Final Fantasy XIV Online - Road to Stormblood

Haven’t played this game since Second Coil was top tier. Is it better than before? Considering getting back into it, since it seems a lot of people here play. The main reason I stopped was because I couldnt find an FC that actually felt like a home, where I belonged.

So since 2.2 or 2.3 huh. Yeah there’s definitely been a lot of improvement and development to the game since them. Game’s HUGE.

Hell you’ve missed an entire class and Job addition from just a patch.

If you’re on Excalibur like the majority of us we’d love to have you. If not, there’s always a server transfer available from the Lodestone if you’re interested.

HA YOU FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGED QUELLING EXISTS.

Also facking no why would you get Archer to level 34 for Quelling you’re shit so you won’t pull hate anyway.

Yeah, I’ll consider a transfer when/if I start up again. Sounds like some fun to be had.

I should also get BLM for Swiftcast, but instead I spent last night mining my way to level 20

Raging Strikes is pretty cool, it’s also Level 4, you can get it in ten minutes by doing the Lv1 quest and killing some ladybugs.

Especially cool if you play SMN, because you can get way more than 20s out of it by refreshing DoTs during it~

The Patch Notes have been dropped!

2 Likes

I was up until 5 AM yesterday to watch someone read those on a stream and hear his thoughts about it. It was worth it

Yo dat HW tho.

I started playing again and, uh, yeah. That’s pretty much it. I was working towards Paladin apparently but I’d kinda rather play a healing class now. In the Final Fantasy games I’ve played that had Scholars they were pretty terrible so I’m gonna go for White Mage I guess.

Are Scholars actually bad in this game, though? I’d imagine they’re at least serviceable.

Kanon is playing Scholar, I think. I can tell you that White Mage is pretty awesome, since I have mine on 50.

Well that couldn’t be any more wrong, Scholar has been objectively the superior healer since it’s release, being the first one to solo heal almost every fight, and with several videos of soloing dungeons out there, something no other class can really do.

That said, Scholar just got nerfed. It deserved it.

How they are now? Uh…not really easy to say with so little at level 60, especially with a new healer in the mix, the nerf brings them down a peg, but they were standing on a hell of a lot of pegs to begin with.

1 Like

That nerf may not actually be a nerf though, or at least not as much of one as it looks…

Neo-Lustrate reportedly behaves weirdly, seemingly ignoring buffs and debuffs (except Cleric Stance, since that actually swaps INT and MND, and it always goes off MND). I need a reliable source for this though :confused:

Fey Wind looks like a nerf (30% SS vs 3% Haste), but that’s just weird wording - you typically need more than 30% SS to shave 3% off your GCD/cast times AND it now affects auto-attacks!

tl;dr the Scholar master race is still alive

Yeah Selene is buffed, I know that. I also know Lustrate retains it’s weird properties.

But see…I’m a very…Cleric Stance kind of guy…

The kind who sees The Storm of Meracydia about to cast Death Sentence and says ‘EH FUCK IT, CLERIC STANCE’, the kind who at least once an instance while leveling Astrologian has the realization of ‘oh right shit Selene isn’t healing the tank and he’s about to die’.

Lustrate not being my Cleric Stance waifu is…upsetting. My very playstyle is shaken by the change.

Just stance dance harder!

…or play Summoner, that’s what I did, screw healing I’m gonna fuck shit up with AKH MORN AND PAINFLARE.

yo guys am I cool now

1 Like

2cool4me. They need to add the Buster Sword for Dark Knight now.

The squadron of super fantasy knight. :grinning:

Okay so begin the 3.1 hype discussion I guess

Patch 3.1: As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness
Release: Early November

Content:

• Continued Main Scenario
  • New Dungeons
  • Saint Mocianne Arboretum
  • Pharos Sirius (Hard)
  • New Raid: The Void Ark
  • New Primal Battle (unannounced, possibly Singularity Reactor EX or Doomtrain)
  • New Beast Tribe Quests: Vanu Vanu
  • New Side-Quest Scenario: The Saint Endalim Scholasticate
  • New Relic Weapon Saga introduction
  • New Instanced Content: Airship Exploration Missions
  • Players will be able to take Parties/Alliances to uncharted new islands in the Sea of Clouds
  • You can leave with your FC on Company Airships or queue solo/with a party in Ishgard’s Airship Dock. FC Airship users will start with an unmentioned advantage.
  • Unlike normal Instances, you will be able to change your class at any time (outside of the normal battle restriction)
  • The main focus will be to go in as far as possible while killing as many enemies as possible
  • The weakest enemies will be equivalent to HW’s A-Rank Hunt Marks, and go up from there to include bosses and even superbosses.
  • Monsters will drop Bronze, Silver or Gold chests that contain various rewards
  • Gear up to i210 can be obtained with ‘Aetherial’ properties, which will randomize stat bonuses across multiple pieces of the same gear.
  • This gear has the chance of coming with random Glamour, and said glamour can be unique (example provided was different colour versions of High Allagan, a gearset which is undyeable)
  • Unwanted Gear can be traded in for a new Point system (details for this shop/service are unknown)
  • There will also be exclusive Gathering points and items on the Islands for Disciples of the Land
  • Gold Saucer: Lord of Verminion
  • New GS game featuring the collectable Minions in the game
  • an RTS game of sorts, deploy Minions in waves to try and destroy your opponents Arcana Crystals while defending your own.
  • Has a Real-Time and Turn-Based mode
  • Minions have different Races and Tiers that affect cost and stats, and their place in a weapon triangle of sorts.
  • Rarer Minions have unique abilities
  • Will have a Matchmaking system for Tournaments
1 Like

Ready to start another year long relic grind. Let’s do this.

Also ready to finally have something other than Neverreap/Fractal for Expert >.>