General Gaming Discussion

Sooo today I managed to finish a level that I’ve spent about 3-4 hours to make in a game called soundodger+. And it’s a level of the song “Scene Shifts There” from Rewrite. I always wanted to make a level with a song that is from one of Keys works but I couldn’t really find a song that would be fun to design a level with. But after spending about a hour designing the begining of this song, I found out that this song was perfect for soundodger.

But enough gibberish from me. Here is the level. Hope you guys like it!

2 Likes

Wildstar (an MMORPG) goes free to play in 2 hours, and I’ll be checking it out! With supposedly big updates to make it better!

I saw a lot about this game on launch and it looked pretty interesting, but didn’t check it out because it was a monthly subscription. The telegraph-heavy action-oriented kinda-skill-shot-y combat certainly seemed to be something that I would enjoy. At least in a pvp scenario definitely.

I don’t really remember what was wrong with the game (maybe something about the endgame being empty, never heard that one before >_>) so hopefully it’s got some improvements.

One thing that caught my eye recently was the housing system. This looks really extensive in the ways that you can combine elements to make basically anything. At the very least if everything else is terrible I’d love to mess around with this.

The art style is really stylized and I’ve heard that the humour is really good although it’s either you love it or you hate it. I tend to be more of a fan of fantasy settings rather than sci-fi but this one looks good enough in the visuals and atmosphere in that department.

Hopefully I can bear through some of the traditional questing (pretty sure they had no innovation there) and get to some cool stuff.

Gotta go wild, gotta be a star!

You’ll either enjoy it, or get fed up by how messy it can get. Depends on the fight.

They had lots of end game content. IIRC the problem was that it just got boring. You need to get to end game for a lot of the content, and then the worth of that content is questionable. I know the people who just wanted to play an MMO went back to WoW when WoD hit. The people who were interested in the lore aspect either stuck around or got bored.

In truth, I mostly like to play anime games example: Angel Beats!: 1st beats or Little Busters! (Visual Novel). But My main game that I never forget to play is Armored C… Oops! I forgot that I will not talk about it. :confounded:

Recently did another modded Skyrim playthrough, my first one with PerMa and Better Vampires, and after that another one with Frostfall, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Hunterborn and some others, but I think I’m already bored again^^

Until earlier today I was doing some Game Dev Tycoon but I finished that too so there’s nothing to do anymore now…

Played some Age of Mythology with friends, but holy crap is that frustrating, that game is doing its best to make me hate it, just gimme an Empire Earth remake on steam and I’ll be happy again

Now I’m just sitting here, not sure what I should play, waiting for Just Cause 3, Neptunia 3 and Legacy of the Void, maybe I’ll play Super Meat Boy, Just Cause 2 or Touhou to kill some time

Oh yea, Stellaris also looks pretty interesting, even tho I suck at paradox’s strategy games, but it probably won’t be out this year, so that’s sitting on the 2016 list with XCOM2

1 Like

Is there anybody play Ace Combat game series?
I mostly like this game series’s music because when I listen their song, I will feel cry. (But Not at all). but Their gameplays are not bad, We can fun with our favorite aircrafts too.
So, Somebody who play this game series can share your experience in this topic.
I hope everyone will enjoy with it. :wink:

the only one ace i play was dogfight 1

Dogfight 1? Umm…well, would you like to fly with the old airplane?, I recommended you to play war thunder.

is that one new?

Yes, with high graphic and multiplayer game types.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Interesting song, but double-posting is forbidden here, just fyi^^

1 Like

i guess i try find that one then XD

1 Like

I’ve just finished Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, and I absolutely loved the ending. Anybody else a fan of the series?

My mum is. I didn’t even get through the first game.
I really like the soundtrack of Diabolical Box, though that’s most of my experience with the franchise.

Alright gaming update time boys and girls!

What Im looking for the most and what Im probably going to buy.
The new Need for speed 2015, holy damn the graphics looks really awesome and the custom design on your cars looks neat af. Im really digging it. The only thing I really dont like is that you need internet connection to play it. But Whatever, it really has the old underground feel to it so I might as well buy it :p.

Next, Mirrors Edge: Catalyst. I might have been talking about this, but im just so fucking hyped for this game, Im gonna play the shit out of this beautiful beast.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divide. I still remember my reaction when I heard about it, and that time when I saw the trailer. I was literally shaking out of excitement, my papers were flying, chairs were destoryed, almsot jumped out of a window… yeah average hype I guess.
Srsly if its gonna be better than Human Revolution, gege best game ever.

Also, I have bought Rocket League and played the shit out of it, got a really good rank in a preseason and then I somehow stopped playing because it felt like a grind (the ranked system is fked up btw). Still I like to play it with friends, its fun.
On the other way, CSGO - is what Im focusing most of my time now. Im trying to get the highest rank which is Global Elite, and I only need like a month or two to get there I think. Im supreme right now.

@joeross75 Oh I forgot you made Portal 2 chambers, I love being a test subject so I hope your chambers are mindfucking and I will have to think a lot :p.
Also that soundoger+ custom maps yo, really great job on it, I can see you play almost every day, and dayum nice! I was even considering playin it :oo.

Also I have been playing Star Wars Battlefront beta on origin, and I have played for couple of hours with my buddy @Bonecuss . Even tho it is fun at first and you got to experience this awesome graphics and neat sound design that DICE made. I will have to use a TotalBiscuit’s quote here:
“I have not played a multiplayer FPS as abjectly dull as Battlefront in a long time.”
The only feature that Im reaaaaally digging, is the overheat reload thingie.

ALSO NEWS
If anyone knows about this cyberpunk game called “Cyberpunk 2077”, there has been some rumors going on, that its gonna be even bigger than Witcher 3, holy mother of jesus. I fucking cant wait to play this game.

(asked on discord, apparently I was the only one that knew about the game)
1 Like

I know about Cyberpunk, saw it when it got announced a few years back (and still listen to the music from the teaser every now and then), been waiting for it ever since, hopefully they’ll actually focus on its development now that W3 is released

Haven’t played Battlefront myself, but know some people who did, and they weren’t too impressed either (except one who’s a DICE fanboy anyways^^)

1 Like

I can pretty much tell you right now that my test chambers are not that much of a challange because I suck at designing puzzles :stuck_out_tongue: But I hope that you will have fun playing them at least.

Glad you liked my soundodger levels! :smiley: I highly recommend the game if you are into music (duh) and even if you aren’t a big bullet hell fan, you will still enjoy playing the game (well…until you start to go into the “advanced” levels. That’s were shit gets hard)

Speaking about soundodger+, I made a new level… #shamelessplug

Oh and after playing Rocket League for about 2 hours last week, I can pretty much agree with @IkaCZ that the new ranking system is really bad and broken. They give you like 6-7 rank points and if you lose a match you lose like 20-25 rank points. It’s like impossible to rank up in that game now. Anyways just wanted to add that to this post real quick.

2 Likes

Has anyone played Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky)? Because the sequel finally is releasing in English next week. I couldn’t wait so I’ve been playing the games in Japanese but I’m quite excited that so many others can enjoy it now.

1 Like

I spent like 45 mins on this part of the song in the soundodger+ editor and made it look as awesome as possible then it comes to the reversals and stutters. Is it cool looking?

(sorry if the game looks shit. There were too many particle effects for flash to handle so i had to turn it off in the settings :stuck_out_tongue: )