Fire Emblem

I should probably do that when I replay conquest one day because I never learned how good archer mozu was til revelations

Thatā€™s good to hear, but my brother got Conquest and I got birthright, Birthright was amazing and Revelations will give me my Conquest fill anyways because itā€™s the real ending and heared itā€™s the best of course.

I didnā€™t know there was a direct until my roommate told me, so I was really surprised by everything they revealed today.

Gaiden remake is pretty cool. I havenā€™t played it but I know its a lot different from most games in the series so I wonā€™t be expecting too much. I donā€™t really like mobile games so Iā€™m not expecting much out of heroes, but Iā€™ll give it a try. I think Iā€™ll be skipping Warriors too, Iā€™m not a fan of that series.

What Iā€™m most excited for is the new title for the Switch. I especially want to see if theyā€™re going to return to a more classic style like the older games had or stay with the new feel of the 3DS games.

Its really kind of weird. Just 6 years ago Fire Emblem was still a niche series in the west, with there being almost no available content and most people only ever knowing about it because of smash bros. Now we have FOUR games to wait on at the same time, including a crossover, a remake, and a mobile game.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve heard Gaidenā€™s the game that inspired several of Sacred Stoneā€™s features (traversable world map, monsters as enemies), so Iā€™m excited for that. I enjoy the Warrior games, so thatā€™s also interesting, and then thereā€™s the new main title, thatā€™s of course great news.[quote=ā€œArete, post:184, topic:1842ā€]
I especially want to see if theyā€™re going to return to a more classic style like the older games had or stay with the new feel of the 3DS games.
[/quote]

Either way, Iā€™m going to enjoy it, I canā€™t even really say which of the two Iā€™d like more. Well, I know one thing: I want to see more ridiculous magic again in terms of graphic.

4 Likes

A few months ago I decided to replay Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sequentially. It was great, until I realize that Iā€™m using the same characters from the last playthrough.

The game itself was really enjoyable, but the lack of character interactions in Radiant Dawn is quite unsatisfying (no more support conversations unlike the previous games).

I myself is quite a fire emblem veteran, Iā€™ve completed FE4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and still in progress playing FE5 and 12.

Still havenā€™t played fates and awakening because I havenā€™t had my hands on 3ds yet.

by mobile game do you mean smartphone / social game? thatā€™s a news for me, Iā€™m going to look forward to it.

After a little research I found out that itā€™s going to be called fire emblem heroes and will be released January 2nd.

I actually donā€™t really like the traversable world map and fighting monster in tower thing, because itā€™ll become a way to mindlessly grind and train godly character (just put a near invincible tank and unequip the weapon until it reach level 20 with 4/5 stat hitting their cap)

1 Like

To be fair, we donā€™t know for sure how the tower grind will be implemented. Weā€™ll have to wait for Nintendo to reveal more about that particular feature. However, I do understand your concern. Looking back on it, Awakening (Lunatic notwithstanding), was made a bit TOO easy since endless grinding opportunities can give units what feels like an unfair advantage in the main campaign. I wonā€™t lie and say I didnā€™t appreciate when I was playing through it, however.

Conquest, in spite of how frustrating Iā€™ve found some of the missions. is my ideal Fire Emblem experience. With rare opportunities to obtain experience outside of missions, challenging level design with unique features (like the pots), and enemy AI who wonā€™t attack heroes they canā€™t hurt, it feels intense without being unfair (RNGs hasnā€™t been a BIG problem for me yet, but I guess Iā€™ll have to wait and see on that frontā€¦)

That being said, Iā€™m hoping Gaiden is about as difficult as Conquest, if not moreso. From what I know of the older Fire Emblem titles, they tended to be quite difficult, so I have high hopes for this one. Full voice acting and main characters who arenā€™t self-inserts are both welcome changes from the past two Fire Emblem titles. Iā€™m legitimately excited for the 3D dungeon area.

The mobile game looks awesome, but since I donā€™t have a mobile device that can support itā€¦ Welp. Fire Emblem for the Switch, meanwhile, is going to have lofty expectations set upon it, especially considering the lackluster returns of the previous two home console titles.

