Harmonia - Pre-Release Discussion and Speculation

like the picture says, it releases on steam

Yeh. I know. But they usually release it on the App Store too, so Iā€™m just curiousā€¦

Iirc Itaru Hinoue did the art for Harmonia cuz Na-Ga is doing Angel Beats and Charlotte stuff right now.

1 Like

@EndOfRefrain Its definitely Hinoue. I was pretty confused too when I first saw her new stylistic take on old characters, heh.

@Kotarou No it will not be on the App Store. They do not ā€œusually releaseā€ VNs on the App Store, so Im not sure why you seem to think that. The planetarian English release on the App Store seems to have been a one time thing. It will be on Steam, same as Sekai Projectā€™s releases of planetarian and Clannad.

Someone noticed on Reddit but Sekai Project is credited in the Clannad portion but not the Harmonia. Hope this isnā€™t like the mess of Chiru Chiru.

1 Like

@Yerian

Iā€™m pretty sure the only VNs there are Air and Kanon. Operation War isnā€™t and the rest is labeled as books which is probably either manga or light novels.

Yeah, there hasnt been any announcement that Harmonia is gonna be under Sekai Project, and theyre not usually ones to keep their mouths shut about stuff like this. Im unaware of the so-called ā€œChiru Chiru messā€, but Id assume Key just doesnt want to be locked in with Sekai Project.

@Kotarou Most of those are the Little Busters! side stories. And Kanon and AIR are both in Japanese. And that even if we were gonna count them, along with planetarian that would only be 3 of Keyā€™s 13 VNs. Thats no where near what I would call usual.

Front Wing got someone else to do the translation of the Grisaia spinoff and it was no where near the quality of The Fruit of Grisaia. Thereā€™s other issues such as Sekai was already supposed to do that and it contains spoilers for the second and third novels which obviously arenā€™t an issue here. Iā€™m just worried about translation quality.

Does anyone know where this magazine came from?

No idea. I only posted it because Sekai Project RTed it. Maybe a promo for anime weekend or whatever itā€™s called.

Thereā€™s also Holy Breaker, and some of the other VNā€™s are on the Andriod store.

I donā€™t have any doubts that Harmonia will be released on mobile, most likely via anigema, in Japanese.

English, however, Iā€™m not so confident. If they do, then I will gladly purchase it over steam, but Iā€™m not counting on it.

@Yerian I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t. So far Planetarian is the only key game theyā€™ve released and it went to mobile, and Harmonia seems like a similar game in terms of style, while thatā€™s not much to go on I see it as evidence that the possibility of them releasing Harmonia as well is pretty good.

So I tried looking at a larger version of the picture, and this is what it says:
ā€œIn commemoration of the 15th anniversary of Key ā€œHarmoniaā€ will be released in English worldwide on steam, even before its release in Japan!ā€

ā€¦well now

Iā€™m guessing in Japan it will release at Comiket like you said earlier which I think is December 26 which would pretty much be December 25th in North America. Releasing a game on Christmas in North America is a really bad idea so itā€™s probably a few days earlier or something.

Comiket is actually on the 29th so I could imagine them releasing it simultaneously, like they did with Nekopara

Oh it is? I know I read somewhere it was the 26th but guess I read wrong. No idea then.

thatā€™s actually what I was thinking too. I mean, it would make sense, since the physical release will probably Comiket only, and maybe in certain stores later, like Holy Breaker was.

I wonder if the physical copy will be bilingualā€¦