General Issues

Spoiler-tagged pictures tend to become completely invisible. Random scrolling and clicking seems to help sometimes, but they become invisible again soon after. Incidentally, my browser is Firefox.
Chrome may be better at handling this, though I have only tested it once.

I believe this is related to the same issue…

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is it just me, or did the quality of displayed avatars decrease a lot? They look a lot more pixelated now. They’re totally fine on user profile pages, though.

So it’s not just me… @uppfinnarn
Actually, this could be the result of @kyuketsukimiyu playing around with the theme.

Ah, this is a change on Discourse’s end that broke the way we’ve been customizing the avatar rendering. Fixed now!

If you want some background on this, it’s pretty interesting too.

1 Like

There’s a problem with spoiler tags again. In some of my posts, the site is “hiding” big spoiler-tagged chunks of Text like it would a picture, which weirdly results in the text completely shining through and being visible. There’s an example of it here, in the Index/Railgun section, making it a danger zone (WARNING: broken spoiler Tags, Index NT vol. 14 Spoilers ahead!): Toaru Majutsu no Index / Kagaku no Railgun Series

And the bug is… fixed in the latest build!

I have a post full of different variations of spoiler tags on my staging VM now, so I’ll notice if this happens again.

1 Like

I don’t like the way spoilers work right now, though this is possibly a feature rather than a bug:

Spoiler-tagged text can’t be selected, thus it can’t be copied or quoted. Thus, we have no way of quoting tagged lines in order to reply to them.

Can we do something about this?

For the time being, you can manually copy it, put quote marks and tag the original poster. It’s not ideal, but will do the job until a better solution is found.

Unless it was changed during the two hours between our posts, you can. The highlight doesn’t display, but you can select the text. For example, highlighting a sentence including a spoiler-tagged word will show up like this.

This is weird. When I try to do that, it only copies the non-tagged parts. Could this be browser-related?
(Firefox here)

Maybe. For reference, I’m using Chrome.

It’ seems to work on Microsoft Edge too.

I’m also on Firefox and I have the same problem, so this seems quite likely.

Might have better luck contacting the plugin developer.

You probably heard it a bunch of times already, but there’s still the issue of getting logged out quite frequently. What’s the cause? Can we hope for a fix in the near future?

I’m honestly not sure, I’m suspecting a Discourse bug of some kind. I’ve only started getting it recently myself, which is the weirdest part.

I am unable to vote on the following multi-choice poll: Kaza Movie Night!. Nothing happens when I click on any of the boxes.
The strange part is that while I can’t vote on the first (2 picks) poll, there’s no problem with voting on the second (single choice) poll within the same post.

Browser: Firefox

The second one was still open but I had closed the first one. Its now open again but I’ll be closing it again soon

1 Like

got 2 anniversary badges today:

1. Shouldn’t that last one be '17, not 16?
  2. And why is it July, while the other two were march?