clannad

5 Likes