• Fukigen na Mononokean
  • Handa-kun
  • Mob Psycho
  • Nejimaki Seirei Senki Tenkyou no Alderamin
  • New Game!
  • Qualidea Code
  • Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan
  • Time Travel Shoujo…

It’s pretty hard to keep watching this many at the same time and the genres are sooo varied… Some of them are so sh**ty that I don’t understand why I still haven’t dropped them…

Wow. I expected Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru to be great, but it’s surpassing my expectations on a weekly basis. Episode 21 had a lot of Wallpaper-worthy shots. And Rem was in most of them. I get the feeling that, if someone who doesn’t speak japanese were to watch Re: Zero without subtitles, he would totally think that Rem is the main heroine xD

Also, who else liked the flashbacks of the old sword master and his late wife? ^^

Meanwhile, Tales of Zestiria X is still a mystery to me. What is Ufotable trying to accomplish? Why are they adapting both Zestiria and Berseria in parallel, within the same series? I can only speculate that they’re trying to have both stories arrive at the same theme, the same idea, the same message in the end. That might explain all the changes to Zestiria, especially why it’s so much darker than the game.

And again, a dragon shows up. Where did he come from? Why was he in Ladylake? Why did he fly away? Who is he? Don’t tell me it’s a certain older brother who was supposed to be confined to the Rayfalke Spiritcrest because his sister made an oath to make it happen?
But most importantly:

Who else is hyped for the next episode?!

1 Like

This season, I’ve been following Rewrite, Tales of Zestiria the X, and Sweetness and Lightning. I’ve already posted my thoughts on the former in its thread, but I’m enjoying Tales of Zestiria the X. It’s not ground-breaking at all, but I find that’s part of its charm. It plays a lot of the standard JRPG tropes in a wholesome, inviting way. Sorey’s optimism and ear-to-ear smile are hard to resist, and it helps that ufotable is providing it with top-notch production values.

Sweetness and Lightning is not terribly eventful, but the slice-of-life scenes are written in such an endearing yet down-to-earth manner that it’s hard to get upset about the lack of an overarching story. The only thing that’s especially odd about the series is Tsumugi’s hair…

I need to catch up on these, though, because college is taking up a bit of my time. Maybe over labor day…?

2 Likes

I’ve also been watching Re:Zero myself and I’m impressed on how well this series is doing and every episode is just good as the next one. Rem has been my favorite character so far in the series and she is a good supportive character for Subaru. He has been through a lot lately and I’m glad that he was [Episode 18 spoilers]to become the hero that had saved her from that time when the village was attacked during the 2nd arc of the series.Also, [Episode 21 spoilers]with all the previous knowledge of from each RbD (Return by Death) and how he was able to strategically get everyone on how to defeat the White Whale, with its three counterparts as it seemed impossible for them to defeat, with Wilhelm, Crusch, Ricardo, and the other groups to keep going strong as Subaru led the way knowing he is going unarmed and is a weak character that everyone else should be able to learn from him to not give up as they are knights who fight to the death.

Those flashbacks between Wilhelm and his wife were amazing shots and I liked how they detailed the lighting as [Episode 21 spoilers]he fought with her and was determined to stop her from being the only master swordsmen and that one day she would no longer have to hold a sword and she wanted Wilhelm to see if he loved flowers. The kissing scene was amazing and that episode was one of the biggest highlights, other than Subaru and Rem pressing their foreheads together as the sun shined on them both as they made a complete victory over the White Whale.

So much for being hyped for Zestiria ep9. Dammit, Ufotable, could you please not turn Edna into an “onii-chan” parroting trope?
And wow, they just up and revealed her brother’s identity that I’ve been theorising about all this time.

