To be honest I’m not watching THAT much compared to the past so this season is probably a bit weak (then again, still watching a lot), and so far I liked the stuff that I’ve been watching this season.
My only actual complaint for this is pretty much one show but that series is KIND of fixing itself bit by bit considering the beginning of the show was… Okay? I was confused (being Dies Irae). Thought that it was pretty weird and was kind of hard to follow, but understandably I did felt like there were missing stuff and I knew the source was a VN, so I wasn’t much surprised. Despite that, I still enjoyed it due to being my type of show, or at least one of them.
Land of Lustrous was another show that I actually loved a lot. Mainly because of the overall world and the characters, along with the atmosphere. I don’t know why, But it just feels and looks amazing. Well choreographed and some of the directing choices were spectacular. As far as I can say. The music as well fits with the tone which helps with the narrative and makes things feel like something vastly different for me. I don’t know how to describe it. But this is certainly my favorite show of this season.
Kujira no Kora was something I was kind of bit skeptical about but it delivered an overall well-written world building and melancholic feeling to it. It’s also gritty in some sense at the same time which I liked the overall turn of things, as well as the characters and the entire story revolving around them. It really intrigues me. My only complaint would really be some of the episodes being rather clunky and even not that great in comparison, as some of the scenes don’t really make much sense but that’s really something that can be fixed over time.
Girls Last Tour was pretty much treated a bit like Made in Abyss, to where they exceed things and expand things more compared to the manga (By the way, I haven’t read the manga for Made in Abyss yet, however I did asked a bit about it and I think this can be compared a bit in terms of how the anime expands their sources and making them superior in some regards). Visual Presentation was the biggest highlight of the series which was… actually pretty neat. Interactions and its world was captured well by comparison which actually pleases me to say the least.
Blend S became one of my favorite SoL shows of this season due to how the quirkness and just the entire dynamic between the characters and how the entire situations were put for them were just awesome. For a directorial debut (which yeah its a debut) I thought it was pretty fantastic. Though I’m waiting for something :V just saying.
Mahoutsukai no Yome for me its one of the most anticipated shows for me, and I really like the chemistry between Chise and Elias. The entire atmosphere and the tone of the show really capture that fantasy-ish feeling along with melanchony as well. The directing is pretty solid along with its visuals, despite a bit derpy in some areas. I feel like they should be careful with it though.
Other stuff to keep it short though:
- Animegataris: Fun series, breaks a lot of the 4th walls along with using the episodes to talk about the otaku culture (which is neat)
- Urahara: Nothing special, just your typical moe type ish… I guess the characters are quirky and its just so stupid that its enjoyable.
- Konohana Kitan: Cute show… although I kinda question some minor things.
- Juuni Taisen: Typical Battle Royale series but aside from the predictability its actually thrillng regardless of that fact.
- Just Because: Decent watch… although I’m kind of mixed with the entire drama bits here and there. Characters are decent and the production value its good, buuuut… eh, I guess its fine.
- UQ Holder: This is one of those favorites of mine because I just love the typical shounen-ish feel, and the characters are mostly likable so far. It’s the type I can go through honestly.
There would be more on my end for the seasonals but I wanted to point out at least some of the stuff I liked out of the entire lineup I have.
- Black Clover: I repeat my words a bit but this series is just eh… Mediocre to say the least. Not bad, not good. I say its in between because I do like it but I don’t like some other things about it.
- Imouto sae Iireba Ii: Yeah, this is probably my guilty pleasure series. It’s just… I guess stupid in a way? The fanservice isn’t as awkward compared to Eromanga but just like the Eromanga effect, it manages to make me laugh for some reason, most of the time. Few times I tend to be like “Uh. Okay move on.” It’s kind of like my guilty pleasure show.
- Two Car: Enjoyable but it needs to work on its drama. Characters are fine but they kind of need to work on some stuff when it comes to their characters.
That’s kind of it, so far. I might go and edit this for adding sequels a bit but, so far its good for what its worth. Not much to complain about ^^