Introduce Yourself!

I guess I’ll just post what I put on my profile.

Hello everyone, I am Rippleshadow, but you can call me Ripple. I’m a 17 year old female in the U.S.A. whose interest in anime is a result of interest in the Japanese language, not the other way around. Also, I really like eating chicken.
My first exposure to Key was in 2012 when I watched Angel Beats!, and I became a “fan” of Key in 2013 when I watched Clannad.

I’ll list my favorite Key works from best to worst, although I love every Key work I’ve watched (I’ve only experienced the anime, not the VNs)

1. Angel Beats! and Clannad Afterstory
  2. Kanon 2006
  3. Little Busters! Refrain
  4. Clannad
  5. Air
  6. Planetarian
  7. Little Busters!
  8. Charlotte
6 Likes

Have you heard of our lord and savior Leeroy?

You have good taste nod nod

I think a lot of Key fans are disappointed with Charlotte right now. It still has potential… but I think it’s too late to be anything better than great.

1 Like

Hey hey, same here! I knew there must be someone else out there :smiley:

[quote=“Rippleshadow, post:1365, topic:49”]
I’ve only experienced the anime, not the VNs
[/quote]I don’t know what your plans are, but you should definitely definitely check out the VNs. They are all much better than their anime adaptations, some of them head and shoulders so.

Anyways, welcome to Kazamatsuri! You’ll most certainly be seeing me around, so I hope to see you around too! (b^^)b

2 Likes

Nice to meet you @Rippleshadow. I hope you have a great time with us here. :slight_smile:

Welcome Rippleshadow! Are you sure you didn’t mean for Kanon 2006 to be first? :wink: Anyway I hope you can enjoy the visual novels soon! They really are wonderful

Disagree completely. It is too early to judge it because it HAS NOT finished it. The interactions between the characters are good imo, Yuu is a very good protagonist, the soundtrack is great, the anime has been getting better and better since episode 5… It still has potential to be a masterpiece. Also, hello @Rippleshadow

Welcome to the forum @Rippleshadow,

My story is quite similar… I’m relatively new to this world too.
But let me tell you this: try at least one VN.

Find which anime you love the most and then go for the VN.
I see Clannad / Clannad After Story is in your list. Great! There you’ll have quality guaranteed and pure “Keyness” in my opinion.

I’m currently reading Rewrite. It is a good option, although it is quite different to previous Key works…
Anyway, I can’t stop reading it… and, who knows, maybe someday it will become an anime and we will enjoy the story the other way around: VN first, then anime.

(I wish I had experienced LB in that order!) :slight_smile:

Welcome again, have fun and share you thoughts!
zetaF!

Ahoihoi @Rippleshadow, good to have you here

Hi there @RippleShadow. Glad you could make it. Love the profile pic you have. :3

Welcome @Rippleshadow!
I hope you have a fun time here!

Thank you to all who greeted me~

I do really want to play Key VNs someday, but I’ll have to wait until I can actually buy them.
Also, I don’t understand how people legally obtain copies of them in English.
I think I forgot to mention best girls are Mai, Shiina, and Ushio. Or am I supposed to choose best guy? Best guy is Kyousuke, because of that one scene where Komari is like “Guts! Courage! Friendship!” and Kyousuke immediately accepts her onto the team. Also because he is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa.
And my favorite Key OST without words is probably Natsukage.

@Takafumi - I have not heard of Leeroy :stuck_out_tongue:
As for Charlotte, I do expect it to get better, and it will probably end up higher on my list, but it hasn’t really captivated me yet like most Key works do in the beginning.
@Yerian - High fives
I’ve heard from pretty much everyone that the VNs are better so they must be, which makes me anxious to play them. Like I said before, I think i’ll have to wait a little longer…
@DMB - Thank you, I hope to have a good time too.
@Glenn_Irish - Haha, seems like a lot of people here are actually Kanon fans. I don’t see that on a lot of other anime websites.
I actually didn’t like Kanon very much the first time I watched it, but then I rewatched it and I was so appalled I hadn’t liked it the first time.
@sillylittlemelody - I agree that it still has potential to be a masterpiece, although I haven’t particularly liked the characters so far. And hello!
@zetaFairlight - Yeah, I really want to play Clannad; I heard an English version will be released on Steam sometime, which, if possible, I’m going to get. I also want to play Little Busters! because I feel like they must not have adapted each girl’s route very well. EDIT: I just realized your profile pic is the art for Hero no Jouken and I LOVE that soundtrack.
@Skyzzed - Thank you :slight_smile:
@Inuconandoyle - Thanks, your profile pic is pretty as well.
@joeross75 - I will definitely try; I feel like I’ve found my internet home.

4 Likes

Perfectly reasonable excuse. As for the English part, we buy the Japanese game and apply an English, fan-made patch. As for the VNs that dont have patches yet, a couple people actually know enough Japanese to read them, and some others have used machine translators to help assist them in reading.

Of course, now with planetarian last year, CLANNAD in November, and rumors of Harmonia at the end of the year in English officially, we’re all hoping that someday all of Key works will get this treatment~

Good taste.

Welcome to @Daniel268, @Celly and @Rippleshadow! Glad you could all join us!

@Rippleshadow, if you’re looking for info on where to buy and how to read Key’s games, we have an entire series of pages dedicated to providing that info on the front of the site under our series info menu! See here! But also, CLANNAD will be receiving an official English release on Steam very soon, so be sure to keep an eye on that!

I think all people who like Key products have good taste :wink:
And thank you for the link, I will definitely read that.

Wooo, even more good taste!

There’s a lot of people who don’t care for it here. It’s a mixed bag of opinions~

When is that even happening? This year?

November is the current expected date I believe.

Hello everyone!

I’m YahikoPath, but just call me Yahiko. I’ve been reading Kazamatsuri top pics for a time now, and I’ve decided to make an account and join the family.

I’m a 18 years male from Spain, and I’m a huge Key lover. I’ve watched the anime of Angel Beats!, Little Busters, Kanon 2006, Air and I’m currently watching Charlotte. About the VN, I’ve read Rewrite, Clannad, Little Busters and Planetarian. My first Key work was Angel Beats and instantly I’ve fell in love with it. After that I became the Key fan I am right now. My favourite Key work is Rewrite, with Little Busters and Angel Beats very close. About my favorite characters, my favorite girls are Kagari, Kanade, Yui, Mio, Rin and Nao (sorry Ayumi, Akane, Nagisa, Yuri, and all the other Key girls, sadly I can’t say all of your names); and my males are Otonashi, Kyousuke, Kotarou, Esaka and Yuu.

And well I think that’s all, I hope I can get along with all of you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri~
I’m also new here so I don’t know much, but I do know everyone here is awesome and thus you will be awesome too.
Angel Beats! was my first Key work as well! * high fives *

1 Like

Welcome @YahikoPath! I hope you enjoy your time on the forums! Rewrite is truly fantastic I can see why it’s your favorite, what was your favorite route (other than Tera :stuck_out_tongue:)?

1 Like

Welcome @YahikoPath ! Glad that you could join!

1 Like