I just finished watching all of the anime for this season
Arslan Senki Season 2: It was only 10 episodes… but I still really like it
Love Live Sunshine: I had some doubts watching the successors to the previous Love Live but I am greatly satisfied with what they have done for themselves
New Game: Moe blob of the season love it
Qualidea Code: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I actually liked this series if it wasn’t for the really really really bad animation qualilty towards the last half of it. Between Rewrite and Qualidea Code for bad animation Qualidea Code wins.
Re:Zero: While everyone is super hyping it and claiming Rem is best girl, I think it was really good but it didn’t feel super impactful. As in it’s not one of those anime where it ranks on my favorites or I wouldn’t spend money on products (Rem daki cough*) Also correct me if I’m wrong but I think they don’t plan on making a second season.
Rewrite: Haha
Shoukugeki no Soma: I’ve been to lazy to read it so glad this came out to make up for my laziness

As for anime I plan on watching next season
Fune wo Amu
Girlish Number
Idol Memories
Lostorage incited WIXOSS
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Occultic;Nine
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Stella no Mahou
WWW.WORKING!!

Well I’m trying to finish the currently airing ones from the summer, as far as I am concerned I’m already done with half, I just need to finish Active Raid 2nd season, Mob Psycho, Amaama to Inazuma, Amanchu, 91 days, and others.

For the next season I’m mostly going to probably focus on these:

3gatsu no Lion (my friend recommended me to watch this since he has read the source material, and he knows I love cute things)

Occult;Nine (obviously because of the concept)

Lostorage Incited Wixoss (different writer and director but I still wanna see how this will turn out)

Girlish Number (Diomedea when it comes to SoL and Comedy they can’t really fall down on me with this)

Drifters (well, action tardness and the author of Hellsing, so why not?)

a few more I have in mind to be fairly honest.

This fall seasonal lineup shows looks pretty decent to me.
So I’ll be focusing on these shows in particular:

Hibike Euphonium! S2 (been waiting ages to look forward to since S1 was so very inspirational and was really good coming from KyoAni)

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (a new take on the magical girl lineup though very much different from Madoka Magica to say the least)

Stella no Mahou (@SymphoniaXX was really into the MC so I figured I give it a shot, and of course, it’s about making a doujin game)

Flip Flappers (more magical girl stuff, you get what I mean ^^)

Yuri on Ice (@HeliosAlpha was telling me how really good this show is so I’ll be giving it a chance then)

So far, that’s about it for now. Unless there are others to see, that is pretty much my lineup this season.

1 Like

Since Fall season has started, I would want to give the lineup towards the stuff that I am watching recently.

(Will be listing them for now the stuff that are already out)

Flip Flappers - Pretty great from the art and animation, towards the music department. The story has to yet develop and the chemistry between the two main protagonists are quite entertaining for me. I just hope they can focus on the two girls and doesn’t really turn into a disappointment, and as expected from 3herz, some pretty nice artstyle but they have some loads of talented animators, so I wanna see how it will go in terms of the sakuga fest.

Gakuen Handsome - Probably the worst I have seen from the season and well, coming from a person that loves some Fujoshi fanservice (last one I had was last season’s Servamp), as this is not appealing towards me as a watcher, and the way they draw and try to make it funny is pretty abysmal. Heck, the males looks like ugly faced triangles for me, so I would wanna suggest to skip this personally.

Hibike Euphonium 2nd Season - Funny enough I was not going to watch the second season after a while, but because I made a promise towards a friend of mine previously, I decided to check it out. For an hour long episode it was quite fine, although the pacing didn’t worked well in its favor (since it is rather slow as hell), and of course I do like it more than the first season in all honesty.

Keijo!!! - The ecchi series of the seasons. What is a season without one? Obviously this one is kinda fun and a pass the time spree show, its nothing amazing but the boob and butts shots and slams are pretty enjoyable, and the characters are pretty likeable for me. I’ll stick with it on weekly basis.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - Another Mahou Shoujo series which funny enough, from Danganronpa 3 (which was rather serious in fact) it went to complete moeness mahou shoujo… thats a… pretty weird transition there. But aside from that, nothing really particularly hyped around, but it is quite interesting in terms of the story introduction for a first episode. Opening is pretty good and the Ending is quite fire. Not gonna lie I do have the feeling this is more of a Mix between Future Diary and Madoka Magica.

