Harmonia - Pre-Release Discussion and Speculation

Uh…

Visual Arts is an experienced and fairly respected company though.

1 Like

crap meant Harmonia is same length as planetarian!

Also the reason I kept the thing about FW is technically as far as we know SP getting future VA stuff isn’t confirmed. If they decided to wait for Clannad’s sales to give Harmonia to SP then that would probably be too late. If they gave it to JAST or someone else it seems kinda like a dick move to SP but if SP was never promised future Key/VA stuff then it’s not as bad.

Uh. Harmonia isn’t the same length as Planetarian. Just because they’re small projects, and kinetic visual novels doesn’t mean they’re the same length. I’d be surprised if it was the same length honestly, Harmonia seems like a better and longer version, compared to Planetarian (not that I didn’t like Planetarian, since Yumemi is one of my waifu’s).

Also, I think it’ll be released this year @Achro since Harmonia celebrates Key’s 15th anniversary, and having it come out next year would kinda be pointless.

Harmonia does sound interesting though. Not to mention how the characters look :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Is there any indication it’s not planetarian length? I was going off an assumption most of Key’s staff are busy with Angel Beats than it being called a small project. I could be wrong though. Also if it does release here next year they don’t need to attach any “15th anniversary” stuff to it unless it’s full of references to their other stuff or something. Didn’t they form in 1998 anyway? That’s 17 years ago. Kanon released June 4 1999 which was 16 years ago. I’m not sure why Charlotte/1st Beat/Harmonia have the “15th anniversary” thing.

It’s considered and labeled as the 15th anniversary because, they’re starting from the date Kanon was released. They announced Charlotte, Angel Beats the first beat, and Harmonia in December 2014, so it actually is kinda considered their 15th anniversary. Also, you have to remember, both Na-Ga and Itaru Hinoue draw and do the CG’s. Na-Ga drew the characters for Angel Beats, and Jun Maeda planned mostly the whole thing, considering the first beat is the adaptions of episode 1-10 of the anime series. For Harmonia, Itaru drew the designs for the character sprites (which, I honestly adore more than Angel beats, I mean, look at dem eyes :3 ) Also, isn’t Harmonia lead by Kai ? Meaning they have different amounts working on each one. Also, remember, Angel beats the visual novel was announced back in 2013, as officially being released. It was suppose to be released during spring of 2014, but got pushed back, to summer 2015. So it has had 2 years since its announcement. Meaning there could have and should have been brakes, leading the team being able to do Harmonia. As far as I know, Shinji worked on both Angel beats and Harmonia for music. But this story seems like it has more content than Planetarian.

Note - Yes, other people do the CG’s too. But I’m talking about the character designers since it seems that they control it more.

Isn’t Holy Breaker 2 a thing? Itaru would be working on that as well. The OP mentions Kai is the scenario writer and I see him credited as writing in 1st Beat so I can only assume he’s going to be working on future volumes. Even though they’ve had time I doubt it would be any longer than say Tomoyo After which vndb lists at 10-30 hours which SP’s team that did Clannad in 6 months could probably do in 1 month.

No, they have not announced a release date (or even a name for that matter) for -2nd beat-. “Every 6 months” was the original estimate, but that was also back when release date was Spring 2014, so we really have no idea.

[quote=“Kotarou, post:23, topic:1200”]
Harmonia isn’t the same length as Planetarian.
[/quote](I feel like a broken record) Again, we have no idea how long Harmonia will be. Tipically, KineticNovels arent very long (relatively), so if I had to guess, I would say it would be around the the same length as planetarian.

No, it was “supposed” to “celebrate” Key 15th, but as @Aspirety said up above, it probably got delayed.

[quote=“Doublethree1, post:26, topic:1200”]
Isn’t Holy Breaker 2 a thing? Itaru would be working on that as well. The OP mentions Kai is the scenario writer and I see him credited as writing in 1st Beat so I can only assume he’s going to be working on future volumes.
[/quote]Yes, Kai is both director and scenario for Angel Beats, and scenario for Harmonia. HOLY BREAKER is Hinonie’s own little project, and I would assume that she would probably put Key stuff first.

Honestly though, this entire argument is pointless. If Baba said the plan to release it at the end of this year, then thats when it will be released, unless its delayed.

2 Likes

Isn’t Charlotte suppose to also celebrate their 15th year anniversary ? Cause by that logic, Harmonia’s wasn’t delayed.

Also, Harmonia was announced back in December. Did you honestly expect it to be released the same year ?

Nope.

I think it was:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-22/key-visual-arts-announces-charlotte-tv-anime-for-2015/.82505

This cover for Dengeki G also shows Nao with the title “Key 15th project starter book” http://i1.wp.com/www.otakutale.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Charlotte-Anime-Announcement.jpg?resize=614%2C682

To finish digression on the topic: Charlotte is sort of a celebration of Key’s 15th anniversary, but not as much as Harmonia is. It’s more like “Hey it’s our 15th anniversary and we’ll be doing an anime” whereas Harmonia is more “We’re doing this in celebration of our 15th anniversary”

Digression aside: HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEE!
I’m so happy that we’ll be getting harmonia in english and it just goes to show how much VisualArt’s cares about their foreign market now :smiley: Sure, it won’t be that long, but I’m hoping it’ll be a story that will touch all our hearts.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’ve a question. Unfortunately, I haven’t new informations about the simultaneous release in both English and Japanese of Harmonia but I found this on YouTube : Harmonia OP

Is that true or just a fake ? It’s the same song than the one in the preview so…

Yes that’s the OP. It was released at Key 15th Fes, I have the CD right here~

I see ! It’s a really good song as we could expect from Key.

As long as it’s at least 4 or so hours that should be fine, that was the length of planetarian and that was a masterpiece on is own

True. But I’m hoping for 6+. This concept seems more like an adventure, since he’s on the journey for the feelings. I feel like 4 hours would be too short, but, who knows

1 Like

Oh! I honestly knew nothing of the plot, yeah if it’s an adventure setting 4 won’t be enough if you want to include drama

But, you know, we never know. Hopefully it is sad, I’m a little skeptical about the story.

I’d imagine the length would probably be comparable to planatarian. With most of Key busy with Angel Beats and Jun Meada on Charlotte, it seems like this is more of a side project.

It’s written by Kai (Kyou/Ryou and split Yukine in Clannad and I think director of Angel Beats) so Charlotte has no affect on it.