Currently Airing Anime

I agree with you on everything, I looked forward to it more than any other show each week and I’m glad it’s going to continue because the first season set everything up perfectly to allow for expansion on the three main story lines that will probably converge in the end (his professional shogi career, his step-sister/family and the three sisters/their story). Nothing was rushed and I hope the next season is two cours as well.

1 Like

I found it disappointing that there was less focus on the sisters and Kyouko and the rest of his step-family during the later episodes, since that was the stuff that I was enjoying the most. I don’t really care much for the shougi stuff. At least there will be a second season.

No one try Shouwa Genroku Rakugou Shinjuu here? All of you must try it…very recommended…

All of their characters have their own charms…also it’s introduce one of historical japanese culture play called Rakugo…the story have deep means about connection with other person, love or hate you just don’t know…

For this season I am watching Shouwa genroku, Dragon Maid Kobayashi and Demichan katarinai

Honestly I’m also one of hardcore fangirl for Tales of series…but I left Zestiria X and choose not to watch it until I finish the games Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Berseria because I heard it’s full of spoilers

Watched the first couple episodes, but I ended up dropping it, partly because I’ve never like Rakugo in general, but mainly because it felt like nothing interesting was happening. The show was very popular though, so I wouldn’t be surprised if other people here had seen it and enjoyed it.

I’m so excited that there is going to be a second season of 3-gatsu no Lion. It has been my favorite anime the past two seasons. It is a beautiful story with very realistic characters. Shaft did a great job of animating it. I don’t read much manga but I want to read this after watching the anime.

I had to make a post about this right after I finished the episode
Clockwork Planet…

I am beyond disappointed for what the anime adaption has come to.
The animation quality looks very old styled
The opening is pretty bad visual wise
They’ve changed the character’s firsts impressions and their personalities by a big amount

I was expecting some dissatisfaction from the visuals already after seeing the PV and I’ve made peace with it.
But to change the characters and some of the meaningful scenes I’m sitting here confused and annoyed

Meanwhile I’m just like, “That finger sucking thing was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper unnecessary… and way too f*cking long.”

1 Like

Sasuga, Xebec, and I thought they would have been able to do better with what Darkness and Keijo had in them… RIP Clockwork Planet adaptation…

My friends and I were gonna watch Busou Shoujo but the production value for that is pretty disappointing so everyone else decided to vote for Rokudenashi because I’m infamously known for being biased against light novel magic school adaptations :help:

Well, “Busou Shoujo” wasn’t all that bad.
Nothing spectacular, nothing exceptional, nothing even slightly revolutionary (lol).
Just a somewhat plain old-style show with martial arts, a male lead, and (I guess) a tsundere.
I won’t drop it… but seriously doubt that there is anything to expect from this show.
Not even sure why people said that the source manga was good.
Well… Maybe I am wrong.

Ah, that one show that gets aired multiple times per season under a different name?
Jokes aside, Rakudai is probably the best that genre will ever get. I enjoyed that show a good amount.

One of the few shows on my radar so far. Some cute designs :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

My current list for this season of anime consists of
Alice to Zoroku: Liking it so far
Clockwork Planet: I love the manga and light novel but burn this anime somewhere deep
DanMachi Spinoff: Haven’t started
Eromanga Sensei: Haven’t started
Hinako Note: I love the opening and ending
Little Witch Academia: I’m so behind on this…
Re: Creators: Looks kind of generic but cute girls are always a plus
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records: Probably gonna drop this eventually
Sagrada Reset: HanaKana Hype also I actually do like this anime
Sakura Quest: PA Works anime but first episode doesn’t have me thrilled
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?: LONNNNNNG name but cute girls again
Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Shou: Haven’t started

Well, I’m currently watching this season:

Alice to Zouroku: Love the story and the visuals! Interesting characters as well! OP and ED are really good!
Sakura Quest: PA Works anime. It’s all right though.
Seikaisuru Kado: Seems really good. Love the 3D CGs!
Eromanga-sensei: First episode got me in real quick. Same author who did Oreimo.

Not a whole lot of shows I’ve been watching since last season. I may end up watching Hinako Note, Tsuki ga Kirei, and Little Witch Academia as well whenever I get a chance to. Hopefully at some point in time.

Do it. Just do it.

uhh anyways… Currently I’m watching:

Tsuki ga Kirei: My favorite so far omg its sooo cuuuute I’m actually going to have to write a twitter chain about it in like a day.
Alice to Zouroku: It’s pretty moe and the premise is interesting so… yeah.
Seikaisuru Kado: Woah ok.
Shuumatsu Nani… yeah you get the point: I like the kind of “guy is a mentor or father figure for a bunch of kids” type of thing so yeah I’m down.
Sakura Quest: Shirobako…? maybe? hopefully its as good as that.
Hinako Note: Kinda iffy on this right now, might not have enough time to watch if I end up rewatching individual episodes of Tsuki ga Kirei too much.

So far that’s my list, which is kinda a bad idea because AP tests are coming up but w/e. I might have to stop watching some stuff for a bit but I WILL watch Tsuki ga Kirei every Thursday no matter what.

This simply isn’t the Tales of Zestiria I know and love. There’s action battles and friendship but it feels completely empty inside. There is no meaning, no message. The characters have lost their uniqueness and depth. The anime Zestiria is just one rpg-style story that doesn’t really stand out among the others.
The game had started with a cliché setting of a guy being chosen to save the world but there was so much thought put into it and all the deep topics like what a savior can and cannot do, how to deal with tragedy and whether or not killing is ok were explored in great detail. Every change the anime had made only turned both the story and the characters more bland.

If there is one thing I do appreciate about the anime, it would be that Edna still looks as cute as always ^^’

I just want to fanboy about tsuki ga kirei so badly. I’d even to so far as to totally jump the gun and say it might just be my AOTY, which of course is completely ridiculous but goddamn I have REALLY been digging this show.

It’s so relatably awkward but calming and adorable that I just feel really elated after each episode. I think I’ve yet to watch a show that so well captures that horrible and awkward 9th grade phase, yet it somehow presents it in a way that’s…nice to watch?

Goddamn get on this show lads.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the show however in episode 4 it pulled scene I hate when anime do The one where two people are trying to meet in a crowded area and can’t contact each other for some reason. It wouldn’t be that bad except almost always they show the two constantly walking past each other and here Akane even looked right at Azumi and didn’t even seem to think that might be him

Other than that I’m enjoying it quite a bit as well.

Continued from Tsuki ga Kirei spoiler:That’s not him though.

TsukigakireiI guess you’re right looking at them side by side but that still looks close enough that she should make some motion. I still hate these scenes. Although at least she didn’t get angry and start yelling when they finally met up

Almost half of the season is gone by now… It went faster than I’ve expected.
My favorites are “Alice to Zouroku”, “Hinako Note”, “SukaSuka”, and “Re:Creators”.
Didn’t yet try “Tsuki ga Kirei”, but probably will looking at all those good comments on the show.

What I really hated this time is “Clockwork Planet”… I am not familiar with an original work, but anime was so bad I’ve dropped it in less than 2 minutes in. Damn.

A special prize goes to “Granblue” & “Zero kara”, they are enjoyable to watch as well.

Khsellhu did you come into acceptance of the name “SukaSuka”

or is this an imposter

1 Like