Nanbaka - Gintama’s director does it again with the stuff it added for me, I think it’s more safe to say that for the first episode, truly enjoyed it. Pretty colorful, bright lighty, as well with some interesting and likeable cast of characters. I’m hoping it still keeps the rather enjoyable tone which it keeps its fun side.

Shuumatsu no Izetta - Probably one of my favorites due to the Historical aspect of it, as well with some pretty interesting premise of it. I do hope at least for this one they give more details about the two characters and how they know each other. This reminds me of Junketsu no Maria in a way in all honesty, it brings vibes to it.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - White Fox’s first original anime, and as an first original, so far its pretty decent. Its artstyle is rather wacky which reminds me a bit for Kiznaiver, and it actually suits the tone and vibe of the series overall for my end. I do think it won’t be that unique but if it does go to a different direction, I can’t honestly wait for it. But we’ll see.

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru - As a person who has played the games, this was pure fanservice for the fans in my eyes. The characters and the comedy were solid, same with the animation (having few talented animators in the first episode which, not gonna lie, they just made it look good), the Opening is probably the highlight of the series in my personal opinion.

Yuri on Ice - Probably my most favorite so far, and its everything I wanted it to be and more. Great animation, music, solid artstyle, some pretty likeable cast so far, and at the same time the OP is the one that stands out visual wise for my end.

So far the season isn’t really bad, I just hope they stay with the quality consistency.

1 Like

Was wondering what happened to this thread. Apparently it hasn’t been used since October…

Anyways honestly going into this season of anime I thought the quality of the anime coming out weren’t that great. Then I actually started watching them and wow there are some great ones

With that being said here’s a current list of anime I am watching for Fall 2016

Flip Flappers: I’ve only watched one episode but I am pretty interested. A friend is super hyped about it’s weekly episode and the animation has a real nostalgic feeling to it for me
Girlish Number: I’ve watched 5 episodes and… it really makes me cringe… I watch each episode just to see what happens next but not really enjoying it all to much
Idol Memories: Haven’t watched any of it but it’s on my computer sooo… soon™
Lostarage Incited WIXOSS: One of the few anime I’m staying up to date with. This is the 3rd season of the WIXOSS series and I really enjoyed the previous seasons. I would kinda call it the Madoka of card games. It’s an original series and there’s a lot of mystery solving involved which makes it a fun topic every week to talk about. The card game itself isn’t really all that important in the story but the actual card game the anime is based off of is pretty fun!
Mahou Shoujou Ikusei Keikaku: The other anime I am keeping up to date with. This is probably the anime of the season for me. I can’t really say much without spoiling but it’s pretty freaking good!
Shuumatsu no Izzeta: Action anime. Looks really cool but I feel behind on keeping up with it.
Stell no Mahou: Moe blob anime. I love the opening song and the characters are super cute (That’s the point of moe blobs isn’t it?)
www.working: Comedy anime. 4th season of the Working series with a complete brand new cast of characters! I’m doing a Japanese skit project using scenes from the anime.

1 Like

Yey another one who watch www.working!!
Like the main series, the joke is hilarious, their character are all weird but loveable, and the oblivious pairing!

This isn’t the season for me. Not a single show to watch unfortunately. Next season has a good amount of shows that sound interesting though.

1 Like

Pretty much agree. I dropped it on Episode 2. It feels a little to cynical and mean spirited for my tastes. It feels to me like the author is making it for the purpose of looking down on the industry more than anything else.

It started off kind of meh, but it has steadily improved to become probably the best show of the season. This is especially so for the latest episode, which was so good.

I’m not watching anything this season, but I keep seeing Yuri on Ice!!! everywhere :unamused:

The last anime I watched were the two Dangan Ronpa 3 arcs

I’m actually trying to catch up to the seasonal stuff bit by bit but I haven’t disliked any of them as far as I am concerned, although trying to get into the stuff I haven’t seen that are pretty underrated as hell too.

