General Feedback Topic

I think it’s a valid topic. I have butted heads with other people before because of my OTP preferences lol

But if you wanna make a thread under Key discussion, I believe you have to have a certain number of posts first

@LinkThinks, I agree. I’ve turned off emoji for the time being, until we can find a solution everyone is comfortable with.

2 Likes

Thank you based Aspi <3

i have a feedback. i’ve read the faq and welcome page. i dont see anything about PM.

does new users have no access permission to private message? it’s not stated in the rule about it. but i tried to find PM earlier today after joining but couldnt find it when i check somebody’s profile.

cheers!

I have yet to verify this, but it is possible that you require Trust level 1 to send personal messages. But don’t worry, you should be able to once you’ve spent a little time exploring the forum.

thank you for the quick reply sir!

Guys, the past couple days I’ve been noticing a lot of unmarked spoilers.
Most of them have been only light spoilers, but as someone who has had an ending (and general feelings) spoiled because of this, even untagged light spoilers bothers me.
For the example of the ending that I was spoiled, Shizuru’s route from Rewrite.

Someone said the world ends in some of the routes.
Another person said Shizuru’s route is bullshit.
I then did not find the ending surprising at all.

Most notably I’ve been seeing issues with the recent bad ends topic.
I don’t think I should call anyone out here (but I can if you need examples), but please tag anything and everything that you might think is a spoiler. Even opinions on how the ending is, or just general feelings from them.
I don’t think someone who hasn’t read a VN is going to want to hear about a route/bad end/etc being “brutal”, it sets up expectations from the reader that there is going to be something brutal in the route, and that could lead to spoiling the surprise, or predicting the story early, making the impact of the intended experience less - So there is no need in leaving that part untagged.

Some people are even more butt-hurt about this than I am, and you could potentially ruin someone’s experience playing one of Key’s fantastic visual novels.

4 Likes

Is there any way we could implement a user type feature to where people could flag a post as a spoiler and have it be hidden and noted as such until edited? This is a pseudo-bandaid fix from the root issue of people needing to make use of spoilers, however it could save a few skins. @uppfinnarn

2 Likes

Make it so that whenever someone leaves these images in a flag comment, it hides the post for reviewing.

2 Likes

Yes, if anything could at all possibly be conceived as a spoiler - even if it doesn’t actually say anything about the scene/feelings/etc. its self, even if its just a name for a scene - if there is any chance at all: just mark it. We can deal with a post that is completely blurred. We can’t deal with people having the very things we love here being ruined for them.

I am gonna call someone out on this one, not because I’m angry, just because I want to fix something specific that I’ve seen several times ASAP. @Inohara, please mark all your references to the Little Busters! hospital scene with spoiler tags. I’m guessing you aren’t thinking of it as a spoiler, since you keep purposely leaving it untagged, but I feel that such a name for a scene, a word like hospital, specifically carries a lot of meaning with it, even if you don’t specify the actual happenings.

Remeber everyone:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I’m so sorry… I’ll tag it from now on :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actually exactly what the Flag button does; alerts a mod to the post’s presence, and a certain number of flags hides it (to make sure people can’t use it to vandalize threads by flagging everything). A mod can then edit and unhide it, and somehow inform the user that unflagged spoilers are evil.

Also, a general reminder regarding spoilers: please make sure to mention exactly WHAT you’ve tagged as spoilers. If I were to type something like this, people wouldn’t be sure exactly what I’m spoiling, and unable to judge whether reading it would be a spoiler.

Instead, let’s use a real spoiler as an example.
(Rewrite Terra Spoilers) Earth Kagari’s a loser
Like this, everyone immediately knows that it’s spoiling something from Rewrite Terra, so anybody who hasn’t read it will know to look away.

Please keep this in mind when tagging spoilers.

4 Likes

Kinniku Yay Yay!
YAHOO!

2 Likes

Yosha! KINNIKU KINNIKU!

1 Like

I really like how the background changes based on the time of day. I assume that is using the local time of the user.

1 Like

The forums took a bit to get used to and felt a little cluttered, but after an hour or so I got used to it. No genuine problems to report yet, but I’ll be sure to report here if I find one.

Hmmm, maybe @Pepe can comment on this?

I forgot this page existed, let’s make this shizz more visible!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Key Game Tech Support Topic