My thoughts on Warriors are the same as @Arete. Iā€™ve only played Hyrule Warriors, and if that game is an accurate representation of the franchise, than I doubt Iā€™d invest in anymore. The experience was fun for a while, but since the gameplay lacked variety, the repetitive nature of the gameplay settled in. Even the variety of heroes didnā€™t help much with this.

Same. What I really want to know is if the pair up system is gonna be in this game. If itā€™s a remake I think it might actually not have it. I actually donā€™t like pair ups in the new games because youā€™re kinda forced to do them but I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point. Itā€™s difficult to say because, on the one hand, I imagine pair-ups are such a cemented part of the formula for the more casual fans that, coming across a game without it might be somewhat upsetting. So maybe to ensure all customers can jump into the game without having to adjust to the lack of a previously established feature. But, as you said, the pair-up mechanic doesnā€™t exist in Gaiden, so they might exclude it.

I like the pair-up mechanic. I think it adds a new layer of strategy to the game, allowing the player to decide which units work best with each other to more effectively take on an enemy. It also adds a cooperative element to the battles that subtly adds to the comradery the player feels in the playable charactersā€™ relationships. However, I do understand that the lack of any downsides to the pair-up mechanic means at worst, thereā€™s little to no strategic advantage for spreading your units out on the battlefield, since units are often significantly weaker without their comrade backing them up. So, itā€™s definitely a trade-off.

Whatā€™s actually most important about the Gaiden remake is that they donā€™t repeat the mistake of FE 11 (the FE 1 remake) and include some form of support conversations this time. They have shown that thatā€™s possible for a remake of a game that didnā€™t origainally have this with FE 12 New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, so I hope they do it again.

1 Like

Is anyone here going to play Fire Emblem Heroes? I believe itā€™s coming out on February 2nd. I assume because itā€™s a mobage that it would have some sort of friend system implemented so that it would be beneficial to add each other in game.

1 Like

Heroes hasnā€™t been out for long, but Iā€™m having some fun with it. More interesting gameplay than F/GO had at least.
What are everyoneā€™s initial teams looking like? Got any cool heroes?

Personally, I got a few nice heroes. Tiki, Lucina and Felicia are my big 3 right now, with Jagen taking a spot as my only good blue, though far too mobile for the team. I wanna get Setsuna leveled up and unlock her potential, but my current roster is full of adjacency bonuses and they just group up in a ball of death, so Iā€™ll have to make a separate squad that can include an archer. Iā€™m on the hunt for a Palla too. Pretty sure sheā€™s a red, but Iā€™ll have to check.

:komue: I donā€™t see it on the iOS App store yet. I hope it hits soon, I really want to check it out.

Add me, nerds.

As for pulls so far (havenā€™t played a lot yet)

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what friends actually do but w/e

Also Iā€™ve played too much lol

1 Like

Your Tiki actually walked into my castle earlier and gave me 5 Hero Feathers

1 Like

I donā€™t even know what hero feathers do but someone else who Iā€™m friends with did the same. But every subsequent friend did nothing. Maybe you get 5 hero feathers per day for having friends or something? idk thats just my guessā€¦

Yay! Iā€™m enjoying it so far. I donā€™t know a lot of the characters but there is an interesting mix of art styles for the character art.

If anyone wants to add me :slight_smile:

I ended up getting some decent summons. As far as rarity and general attack Roy was a really lucky get, but my favorite so far is Peri. She can move further so even though her attack isnā€™t as high I have been finding that really useful. Plus she yells ā€œbye bye intestinesā€ sometimes when she does a special so she also wins on personality points.

https://twitter.com/Aspirety/status/827119444618915840?s=09 Heres mine!

Iā€™ve been having a lot of fun so far with this game. My friend whoā€™s never played FE did 4 rerolls and got three 5 stars in a row though -.-

My friend ID is 5012450555 feel free to add me.

Anyone else feel like there is an overwhelmingly large number of redā€™s compared to others. My 5 stars so far have been Lyn (red) Roy (red) Young Tiki (red) Lillian (red) and I finally pulled a Camilla (green) earlier to break the streak,