Currently Airing Anime

Same. Its wonderful.

Iā€™m experiencing the same with kinmoza at the moment. I guess I know now whatā€™s next!

All aboard the moe hype train

So uhhhhā€¦ anything interesting this season? Only thing I have on my list is Akagami no Shirayuki-hime S2 and maybe Daga Shikashi.

Did some extra research and Bokudake ga inai machi, Haruchika, and Aokana seem interesting

This one is the only one Iā€™d really recommend checking out so far. It seems different and interesting. Itā€™s also going to have an actual ending.

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu and Haruchika seem fun enough to keep up with, but Iā€™m not expecting much other than some pastime. I checked out half of Norn9: Norn+Nonet, but I really donā€™t want to deal with some otome game adaptation; I already did that with Amnesia.

Not sure how the anime would wrap up all five volumes (and another one still coming up) in a 12 episode series though. The mangaā€™s pretty slow and the first episode already covered, like, six chapters. Itā€™s an exciting watch, still.

Prince of Stride has pretty visuals but the plotā€™s nothing new or anything. Thereā€™s also Ajin, which looks like another Tokyo Ghoul

Looking forward for the sweets anime and Durarara (just because) but other than those, Boku Machi would be my top pick this season.

No idea, but they say theyā€™re gonna do it, for better or worse. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-01-08/erased-boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-anime-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

That would be an insult to Ajin. It actually has smart characters.
Iā€™m reading the manga and itā€™s pretty good.

So far I watched Phantom World, Haruchika, Assassination Classroom 2, and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and Iā€™m pretty happy with all of these. I am looking forward to watching Divine Gate cuz I used to play the game and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2 as well.

You all disappoint me. No one else is watching Sekkou Boys. Will definitely be Anime of The Year.

I watched that with my sister and we thought it was funny but we saw it getting stale fairly quickly. Ojiisan to Marshmallow is probably my favourite short so far.

Sekkou Boys is so random lol
Other things Iā€™m planning on watching include Phantom World, Haruchika, Assassination Classroom 2, Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2.

Iā€™m little behind of this season of anime.

My first impressions:

• Active Raid: I dunno why, but it made me think of Classroom Crisis, and the main girl is annoying, but weā€™ll see where itā€™s heading
  • Akagami no Shirayukihime: well, more of what happened in the first season
  • Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: also the same
  • AoKana: looks fun, Iā€™ll probably read the novel when the anime is over/when itā€™s translated
  • BokuMachi: interesting mystery, with a pseudo butterfly effect, might end up being AOTS
  • Bubuki Buranki: the CGI looks pretty crappy, and Iā€™m not sure about the setting yet because the first ep didnā€™t really tell us anything about the overall plot, weā€™ll see
  • Dagashi Kashi: really enjoyed that first episode, Hotaru is just the right amount of crazy to be amusing
  • Dimension W: I read the first ~10 chapters of the manga, and it did a pretty good job at adapting it, fun setting with fun characters, can recommend
  • Divine Gate: goddamn whiny protagonists, but it has some potential
  • Durarara: more Drrr is always good
  • Gate: not enough screentime for Lelei and Rory in that first/13th episode!
  • Grimgar: our seasonal ā€œtrapped in an MMOā€ anime, but with a ā€œno memories of past lifeā€-factor this time, average first ep
  • HaruChika: interesting love triangle (poor Chika), and the euphonium is back, could be fun I guess
  • Koukaku no Pandora: strangely enjoyable trashy lesbian cyborg anime, why not
  • (Koyomimonogatari: first ep had the good old Bakemono-atmosphere, so that can only mean good things)
  • Luck & logic: trying to be innovative, and failing at it, kinda meh, but not bad enough to drop (yet)
  • Mahou Shoujo nanteā€¦: lol nope
  • Phantom World: not sure if KyoAni is gonna be all that successful with this, but hey, bouncing boobs saving the day, letā€™s give it a chance I say
  • Nijiiro Days: man, the main guy is maximum beta, but itā€™s kinda amusing, in a way
  • Komugi-chan: right on the border between ā€œpainfully averageā€ and ā€œpretty crapā€, might drop after ep3
  • Ooyasan: uh, itā€™s a short animeā€¦ that existsā€¦
  • PSO2: at least theyā€™re not trapped in an MMO this time, watchable for now but nothing outstanding
  • Prince of Stride: Madhouse going otome-game-adaption this time, eh? If it focuses on the freerunning instead of the otome-parts it might be a fun sports anime
  • Bahamut: why did I even start this? I hate this kind of show, so why did i even try to watch it?
  • Schwarzesmarken: DEUTSCHLAND! Our little muv-luv spinoff this season, ep1 was solid, the main guy is kind of a prick, but at least he knows the GDR was full of shit, so I forgive him
  • Sekkou Boys: lol wat, will continue for now
  • Shoujo-tachi: HanaKana voicing a lively and energetic character for once, thatā€™s a nice change, and it seems to go the SaeKano-way, so it should be enjoyable
  • Shouwa Genroku: if you want to do a show about rakugo, do it like Joshiraku, because having to watch 10min of unfunny rakugo is not fun, letā€™s hope the next eps are different
  • Tabi Machi Late Show: well that was crap, doesnā€™t even have proper animation