From the seasonals or the airing, I dunno if this counts, but I am currently watching Pokemon Sun and Moon anime, and as far as I’ve seen for the first 5 episodes it has been pretty good so far, I think it was a better beginning than the XY series, when it comes to actual introduction, when XY had great episodes later on, the beginning was only average to okay at best, exception of one of the scenes where Ash looked like a badass, that in itself was nice, but eh, I thought that it was more colorful and expressive, the characters have their own charm to it and the series seems so lively, which the region is based out of Hawaii, so you do need this pretty colorful and fun style. Favorite character so far is Lana by the way, especially with the recent episode.

I’m 3 episodes into Ikusei, I think I may see it going decent, because I heard the opposite where the show goes downhill from there, so I’m keeping my expectations very low, plus I got spoiled already on few stuff so while I know the outcome a bit at some characters I wanna see it in front of me.

As for the Working Spin Off I think its good honestly… not that great because I felt like it could have been adjusted but it’s good, I’d rate it a 7 for now and see how it goes from there.

I’m trying to catch up with Flip Flappers, Yuri on Ice, Stella no Mahou, etc at the moment but its also tough because I need to focus on these when they’re in a better time slot in a way, plus I need to get back to them slowly. Plus I want to also watch Occultic Nine since that got now a pretty decent reception after the first episode. It was surprising actually. Plus on twitter there has been some pretty nice shots and good animators so this is something right up my alley too, to see how the show works from a technical standpoint.

Also another thing if anyone is interested I guess:

There’s a show that not everyone is talking but yet on twitter, a lot of my friends have been tweeting about it and how it was their favorite show so far (3 of them said this) It’s called “Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume” which is basically a Ping Pong series. I actually ain’t the biggest fan of the Ping Pong Sport, but I do wanna see how fun this one can go so I’m picking it up but way later, I mean I have 30+ shows this season if you exclude my rewatches and the ones that are completed but I’m currently watching on. But looking at the staff members of this, I think this would be pretty nice honestly.

2 Likes

Visually, it’s a breathtaking show but plotwise, it gets even more vexing and almost nonsensical. It’s difficult to watch because you don’t get any sort of emotional attachment to the characters and nine episodes in, I still don’t know what to think about it. It’s weird.

I don’t have too many picks this season. I am enjoying Yuri On Ice and Bungou a lot. Bungo had a superb start this season and it continues to be a fun show that you could watch without thinking too much.

Yuri on Ice is amaaaazinng nuff said

1 Like

I think when it comes to the plot I heard some good and some bad… some say it’s inconsistent and some other says that its not, some say its a good written mystery in a way, some others say it’s a trainwreck due to how fast it goes, or little time it takes… but I’ll see how it goes once I pick it up but I’ll try to take my backlog first.

I didn’t really picked Bungou since I didn’t really enjoyed Season 1, well. I did enjoyed it, but not enough to make me really pick the show.

xD and again I need to catch up on those shows but, it’ll take time for me… x-x Me and my habit of picking a lot of shows heh ^^U

(had to repost because it didn’t picked reply)

The staff list for that show, in my opinion, builds it up as something it isn’t. First episode was pretty rough. It might get better, but I couldn’t watch a show that ugly. Good if you just want a random cute girls show though.

Ironically, a few years ago with the Winter Olympics were happening and Yuzuru Hanyu was really popular for getting gold in men’s ice skating, I was really excited when I heard an ice skating anime was in production.
Yuri on Ice is great at being what it was designed to be, but it wasn’t what I wanted. I was hoping for something more similar to Haikyuu!!, which doesn’t focus on relationships very much and really made me admire the sport itself beyond the value it has in anime. Yuri on Ice focuses too much on the relationships for me to admire the ice skating the way I admired the volleyball in Haikyuu!!, and I guess that’s just rubbed me the wrong way. Now that it’s continuously trending on tumblr, I see gifs and art of victuuri constantly but I rarely see gifs of actual ice skating. As someone put off by fanservice, the eros theme and other scenes have been too much for me.
Phichit is a blessing to this world though.

1 Like

I can understand, actually funny enough I watched the first 3 episodes of the show, it was something worth through since it was rather entertaining… then again, at the same time I did liked the artstyle… rather simple but it works.

At least it’s fun, also from what I got from a friend of mine, they’re having fun with this too (the staff members), so that’s something else too. But that’s just how I see it.