Harmonia - Pre-Release Discussion and Speculation

Easy day one buy for me. I’m a sucker for Kinetic VNs. They tend to feel more focused and cut out a lot of fluff. Plus Hinoue’s art is tolerable at last.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOO Harmonia Delayed to Spring 2016 :komue: best nakige 2015.

KEY. CONFIRMED. DEAD.

rip

1 Like

Just wondering. But Harmonia’s slogan is “You taught me how important feelings are. There is an everlasting song”
Does this give us hints that Harmonia is gonna have musical numbers/insert songs with vocals ?

1 Like

If Harmonia starts the trend of “Musical VNs” I will gladly accept that with open arms

3 Likes

Has there been any updates on when this might launch on Steam?

If I remember correctly it was supposed to be delayed up until some time in March?.. I think at least.
This has been top of my hype list since before the Clannad bookclub.

I’m also hyped, but alas! There’s no news. Both the Harmonia Steam page and VisualArts news feeds (FB, website, etc.) are all lacking any news.

Someday.

They said “Spring 2016.” That could mean May if we’re unlucky.

1 Like

I’m more thinking “if we’re lucky” at this point, heh…

1 Like

Just so I can get a sense of what we’re dealing with, what was the biggest delay key ever had?

Longest that comes to my mind is prolly Clannad, which was supposed to release on 2002 but got delayed till 2004.

Angel Beats! -1st beat- actually. It was planned since 2010. Was suppose to come out in 2013, then in 2014. Came out in 2015, but was delayed 1 more month too.

Nah, there was never an actual delay for the Angel Beats VN until spring 2014. That was the original release estimate. Over a year is still a pretty long delay though.

1 Like

Just noticed something interesting. The flyer distributed at Anime Central provides a plot summary.

I dunno if it’s something I’ve just missed all this time, but I don’t remember hearing anything about a “Shadow approaching the town” before now. Is this news to anyone else? Could suggest some kind of external source of conflict.

That is new, but it doesn’t really say much. I guess we can speculate that there is an actual antagonist rather than just fate/other force of nature.

1 Like

Shiona gives Rei his name ? That’s interesting.
What’s the meaning behind “Rei” ?

And a shadow ? Well this is gonna be interesting.

Without any context its kinda just guessing, but from personal knowledge, “Rei” could mean a few things:

• In numerous languages, most notably Portuguese, Rei means “king”. You’ll also see it as Rey in other languages.
  • In Latin rei is a form of the noun that means “thing”.
  • A “ray” is a beam of light.

Then there are lots of Japanese meanings of れい or レイ, so I wont even go into those without context from the story.

So without anything but the short summaries that we’ve gotten, the “thing” meaning kinda makes sense. Although, with this new “dark shadow” bit, that makes me think of a “ray of light”, but that is definitely going into “stretching it” territory.

3 Likes

Some easy ones are 令 and 霊 meaning cold and zero respectively. They can both relate to his lack of emotions.

2 Likes

I’m gonna hope for a dual English/Japanese interpretation here. Cold/Zero contrasting Ray of Light makes for some really cool symbolism.

FYI, the official spelling is レイ in Katakana. Could that mean it’s intended to refer to the English ‘ray’?

All names are in katakana. It’s probably more of an atmospheric thing.

1 Like