Still waiting for Ajin, the last episodes of God Eater, and Kono Subarashii Sekai etc etc

edit:

• Ajin: goddamn ps1-tier full CGI, looks like crap
  • KonoSuba: one of those ā€œtransported into a fantasy worldā€ stories, first ep was amusing, weā€™ll see where it goes from here
2 Likes

Has anyone been watching ā€œERASEDā€ aka ā€œBoku Dake Ga Inai Machiā€ ? The story is very interesting, itā€™s a ā€œDark Mysteryā€ for fans who like those things.

Apparently, thereā€™s going to be a live-action movie of it. Though I tend to not like live-actions because the anime-archetype doesnā€™t fit the role of human people that are acting on the show, I think ERASED looks decent, since thereā€™s really no cliche archetypes used on the characters.

The live-action movieā€™s official preview has been out for a week or 2 now, but brace yourselves. The movie trailer really spoils the anime, with future scenes. But the anime also has a good insert song that was used around halfway through the trailer. The insert song is beautiful. I favor it more than the OP/ED in the anime.

Speaking of new animeā€™s, has anyone been watching Kyoto Animations new show ? The ā€œPhatom Worldā€ show ? The animation looks beautiful, but Iā€™m skeptical about the story, since every episode so far has been focused on each main characters backstory. But Iā€™m sticking with it, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be satisfying.

Throwing down my list of anime for this season pretty behind cause moving >.>
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi Hypeā€™d anime for the season literally watch it the moment I wake up every Thursday morning
Dagashi Kashi Sexual innuendos with Japanese candy ads :smiley:
Dimension W Pretty cool anime with mystery and action
Divine Gate Watched the first episode havenā€™t touched it sinceā€¦ But the game is really fun! Level 107 on it
Durarara Give it try everyone! The first season starts slow but if you can get through it itā€™s really good!
Gate Otaku MC with military and magic! (Lelei is best <3)
Hai to Gensou no Grimar Fantasy world. Episodes are kinda slow but still somewhat enjoyable
Haruchika P.A. Works
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo This is great and I love it. The characters are extremely lovable
Koukaku no Pandora After watching the first episode I told my friend it was a pure type of yuri animeā€¦ second episode proved me wrong >///<
Luck & Logic Ehh Iā€™m planning on getting into the TCG that the anime was made from?
Mahou Shoujou Nante Short comedic anime. I like it. Itā€™s cute
Musaigen Phantom World KyoAni and inappropriate body touching and bouncingā€¦ and GIFā€™s oh lord the GIFā€™s
Nijiro Days My friends wouldnā€™t stop bothering me about itā€¦ Itā€™s nice I suppose
Ojiisan to Marshmallow He wants marshmallows and she wants his marshmallow
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Infinite Stratos
Shoujou Tachi ha Kouya no Mezasu Eroge making? Kana Hanazawa voices a main lead go watch it

For Spring 2016 I have (or had) the following choices:

Joker Game (solid first episode, will definitely keep watching)
Endride (dropped it halfway through the first episode: way too boring, characters donā€™t mix well with backgrounds and too much ugly CG for my poor eyes)
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (havenā€™t watched it yet, still pondering if I should, because it reminds of AOT, whose manga does not bring me positive memories)
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanokojanai to Omotta? (should I?)
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge (will give it a try because NNB director, OP is nice, heard some stuff about interesting character dynamics and I have kind of a fascination for people sleeping).

I found it to be one of those shows thatā€™s incredibly dumb but enjoyable. The story isnā€™t good and it looks like itā€™ll just be SAO once theyā€™re out of the game.

[quote=ā€œDoublethree1, post:399, topic:28, full:trueā€]The story isnā€™t good and it looks like itā€™ll just be SAO once theyā€™re out of the game.
[/quote]

Holy shit, I`m gonna watch this right now! (I love SAO, Aincrad is the perfect way to make an anime imo)

My current list is:

Big Order
Boku no Hero Academia
Bungou Stray Dogs
Flying Witch
Hai Furi
Joker Game
Kiznaiver
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Kuma Miko
Kuromukuro
Mayoiga
Netoge
Re:Zero
Sakamoto
Seisen Cerberus
Shounen Maid
Sousei no Onmyouji
Tanaka-kun

Iā€™ve only watched the first episode of about half of them, and Ive already dropped several, so I wont be surprised if I drop a few more.

@sillylittlemelody, Netoge is probably gonna be like a guilty pleasure kinda thing for me. Seemed kinda stupid, but I still found it enjoyable.

1 Like